Visa Runs From Samui

herbert is special and not friendly in front of everyone, but once the visas are obtained it looks all the pressure went away and he's back to a normal state, you can even joke with him.

i can"t recommend the trip of course as it's using a dangerous way and asleeping in narathiwat is not recommended.

regarding easyway, it's the cheapest i could find and it's easy to make a booking with the business owner and pay to the driver in the morning.

herbert is special and not friendly in front of everyone, but once the visas are obtained it looks all the pressure went away and he's back to a normal state, you can even joke with him.

i can"t recommend the trip of course as it's using a dangerous way and asleeping in narathiwat is not recommended.

regarding easyway, it's the cheapest i could find and it's easy to make a booking with the business owner and pay to the driver in the morning.

did you ever use easyway,cos i called them(said they were in mae nam)and they told me they only go to penang,not kota bhuri.

Went to Immigration in Nathon to renew my Non-Imm O a month ago.

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday - new requirements every day = No luck getting the renewal.

Since I still had to do a borderrun by Friday, I decided to go to Penang Thursday morning for the renewal.

Left with the 8.00am ferry and arrived in Penang 7pm.

Went to my regular agent, Banana Guesthouse, had the paperwork done by Thursday night.

Friday afternoon the Non-Imm O visa was in my hands, without any problems at all.

Tony, I'm on a 12 month Non immigrant multiple entry 'O' visa. I go to the UK every 12-15 months to renew it.

Are you saying I can get this SAME visa renewed in Penang?

Why would you go to Nathon to try to renew it? Are we talking about a different visa here? A retirement visa or something?

I am really confused now.

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday - new requirements every day = No luck getting the renewal.

Since I still had to do a borderrun by Friday, I decided to go to Penang Thursday morning for the renewal.

Went to my regular agent, Banana Guesthouse, had the paperwork done by Thursday night.

Friday afternoon the Non-Imm O visa was in my hands, without any problems at all.

They also informed me that new rules for 60 day Tourist visa applies from Nov 3.

Starting that day the consulate guarantee the visa the same day as you apply, if applied in the morning.

Which was good news for my wife since she needed a new tourist visa.

Last week she went down there with her friend, left Thursday morning and was back again Saturday morning.

Ferry, minibus, visa agent fee and a night at Continental Hotel = 2300 Baht.

Quiet a bargin, right?

Also Samuibeachcomber - since Nov 2006 neither Kota Bharu or Penang issues multiple Tourist visas any longer.

Since the discussion been up - I would never ever(or anyone in my family) go with either Herbert or Easy Way.

It seems like its a 50/50 % chans at penang at the moment. Some friends of mine went about a week ogo, also to banana guest house, and they couldnt say if they would get their visas or not. One guy applying for 12 months non b (got only 3) and the other guy trying to get de touristvisa but got only s.e.

My other friend was about 3 months ago and trying to get a non o but got nothing. But here we read about a few that where lucky in Penang so i guess they do issue does visas sometimes?

Seems like a lottery to go there though. :o .

Tony, I'm on a 12 month Non immigrant multiple entry 'O' visa. I go to the UK every 12-15 months to renew it.

Are you saying I can get this SAME visa renewed in Penang?

Why would you go to Nathon to try to renew it? Are we talking about a different visa here? A retirement visa or something?

I am really confused now.

Reason for the visit in Nathon is simple - they do renew or rather extend the Non-Immigrant O visa there.

For some strange reason though they apply stricter rules than the consulate in Penang.

Thats why I went to Penang, where there were no problems at all, had to pay 1500 Baht for express though.

Which is still better than staying the entire weekend in Penang, if you arrive on a Thursday like I did.

My friend had problems with his Non-Imm B in Penang, only got three months, after getting 12 months every year

for the past 9 years.

He went to Kota Bharu and got 3 years there - Yes THREE years. :o

Strange how Thai consulates in the same country can apply the rules to different.

Easiest way to know for sure is to call Banana Guesthouse +60-42626171, boss name is Eddie and his wife Lily

both very friendly and professional.

They will give you an honest answer.

Better than going all the way to UK if its not necessary. :D

Good luck!!!

Easiest way to know for sure is to call Banana Guesthouse +60-42626171, boss name is Eddie and his wife Lily

both very friendly and professional.

They will give you an honest answer.

Better than going all the way to UK if its not necessary. :o

I second this. Eddie Chia and his wife are nice, helpful and professional. They will pick you upin the airport, meet you in the embassy, drive you to an atm or what ever special requests you have. And the banana place they have is a bar/restaurant, with bungalows, you arrive midnight you hand in all the papers and passport to them, they go to the embassy next day when you sleep it out. Supergood.

Word is that also Easy Way Travel has started to do Kota Bharu runs. One way is to go to Kota Bharu with your friends and leave car on Thai side, continue with the boat and taxi to the city itself in the morning and leave paper works in. While in some cases it might take over night, in most cases you should easily get your papers back by afternoon should you be there first thing in the morning. There are bars too but not the easiest to find them. Try doing Kota Bharu from Wikipedia for more info.

Read more from the people who have been there. Herbert has always acted that it is his secret trip that no one else can do. You really shouldn't risk your life by taking certain H trip there but instead collect bunch of friends, get Easy or try bus/train(?). If you want to get a flight you might as well do your trip to KL since Penang is practically no go (for more than 3 months visa).

