Import Export To Canada

Just one more thing that may be handy to know. If you haven't yet picked a Canadian bank to deal with in importing from Thailand, there is a branch of Scotiabank in Bangkok. Don't ask me where....I wasn't sober when I found it.

cv

I do know were it is. I have been down there my self, I deal with the Scotia bank in Canada.

Anyone just starting out thier research into Thai products for export may want to check in at the Thai Export Promotions Department in Bangkok. They are really nice and can provide you with addresses of factories and manufacturers of just about every product available for export. That is the mandate they work under. They will even setup meeting, tours and provide meeting rooms for free at thier office.

They are very welcoming and helped me to get in touch with many manufacturers of body jewelry such as naval rings etc. This stuff can be bought cheap in Asia and sells for anywhere from $20 -50 per piece out at the mall in Canada. It's also light weight and easy to ship.

If you want a good product this may be it. Go out to some of the smaller stalls at the malls and ask them if they would be interested in product directly from asia. Most I talked to were interested and paying $10 for an item that sold for $20. The same item sells for $2 in BKK.

The companies will even provide catalogs ready for your company stamp on th back cover and you could get a great start for $5k with lots of stock and samples. When I researched this I had people sending me large amounts of samples for free, simply for the asking.

Setup a web site and get business cards and your looking like a pro and ready to go shopping at the factories. 

Tony

Hello again Tony, who did you use as a shipper to get the product to Canada? and do you have your own import export company set up in Canada?

http://www.thaitrade.com/default.shtml

This is the Department of Export Promotions. I can't remember the address but I they were really helpful. They put on numerous trade shows at various times of the year. They usually produce a full coulor guide to each trade show. So if you can't attend you can still get contact info for every company that did.

As far as shipping it really depends on how much your bringing back. You could use container services which run about $7000 CDN for a full can. For smaller shipments you can use air without paying full premium. Most airlines have a secondary air frieght service were your frieght will sit until they have unsold space. It's cheaper for stuff thats not time sensitive. So maybe it takes a week instead of 2 days.

If your talking about body jewelery you could buy it locally and pack it up then send it by courier or post. Thst stuff is very light weight and small. As far as importing into Canada, if you register a new business in Ontario you can get your PST, GST and Importers number all by filling out one simple set of forms online.

This is a good site to start at ---

http://www.cbsc.org/

The Canadian Government offices in Thailand will not be of any use unless you want to bring product from Canada to Thailand and then they will step up and help. Basically the help always comes from the country you are exporting from .... Exports = Good - Imports = Bad

These guys are also helpful ....

The Canadian Import Export Association

http://www.importers.ca/

Tony

Edited by eng911