Degree

ZOVOX

I think it would be both

It's a basic requirement of the Ministry of Education. You won't get a contract without one. The school contract will satisfy Immigration who don't want to see you degree. Be sure you take photocopies of graduation certificate and teaching qualifications to your interview.

Roger

Yes, it's the MoE's general requirement (although as has been discussed many times before it is possible and pretty easy in the smaller provinces to get a TL and work permit without a degree, so you can indeed get a contract and be employed legally without one!) for you to have a basic Bachelors (or comparable) to get you a teachers licence and thus work permit. I don't think the Labor Department or Immigration are at all fussed if you don't have one, and for sure most schools are just happy to have a good, reliable teacher....whether you hold a degree or not is probably the least of their worries!

Edited by kenkannif

Depending on the teaching location mate.. Depends.. the English BOX in the Shop.. questionable. at the lower levels.. up country.. this is overlooked at times. but if your headed for the Universities.. THE DEGREE is needed. Teaching licenses.. at my last school, they took care of it for me.. :o