• 2 weeks later...
Word is that also Easy Way Travel has started to do Kota Bharu runs. One way is to go to Kota Bharu with your friends and leave car on Thai side, continue with the boat and taxi to the city itself in the morning and leave paper works in. While in some cases it might take over night, in most cases you should easily get your papers back by afternoon should you be there first thing in the morning. There are bars too but not the easiest to find them. Try doing Kota Bharu from Wikipedia for more info.

Read more from the people who have been there. Herbert has always acted that it is his secret trip that no one else can do. You really shouldn't risk your life by taking certain H trip there but instead collect bunch of friends, get Easy or try bus/train(?). If you want to get a flight you might as well do your trip to KL since Penang is practically no go (for more than 3 months visa).

Does anyone have the details (website, telephone numbers) for Easy Way and Herbert. Interested in doing a quick\cheap visa run to Kota Bharu for double-entry TR over the next few days from Samui.

Cheers.

I dont think herbert is bad....yes at times the drivers drive a tad fast but i used him for over 2 years and didnt find him arrogant he just wants to keep a tight ship and make sure everybody doesnt go wandering off or fill their forms in wrong......believ me their were times when i was on one of his trip where people would ust wander off to the markets for over 1 hour..get held up at immigration for another hour or 2 because people filled their forms incorrectly..

Some might say bossy but like i said he needs to get his point across ortherwise chaos will occur and nobody wants to spend the night in the van stuck at Don Sak..

I for one found Herbert a okay guy, and all those people slaggin him off would be the first to phone him if they had a immigration problem..

Keep it up herbert but maybe slightly slower!!

• 2 weeks later...

just got back from visa run with herbert to kota bharu,3 mini buses,30 people or more and have to report it was excellent.

the drivers were very good,120kpm on dual carraigeway sections and 80-100 on single lane roads,felt safe no problem.thought herbert very efficient,everyone knew what was expected of them re time frames,and what they had to do at each point of the visa run and found herbert had a good sense of humour,particularly on the return after everyone had got their visa's,pressure was off i guess.

we stayed in narathiwat on the first night,5 hours waiting in shopping mall in kota bharu to get visa's and 4 hours in hat yai on return,caught 6am ferry back to samui,very tiring 2 days but eveyone happy.its one of the reasons i decided to go with herbert as he practically gaurantees if you have the right paperwork and qualifications your visa is a cert,unlike if you go by yourself you can often come up against an official whose having a bad day or decides he/she does n't like the look of you and can decide to not give you the visa you applied for.

so i would like to recommend this visa trip to any out there thinking of going with herbert,it was a job well done,and i got non immigrant 0 multy entry for i year which will effectively give me 15 months.cheers herbert!

Those in the know already knew :o

so what are you saying?dont bother to post.it was a good trip and i like to post positive responses.i appreciated all the comments to my original post,ngative feedback too.

Just a poke in the eye to Herbert detractors.

Happy you posted it and happy your experience was positive as was mine.

Edited by Pilchard

Those in the know already knew :o

so what are you saying?dont bother to post.it was a good trip and i like to post positive responses.i appreciated all the comments to my original post,ngative feedback too.

Just a poke in the eye to Herbert detractors.

Happy you posted it and happy your experience was positive as was mine.

sorry i took your comment the wrong way.

yes i was really glad i made the decision to do the trip,and everyone seemed to get on well and there were some humorous moments too.cheers.

just got back from visa run with herbert to kota bharu,3 mini buses,30 people or more and have to report it was excellent.

the drivers were very good,120kpm on dual carraigeway sections and 80-100 on single lane roads,felt safe no problem.thought herbert very efficient,everyone knew what was expected of them re time frames,and what they had to do at each point of the visa run and found herbert had a good sense of humour,particularly on the return after everyone had got their visa's,pressure was off i guess.

we stayed in narathiwat on the first night,5 hours waiting in shopping mall in kota bharu to get visa's and 4 hours in hat yai on return,caught 6am ferry back to samui,very tiring 2 days but eveyone happy.its one of the reasons i decided to go with herbert as he practically gaurantees if you have the right paperwork and qualifications your visa is a cert,unlike if you go by yourself you can often come up against an official whose having a bad day or decides he/she does n't like the look of you and can decide to not give you the visa you applied for.

so i would like to recommend this visa trip to any out there thinking of going with herbert,it was a job well done,and i got non immigrant 0 multy entry for i year which will effectively give me 15 months.cheers herbert!

Happy you liked the trip. With Herbert there is a big fangroup who adore the way he works, there is a huge group of people who dont approve at all with his style. And let´s face it, the guy have been living on this for many years and have a big group of returing customers who like his trip. I personaly dont, but that just mean i dont use him. Easy.

However, i heard Kathu baru is closing down after new year. Anybody else heard this? :o .

hi mattias,where did you here this?If its true that would be a big blow not only to herbert.

I read it on another forum. But it is to be considered a rumor not fact! Was posted by a member in a Swedich thaiforum. Therefore i posted it here to see if anybody here heard about it?

Would be a major issue for many i suppose.

• 3 months later...

I talked to Herbert on the phone, and decided there. Im not giving this asshol_e any money, he is very rude. If you want to see how they drive just look for the silver vans flying down any road in Thailand at a million KMPH. Im surprised there are not daily wrecks

• 1 year later...