Goodwill Equivalent In Thailand

girlx

I have a bunch of old clothes and a whole box of other random stuff I don't want (books, bags, shoes, a farang karaoke machine etc.) that I was just going to throw out, but if anyone knows of a charity who could come get them instead that would be great.

I don't know of an org, but I always put my old stuff on the curb, within a day its all gone. The recyclers come and pick it up, I am sure they sell to the used places, who in turn sell to the needed (similar to goodwill, only with a middle man).

Curb it in a seperate box/bag as your trash, the stuff will find its way to others that need it.

I have a bunch of old clothes and a whole box of other random stuff I don't want (books, bags, shoes, a farang karaoke machine etc.) that I was just going to throw out, but if anyone knows of a charity who could come get them instead that would be great.

A friend of a friend :o works for some kind of charity organization near Villa Supermarket on Thong Lo, will ask her now and get back to you with details (I know they take clothes for sure).

I left a few boxes of similar stuff out by the communal waste bins within my apartment block when I was moving out. 5 minutes later most of it was gone with local staff taking anything they found useful/valuable. I know they didn't go to an organised charity but at least they didn't go to waste.

Also, is jcon the poster formerly know as hmmmmmm ...... jcon?

I just got a reply from a message i sent my friend....

1. "Her room is opposite of Au bon pan . You know the cafe and bakery "Au bon pan" right? You can see a yellow building and her room is 3rd floor. I've heard she collects sheets, towels, shoes, magazines, papers which the other side is white, means recycle paper, bags and paper bags with handles. I'll ask her if she collects books. Tomorrow, the charity is holding at the grand villa 1st floor on the opposite side Ariston Hotel on Sukunvit Soi 24. The time is from 9.00 to 12.30. Your friend can go and give things to them only tomorrow. When he / she can't go, can bring things into her room. I'm going to her room this friday around 10.30"

That tomorrow means today, sorry i didnt check my mail last night.

2 "Hi, Tom. Well I called and asked her about collecting, but she doesn't collect books, only magazines. And I felt she wants your friend to bring them to the charity place tomorrow if he / she can. About a kind of papers, means magazines, recycle papers, and paper bags, she can get them, she said."

doesnt make a lot of sense, but there u go.