This May Sound Silly..

lbd2005

But what made me first want to go to Thailand was watching 'The Beach'

Where was this filmed in Thailand??

I bet that place gets alot of tourists.. right??

I think in...Aou Maya Island....near Phiphi Island. They had to plant many exra thousands of Coconuts tree..just to make it looked like paradise. Now other film project is going to destroy in Krabi.....again.

But what made me first want to go to Thailand was watching 'The Beach'

Where was this filmed in Thailand??

I bet that place gets alot of tourists.. right??

I think in...Aou Maya Island....near Phiphi Island. They had to plant many exra thousands of Coconuts tree..just to make it looked like paradise. Now other film project is going to destroy in Krabi.....again.

I've read that the waterfall scenes were shot in Khao Yai NP, one and a half hours from Bangkok.

I have been saying this for quite some time already-The first time I visited Thailand, which wasn't all that long ago (1997), they had many tourists coming here but not nearly the number that they have now. In conversations with friends about the subject of Thailand's tourist explosion, it was my opinion that it has become so popular mainly from mainstream media covering it a lot more and because of "Leonardo DiCaprio movies".

You have just proved me right! (A wave of satisfaction has just passed through me)