Importing A Triumph From The Uk

onnut

If the paper work is not fully workable, I'm still willing to pay, depending how much of the paperwork is available. But I can almost surely say that it would not be less then 150,000 Baht cash. That is cash in the hand, if you read all postings on this forum, you probably right assuming that you would never get this offer from anybody else.

But wondering a bit about the 5,000 Pond value of the bike, makes me wonder what model it is.... is it a 2003 or 2004 Rocket... a collectors piece old timer ... or just a last years model Triumph road bike...

If its a street triple or speed triple I would also buy it outside of the Thai customs nightmare.. Penang or KL ideal shipping destinations.. So your not alone

As a brit its trivial to register it in my name and drive in.. I could live with the visa running aspect.

SEE if he can get a carnet Asap while the bike is travelling and then fax the Carnet to the shipping compamy and he will be ok for 90 days and then the bike has to leave every 90 days. ( NOT 180DAYS)!!!!!If your in Phuket just go over to and talk to John at the Kamala MTN view

We probably know many of the same ones Richard, in fact one of my worries is there are now so many farangs gaming the system this way that how long until they crackdown and say temp imports 1 time or 1 time in the 6 months out.. However your not 100% on the details there, the Thai customs do not accept the standard auto carnet.. I am told they do accept the commercial ATA carnets but they refused to issue me one as a private person for his purpose (its for motorshows, race cars, etc) so the carnet aspect is out.. Thailand will let you enter for 30 - 60 days depending on border (malaysia being best) and then you can extend up to 6 months incountry visiting the customs office (Phuket towns one was hyper friendly, didnt ask for a bribe, and encouraged me to use this route)..

Once the machine goes into the system as a permanent import then its a mess..