Returning To Thailand

Somtamnication

In October, I left Phuket after 7 years there, doing hotel work and also teaching at the local schools and had a large Korean following for private studies.

I left because I had a job offer and a contract in the UK (born there, but never lived there). 3 weeks on, I was given 24 hours notice to leave (room upstairs). Long story, but trust me, I am the good guy there.

The dream was to leave for 6 months, then bring my wife and son over, after I had settled down.

I arrived at a bad time. I am, for the lack of a better term, homeless. My Thai staff at the restaurant that contracted me, told me to contact a Thai Bhuddist temple and here I am, 3 weeks on. Going to interviews from here and surfing the net looking for work.

The YOU HAVE NO UK EXPERIENCE bs is at every turn. The red tape here is absolutely incredible and they all look miserable.

Wife crying begging me to come back. So I will come back. I have a good friend who has moved from Phuket to CM and I shall follow him. In fact, wife and venerable son will join his family until I can come and join them.

Question. Having had teaching experience, had a teachers license, etc etc. How difficult would it be to get a teaching job at a govt. school? Any Korean expats in the area?

Thanks for reading.

Not sure about teaching opportunities in CM, I just hope its not English you teach!

I have tried reading your mail 3 times and still do not understand it!

Best of luck with the problems you are having, whatever they are.

Iain

Thanks, yes, it is English that I teach. Taught it for years. Sorry if it is not the Cambridge English you Eaton graduates are so used to.

Appreciate the response.

Thanks for the replies. I was told to move there before I left Phuket. Should have listened to my friends.

Heck, I heard the last TV party was great as well. I was one of the sponsors for the last one in Phuket but was too sick to attend.

If it means more of Buckwheat's ribs, then one more reason to move to CM.