can someone please confirm that the 30 day walk out walk in tourist visa is still free ? as i live only a couple of hours from the border and even though im married there is no point in me getting any other visa financially speaking is there ?

also i am going to lao to get a 90 day marriage visa on monday the 27th.can someone please confirm the date of the rise cos it seems a tad strange not starting the new fees at the start of the week or is this just a thai thing ?

thanks in advance for any replies.    :o

The 30 day entry without visa is still free if that is what you are talking about.  But then you say you are getting a 90 day visa on the 27th so am not sure what you are really talking about.

If you live near the border and don't mind the 90 day run, the multi entry non-immigrant class O visa valid for one year would be my choice.

The reason for the date of visa increase being odd, 26 August, is that it had to be at least 60 days after being published and they are starting the new fees ASAP rather than wait for a more natural time AFAIK.

edit to correct days thanks to the dr.

"what im talking about" is if the 30day visa is still free and with no attachments is there any point from a financial perspective of getting any other visa after the 26th.

before the 26th i.e the monday i spoke of the 25th (i think i might have wrongly put 27th) it is cheaper for me to get a 90 day marriage visa.i just wanted confirmation of the date because if it is monday they go up it will save me a trip into vientienne cos ill just come straight back.

hmm sounds to me you dont really know yourself.anyway will post any concrete info on tuesday when i return.couldnt really have picked a worse date to go really as it sounds to me after reading through the forum that as well as us farangs the thais dont really know much themselves about the new rules.