Anyone Have A Mathematics Degree? Fuji Restaurant Card Issue

JerryO

So i finally broke down and got Fuji restaurant's "Smart Card" ("your smart choice"), to save money, cause i eat there regularly.

their instructions talke about "magic points", and "Magic zero" points, and conversion rates, and various discounts based on spending, and based on earings of both these two types of points. Then there are other rules about earning points within certain time frames. then there are something called "Lucky points". And if I spend or reach different threshholds, there are other mathematical formulas that come into play, about current and future discounts, and rate of earning the different types of points (magic, zero and lucky).

I only went to a four year university, so I don't have the intellect to be able to understand this Japanese restaurant's discount policy for their best customers. And of course all the instructions are in Thai, so that makes it a bit harder too.

And i don't know if it's a life membership or if it expires. And the contract I had to sign was about as long as a property purchase contract with escrow documents.

I figure anything that complicated that is supposed to lure customers is a rip-off and keep my visits to Fuji to a minimum. Zen is better anyway.

Agreed on both points. I gave up trying to understand the Fuji card years ago.

I have one.

It costs 300b to get and you recieve a 300b discount on your next meal - so it pays for itself right away.

I think you get 1 point for every 300b you spend, and once you get 15 points you get another 300b discount.

The card lasts for 3 years. It has an expiration date on the front.

This is my second card. I imagine I recieved about 900b in discounts over the first 3 years and a free salt shaker on my birthday - woo hoo.

Im my opinion, if you eat there more than twice a year, you might as well go for it.

So over the 3 years you have had the card you have recieved 1 birthday present? Did you not get one every year? When is your birthday? (Feb 29th)...

900B discount over 3 years is not very much for them to spend for you to be a regular at their resturants...

I hope you go there for the food and not for the discount..

Ps. If you get a 300B discount on the first meal after you get the card it is a good deal...

Ps. If you get a 300B discount on the first meal after you get the card it is a good deal...

This must be new, or they never bothered to explain it before. You can't lose this way.

It must be a new scheme. I recollect - from about 4 years ago - that you needed to spend over 1,000 baht before you accumulated any points, and you certainly didn't get the cost back straight away. I was sure - at the time - that there was no way I could amass enough points in the time needed to get any discount.

Next time I go I'll look into it as it seems a much better deal now.