Kata Viewpoint Night Bandits

huggybear

Seems the criminals are out there again.

Recently a guy was riding at 1:00AM from the viewpoint toward Rawai when up from behind came two guys on the bike. As the pillion rider stuck his leg out to kick the bike, said fellow braked. Crooks flew by.

Potential victim followed crooks, they slowed to try and have him come alongside, potential victim blasted the gas and flew on by the crooks. They did not pursue, waited for an easier target......

I hope this guy filed a complaint with the police. Just maybe (maybe) that will initiate the police patrols once again before a more serious incident occurs (which it will !!).

and maybe carry a small non lethal weapon?

I have a C19th Mahogany excise trungeon, just in case.

I remember

MisterMan

ranting on about CCTV's for that area.

I found the original thread, but didn't care to post it.

A C19th Mahogany excise trungeon? That means they have to get close.

If you are a total idiot, and feel the need to meander along said road at said time, be smart and

CARRY PEPPER SPRAY!!! :D

Or go the long way, or buy a faster bike. I know "a guy" who BLOWS through there from Rawai beach to Kata Beach) on a super fast bike with no headlights on after the bars close. Be careful, or he may run you over.

Todd Says: Anyone dumb enough to drive that route late at night, after all the muggings, killings, and robberies, deserve whatever they get. :o

I'll bet "a guy" was a Local Farang that lives here and knows the warnings. If Huggy knows "this person" I would be willing to bet it is a long time farang.

If I was the Cop who took the report, I would pull out my bataan, and smack the victim over the head, and put him in jail for feeding the criminals.

If everyone stops going through there, they will stop being robbed!

How is this hard to understand? Some people should not be allowed to drink, drive, and live in Rawai.

Idiots like this make it harder for the rest of us.

That's right, Paul. Your "a guy" is an idiot. :D

todd

post-61156-1226994533_thumb.jpg

I am no way questioning if this really happened. ( I know how defensive people get here!) Just want to know how you heard about it? Do you know the guy? Why was is not in the Gazette? Why haven't the police tried to set up a sting or at least increase patrols in the area? Have the police ever addressed the problem?

It is if you use a bit of common sense.

If someone is chasing you, and you spray it over your shoulder, you could/would completely drench them in it. If next to you, slow down, and then spray in a leading direction, as a Quarterback would do to a wide receiver.

As for your comment, obviously p!ssing in the wind would be foolish, but if you must. Don't get any on yourself.

:o

Fortunately, I am smart enough not to have to because I am not stupid enough to drive that way in the first place.

The Class? Dude, I think you speak for yourself.

This is stupid, and I already have 2 warnings for railing people like you, so I am done.

kisses!!!

todd

Todd, You seem a bit uptight? Do you need a Hug?

Fortunately, I am smart enough not to have to because I am not stupid enough to drive that way in the first place.

The Class? Dude, I think you speak for yourself.

This is stupid, and I already have 2 warnings for railing people like you, so I am done.

kisses!!!

todd

sure thing u are right ,it is not the first post about Rawail roads insecurity

But in this messagesboard we are NOT a bunch of cowards !!

I don't remember calling anyone a coward maluko, and where you got that is unclear to me.

"If 10 people tell you that you have a tail, you might want to turn around and look for yourself." -John Wayne

All I am saying is if there are man eating sharks in the water, and you go swimming in said water, don't be suprised if you get bitten by a shark(s).

It is a bad high season, and as an Ex-Pat residing in Phuket, a bad High Season means crime will be higher. Keeping that in mind, and using caution, we all may make it to the low season (my favorite time of the year).

thanks

todd

I don't remember calling anyone a coward maluko, and where you got that is unclear to me.

"If 10 people tell you that you have a tail, you might want to turn around and look for yourself." -John Wayne

All I am saying is if there are man eating sharks in the water, and you go swimming in said water, don't be suprised if you get bitten by a shark(s).

It is a bad high season, and as an Ex-Pat residing in Phuket, a bad High Season means crime will be higher. Keeping that in mind, and using caution, we all may make it to the low season (my favorite time of the year).

thanks

todd

:o:D yep i was just joking, nothing to say more i am totally agree with your feeling.

I remember just after tsunami crime was higher, especially on the roads,and not only in rawai, i have friends who get coned on the road from Patong to Kamala...

Until now low season is also my favorite time of the year.High season is too crowded, prices are up, traffic is awful , people are not friendly, too greedy, it time for me to test out a new destination !

• 2 weeks later...

thanks

todd

Seems a bit meek to say people should not dare to ride on a public road for fear of the bandits.

Also, sayin that this who get vicitimized essentially "had it coming" fo being so stupid a to drive on a public road might be counterproductive as well.

I agree, I have not felt threatned driving that road at night, then again i have never come across any trouble there. But even still when im on that road at night thats all i think about are these damned bandits?! SO i just drive it like i stole it, i get everything out of those 125cc's. Maybe its time to buy a bigger bike....

Haha, I had a pretty good laugh when i read that to, I had a mental picture of someone trying to get the spray out of the cubbyhole in the bike and then trying to turn and around and spray then crashing the bike into the gaurdrail , only to be beat to a pulp by the robbers and have all your baht stolen , then have the pepperspray turned onto you as you lay helpless in the ditch....Bruce Willis could do it I bet, average drunken farang on honda dream..umm no.

