Druggings In Chiang Mai Bars

jacksode

I have personally seen two clear instances of Thai girls being drugged in clubs in Chiang Mai in the last two months. On the first occasion at Mandalay, an Israeli guy bought a Thai girl a small beer, her second of the night and she was as a result ill for close to 24 hours (dazed, lack of motor skills, slurred words and loss of memory) The guy in question actually had the nerve to call her the next day and ask if she was ok, 'Didn't she feel a bit strange today?'

On the second occasion another acquaintance was at Dtam Ngan Folk in Chiang Mai land and had something put in her drink, by another Israeli guy, again similar symptoms the next day. Not sure how much of this is going around and Thai people don't seem to believe that kind of thing actually happens. Luckily on both these occasions the girl was able to get home safely with significant help from her friends.

I am aware that most of the people reading this are foreigners, but wanted to try and do something to stop these attempted rapes happening and don't have anywhere else I would consider going to.

I'm sorry, but although I don't doubt in your sincerity in posting about these alleged incidents.....without detailed corroboration we (the forum) can be exposed to liability issues.

And forum anonymity rules preclude anyone's detailed info...sort of a Catch 22, I'm afraid.

Be careful all of you out there; thread closed.