Condo Search

Hello,

I am researching (online) for the purchase of a clean, decent studio or 1 bed condo in the Jomtien or Pattaya area. I am looking for a building that is well maintained, somewhat quiet, swimming pool, and preferably has a basic fitness center (gym). So far I have looked at (from Fair Properties);

View Talay 5&6, Pattaya Condo Chain, Spanish Place, Jomtien Beach Condo, Angket Condo, Jomtien Paradise Beach, Ban Suan Lalana, and Hagone Condo.

I know that is a big list, but any info would be greatly appreciated.

M

Hello,

I am researching (online) for the purchase of a clean, decent studio or 1 bed condo in the Jomtien or Pattaya area. I am looking for a building that is well maintained, somewhat quiet, swimming pool, and preferably has a basic fitness center (gym). So far I have looked at (from Fair Properties);

View Talay 5&6, Pattaya Condo Chain, Spanish Place, Jomtien Beach Condo, Angket Condo, Jomtien Paradise Beach, Ban Suan Lalana, and Hagone Condo.

M

Hi,

There are a lot of condos. What is your budget?

Just try a different agency if Fair Properties didn't show you anything attractive. These agency guys are in the market day in day out - they should know where the deals are. Or else try the Thai Visa classifieds.

I have a buddy who lives at Star Beach - that place seems OK. I'm not sure how that fits in with your budget though.

Go to the ground floor of any building that interests you.

Talk to the receptionists and look on the boards what is avaialble.

It would be worth your while if you are able to wait until the high season is over.

The "high season" is not gonig to be a winner, but owners of units will still be able to get some rent for the time being to hold themselves over.

About the time April comes around, there will be a lot of good deals to be had. If you can wait until then, you would be making a good decision.

Desperate sellers will start to put their condo pictures up on the Friendship, Foodland and Carefour boards after high season and although at first they wil be asking "Market Price" which their neighbors are asking but not selling, they will be willing to bargain down ... maybe 30%.

I am a happy renter, although I have owned 6 houses, one built from ground up myself, in Pattaya over the past 20 years, buying my first one when I was 24.

I think that if you chose to get a long-term lease instead--really cheap, and register it at the land office, you would be better off than buying.

I currently pay 96,000 baht / year for a 2 bdrm 2 bthrm newly renovated home in la bella Casa, South Pattaya. The owner would like to sell it for about 2.5M, but he lives out of the country and makes new effort.

Search around and you will be able to find a similar set-up. It gives you the ability to move if necessary.

Good luck with everything.

You should also consider going to the auctions which take place about once per week. The auction location is on Theprasert Road (actually just behind it) only 2 or three blocks from Tappaya Road.

Thanks,

Everyone for you replies. I plan on my next trip to LOS in Feb-April and will look arounfd then. In the meantime I will do more research on the debate of buying vs. renting in LOS. It just seems soo cheap to buy (1-2 Mill Baht) that it makes it tempting.

WS

• 2 weeks later...

As every day goes by, it becomes better and better to rent.

There are many signs "For sale or for rent" because the owners cannot find a buyer.

Owners need to rent them, and finding a long-term renter (6 months to one year) is good luck, and hard work.

You are really in the driver's seat if you are interested in renting. You are in the driver's seat if you choose to buy as well, ...... until you pay for the unit. Then, you will be stcuk as an owner.

Rent and keep your investments liquid and in countries where you can read the language.

Best of luck

Hello,

M

Why would you look at view talay 6 with your budget

• 2 weeks later...

I would recommend taking a long look at Jomtien Beach Condo. I have lived here for 3 yrs and also own 4 units I rent out. The location is great as it is very quiet yet close to all the necessities. The management has been here for 10 yrs and the place is very well run. The maintenance is probably the cheapest in town and the staff is great and the grounds and pools always clean. I you woul like, feel free to message me and maybe I can help you find a place here.

I would recommend taking a long look at Jomtien Beach Condo. I have lived here for 3 yrs and also own 4 units I rent out. The location is great as it is very quiet yet close to all the necessities.

I stayed there once, the last building. The location is 2km+ from the beach road, it's not a walking distance, especially with pregnant wife.

There could be 4000 rooms in the complex, similar build but far more squashed than View Thalay. Even scarry how cramped it is.

I would recommend taking a long look at Jomtien Beach Condo. I have lived here for 3 yrs and also own 4 units I rent out. The location is great as it is very quiet yet close to all the necessities.

I stayed there once, the last building. The location is 2km+ from the beach road, it's not a walking distance, especially with pregnant wife.

There could be 4000 rooms in the complex, similar build but far more squashed than View Thalay. Even scarry how cramped it is.

No it is not!

No it is not!

No?

Not from the gate but from the last building in the complex.

Jomtien Beach Condo

Edited by think_too_mut

Go to the ground floor of any building that interests you.

Talk to the receptionists and look on the boards what is avaialble.

It would be worth your while if you are able to wait until the high season is over.

The "high season" is not gonig to be a winner, but owners of units will still be able to get some rent for the time being to hold themselves over.

About the time April comes around, there will be a lot of good deals to be had. If you can wait until then, you would be making a good decision.

Desperate sellers will start to put their condo pictures up on the Friendship, Foodland and Carefour boards after high season and although at first they wil be asking "Market Price" which their neighbors are asking but not selling, they will be willing to bargain down ... maybe 30%.

I am a happy renter, although I have owned 6 houses, one built from ground up myself, in Pattaya over the past 20 years, buying my first one when I was 24.

I think that if you chose to get a long-term lease instead--really cheap, and register it at the land office, you would be better off than buying.

I currently pay 96,000 baht / year for a 2 bdrm 2 bthrm newly renovated home in la bella Casa, South Pattaya. The owner would like to sell it for about 2.5M, but he lives out of the country and makes new effort.

Search around and you will be able to find a similar set-up. It gives you the ability to move if necessary.

Good luck with everything.

You should also consider going to the auctions which take place about once per week. The auction location is on Theprasert Road (actually just behind it) only 2 or three blocks from Tappaya Road.

how do these auctions work? do they publish a listing? Are they absolute?

No it is not!

No?

Not from the gate but from the last building in the complex.

Jomtien Beach Condo

Correct, No. I stayed there myself once, yes the last building in the complex is further away from the beach, but it is not 2 Km +. !

Okay, so I was bored and went to Google Earth and measured a path from the rear of the furthest Jomtien Beach Condo bulding (over the pool ... oops) to Jomtien Beach Road and the measurement was .58km:

post-33251-1229606901_thumb.jpg

Okay, so I was bored and went to Google Earth and measured a path from the rear of the furthest Jomtien Beach Condo bulding (over the pool ... oops) to Jomtien Beach Road and the measurement was .58km:

Thankyou kindly Sir!! :o

Could be less than 2km+ but it's more than 580m.

This picture was taken from the Grand Jomtien Palace (a dump, the name is misleading) and you can see the first 25% of the length of the first building :

jbc0.jpg

Now you see all others in the back. 580m? No way.

jbc1.jpg

Curiously, the gentleman who owns in there is not coming forward to tell exactly. This confusion with 580m from google map is better than saying, say, 1.2km?

Edited by think_too_mut

I am looking in the price range of 1-2 million Baht.

In that price range your best bets would be View Talay 1 or 2.

If you're at the lower end of 1m the VT1, if you at the upper end then VT2.

These will provide you the best ROI when you decide to sell. I know, you NEVER plan on selling it. That's what they all say.

These building are in great location where you don't need transportation to live. A big selling point to buyers in that price range.