Old Chiang Mai

waveydavey

If anyone is interested in seeing what Chiang Mai used to look like I'd recommend paying a visit to Pantip Plaza. There's a small exhibition there at the moment with photographs mostly taken between 50 and 100 years ago. I found it particularly fascinating to see shots of the river when it had almost dried up. Also to see Songkran before it became the madness it is today, mind you, there were no motorbikes to knock people off in those days......

Interests me.

Did you notice how long it would be on? (I'm still based in Chiangrai until month-end). Did they have copies of photos for sale?

I don't think they have copies for sale but I happened to find the old boy who took the pictures. A search on Google led me to a feature in Chiang Mai Mail and from that I went to his house on Charoen muang Soi 8. He is 78 years old and a very warm welcoming gentleman. If you need to contact him I have his card and phone number.

The article is here...

http://www.chiangmai-mail.com/149/features.shtml

Edited by KevinHUNT

Interests me.

Did you notice how long it would be on? (I'm still based in Chiangrai until month-end). Did they have copies of photos for sale?

Sorry, I didn't see any indication of how long it was on for. I couldn't see any photos for sale but a couple of Thai people were photographing the photographs and nobody seemed to mind.