Haha, I had a pretty good laugh when i read that to, I had a mental picture of someone trying to get the spray out of the cubbyhole in the bike and then trying to turn and around and spray then crashing the bike into the gaurdrail , only to be beat to a pulp by the robbers and have all your baht stolen , then have the pepperspray turned onto you as you lay helpless in the ditch....Bruce Willis could do it I bet, average drunken farang on honda dream..umm no.

"Quick! slow down ... line up to where they are a meter away from you .... spray in the eyes! .... CRAP they have a face screen on the helmet! ... Crap the wind is blowing the wrong way! ... Crap this crap burns!"

I can top that FT, I just am back from a 3 day banning. OH NO !!!!! (sarcasm)

Anyway, drove the Kata Viewpoint rd. last night, around eight beers under my belt, no sign of bandits.

I think they are all at Suvarnabhumi.

Wow todd,

I'm not sure I agree with the pepper spray either. But then again, I am not crazy enough to be caught dead on a cheap mini bike anyway. I can say this for Todd, he has a 1000cc Big Dog, so I don't think he would ever need the spray. My friend XXXXXX goes through there on a Big Camoflauged Honda Scooter, but he carries weapons on his bike because he is crazy and would love to tangle up with some jacked-up, mal-nurished Criminals. He goes and drives through there with no lights on at high speeds. He is insane and drives like he is running from the police.

Might I suggest a Jousting Lance for those of you too cheap to afford an appropriate means of transportation. Everyone has been scoulding me about my big bad ferocious pitts, and how one day I will get what I deserve. Now it makes sense.

I can't say that I am going to pity you when you ride by me in the back of the Ambulance because you were too tough to listen.

I whole heartedly agree with Todd, in that if you go there, and they get you, you deserve it.

Hundreds of times, the potential was there, you just got lucky. But you seem to me like a real adventurer 1000baht so best of luck to you.

As far as trying to spray someone with mace while riding? I think it would be fairly easy (considering I have seen farangs smoking, drinking, and chatting on the cell) being that if that stuff so much as touches your skin you are screwed. But by all means Cowboy, bang out those cc's. See how far that gets you.

Lovingly! :o

~a~

Wow todd,

I'm not sure I agree with the pepper spray either. But then again, I am not crazy enough to be caught dead on a cheap mini bike anyway. I can say this for Todd, he has a 1000cc Big Dog, so I don't think he would ever need the spray. My friend XXXXXX goes through there on a Big Camoflauged Honda Scooter, but he carries weapons on his bike because he is crazy and would love to tangle up with some jacked-up, mal-nurished Criminals. He goes and drives through there with no lights on at high speeds. He is insane and drives like he is running from the police.

Might I suggest a Jousting Lance for those of you too cheap to afford an appropriate means of transportation. Everyone has been scoulding me about my big bad ferocious pitts, and how one day I will get what I deserve. Now it makes sense.

I can't say that I am going to pity you when you ride by me in the back of the Ambulance because you were too tough to listen.

I whole heartedly agree with Todd, in that if you go there, and they get you, you deserve it.

Hundreds of times, the potential was there, you just got lucky. But you seem to me like a real adventurer 1000baht so best of luck to you.

As far as trying to spray someone with mace while riding? I think it would be fairly easy (considering I have seen farangs smoking, drinking, and chatting on the cell) being that if that stuff so much as touches your skin you are screwed. But by all means Cowboy, bang out those cc's. See how far that gets you.

Haha, you really dont like me do you?! I whole heartdly disagree with you that if your there and they get you , you deserve it. Pit Bulls rock!!

Wow! Just Wow!

Especially coming from a woman.

Now where have I heard a similar thought process before???

Oh yeah! Sounds a lot like, "She was asking for it!" doesn't it?

It's a fairly ignorant attitude.

Sure, you should prepare yourself for any danger, but saying someone deserves it is going too far. Nobody can be prepared 100% of the time, and any victim of an unprovoked crime deserves sympathy.

QUOTE (MellowYellow @ 2008-12-03 19:51:40)

QUOTE (amanda76 @ 2008-11-30 22:23:38)

Wow! Just Wow!

Especially coming from a woman.

Now where have I heard a similar thought process before???

Oh yeah! Sounds a lot like, "She was asking for it!" doesn't it?

It's a fairly ignorant attitude.

Sure, you should prepare yourself for any danger, but saying someone deserves it is going too far. Nobody can be prepared 100% of the time, and any victim of an unprovoked crime deserves sympathy.

Exactly my thoughts. It is a public road, so what on earth makes someone think that if another fellow expat, or local for that matter , gets mugged on that road, that they deserve it? Im presently worried at the moment of this PAD movement,and the problem it is causing for the tourism industry this high season, crime is almost gauranteed to go up.

MellowYellow reminds me of an unflushed Toilet.

And yet, 1000baht, you brag about going through there drunk and after hours.

So if I was to see a sign that said "No Swimming, Sharks sighted!!", and I went swimming anyway, wouldn't I deserve what I get?

Could it be that by driving through there, as you said before that you had, and came out unscathed, didn't you get what you deserve?

All entertainment has been lost in this forum.

~a~