Internett (connection) In Thailand

thomasjojo

hi again, after all this years... it seams that the internet connection in Thailand is not bettr than it was back in 2003 ?

I used to live in Phuket and Bangkok, and I had a 2000/512 adsl line both places. But the speed and internalional connection wasnt too bad, is it worse now or what is it?

Im planning to move back to bangkok in 2009, and will base my income from internett work overseas (Europe), and Im wondering what I can buy as ADSL speed in Bangkok metro area this days.

kap,

thanks...

hi again, after all this years... it seams that the internet connection in Thailand is not bettr than it was back in 2003 ?

I used to live in Phuket and Bangkok, and I had a 2000/512 adsl line both places. But the speed and internalional connection wasnt too bad, is it worse now or what is it?

Im planning to move back to bangkok in 2009, and will base my income from internett work overseas (Europe), and Im wondering what I can buy as ADSL speed in Bangkok metro area this days.

kap,

thanks...

http://internet.nectec.or.th/internetmap/v...etmap112008.gif

Keep in mind that Thailand has 14 million internet users.

As it was quite good on saturday (22/11), it is a nightmare since yesterday and today. Being in BKK on a TOT ADSL line. Pings show up to 50% packet loss. Speed is down to 20kbps. It is incredible that internet even in Bangkok is that bad. For example in Vietnam I never had such a bad connection. Thai Visa almost unreadable (this post takes minutes to post).

As it was quite good on saturday (22/11), it is a nightmare since yesterday and today. Being in BKK on a TOT ADSL line. Pings show up to 50% packet loss. Speed is down to 20kbps. It is incredible that internet even in Bangkok is that bad. For example in Vietnam I never had such a bad connection. Thai Visa almost unreadable (this post takes minutes to post).

http://www.ttt.co.th/

just by looking at the main websites in thailand, it tells me the stage is about like 99 or 2000 here. The old fashioned intro / splash pages etc..

Does the internet / web development people in Thailand even read or look at subjects as usability etc?

Is there room for somebody likeme to improve plenty of this sites? Guess so

...Does the internet / web development people in Thailand even read or look at subjects as usability etc?

Is there room for somebody likeme to improve plenty of this sites? Guess so

Farang telling Thai how to improve usability of web sites!! :o

Good luck with that! :D

when I lived in bangkok I had True = 30 - 70 kb / sec for international sites

now moved just outside bangkok, no True here, only TOT = 10 kb falling to 0 for international sites

TOT = ripp off and no alternative

and if no alternative, no need to pay for those so called 1024 / 512 kbps monthly flees because all you got is a max 10% of what they promise

you can do a speedtest.net and it will give you +- 800 kpbs on a thai server only, one outside the "kingdom", you can expect max 10% of that

SCANDALOUS