Where To Get Out Of Thailand?

mcgbilly

My wife was due out at 0215 this morning heading to S. Korea on Korean air, but when she got to the airport, PAD had it shut down. She is Thai. How the hel_l, do I get her out of there and to here? Are there international flights going out from Don Mueng? Chang Mai? Should I send her to Vientiene, or Penang by land, in order to get her here? her safety and presence here, is number 1, but will we lose the return half of the ticket if she leaves from outside Thailand? Need some help please!

Sir, thanks for your help, I noticed youv'e got a photo of Eienstien, but if you had read my mssg, she was headed for a return side of the ticket, to S. Korea. Also, I stated here. In other words, Yes, going to S. Korea, where I am. The number she has to call to Korea Airlines is off, because they evacuated the airport and they dont want to answer questions! . I see by tonights CNN News, Pad has FULL control of the airport and has stated they will not move untill the current PM is gone. I have internet access, but get limited info. She does not. Korean airlines will not call her. They have not yet. No, just sit back and wait, isn't cutting it. I am willing to send her to Vienteine, Chiang Mai, or Penang to get her out. Korean Airlines is not responding to my email, as of yet. No offense inteded, but I still need some help. Thanks.

I guess your right. I am stressed. I need my wife to come home. She wants to. We are somewhwhat newlyweds.(4 yrs, with alot of time with me at work away from her) Yes I am worried about her. Looks like like Thailand may be headed for civil war. Not a good thing! I just want her home. Thanks for your concern. Now, how to get her here? :D:o

JESUS......you sound very stressed....I really dont think there is much you can do right now....

chok dee krub.

I guess your right. I am stressed. I need my wife to come home. She wants to. We are somewhwhat newlyweds.(4 yrs, with alot of time with me at work away from her) Yes I am worried about her. Looks like like Thailand may be headed for civil war. Not a good thing! I just want her home. Thanks for your concern. Now, how to get her here? :D:o
JESUS......you sound very stressed....I really dont think there is much you can do right now....

chok dee krub.

First of all: No worry it is not dangerous (yet?) in Thailand.

Where is she located at the moment? Bangkok? Nord/south/east?

Don't worry. BKK is safe, as long as she stays away from demonstrations and such.

Korean Air should have a downtown office as well, not only at the airport. If she can't contact them, you contact the airline in Korea itself and discuss the options with them.

My wife was due out at 0215 this morning heading to S. Korea on Korean air, but when she got to the airport, PAD had it shut down. She is Thai. How the hel_l, do I get her out of there and to here? Are there international flights going out from Don Mueng? Chang Mai? Should I send her to Vientiene, or Penang by land, in order to get her here? her safety and presence here, is number 1, but will we lose the return half of the ticket if she leaves from outside Thailand? Need some help please!

Chiang mai int has flights in to Inchon int. I think it is Asiana that dose the service.

With all due respect to the original poster and his Thai wife, she probably understands this much better than he does. She is Thai, she is in Thailand, she knows enough about Thai politics. I will guess that KAL will honor the ticket as soon as the Thais allow Thais to leave Thailand on airplanes. Meanwhile, the wife may wish to tell her husband, mai bpen rai, etc.

If money is no object, then Chiang Mai is a good option. She can take the train up to CM and go to the airport. It may be a matter of throwing away her current ticket and buying a new one at CM International Airport.

You're going to see some people sitting tight, and some people doing what I just mentioned above. The situation may be crowded at CM and my advice would be to try booking both the train and air ticket ASAP before everyone realizes the situation at BKK is not going to change rapidly - it's shut down now indefinitely.

Good Luck - my family just finished our vacation there a month ago and I'm sure glad we're out now. Once the current batch of tourists leave via the remaining gateways, the tourist business is going to take a big hit in Thailand.

kenk3z

If money is no object, then Chiang Mai is a good option. She can take the train up to CM and go to the airport. It may be a matter of throwing away her current ticket and buying a new one at CM International Airport.

You're going to see some people sitting tight, and some people doing what I just mentioned above. The situation may be crowded at CM and my advice would be to try booking both the train and air ticket ASAP before everyone realizes the situation at BKK is not going to change rapidly - it's shut down now indefinitely.

Good Luck - my family just finished our vacation there a month ago and I'm sure glad we're out now. Once the current batch of tourists leave via the remaining gateways, the tourist business is going to take a big hit in Thailand.

kenk3z

A far as "s moneyey an object" The answer is no. Never has been with me or her. I am not rich, I am not independanatly wealthy. Barely comfortably, fanancially. I just want my Thai wife with me and safe, here in S. Korea. Just trying to get her here.

kenk3z

A far as "s moneyey an object" The answer is no. Never has been with me or her. I am not rich, I am not independanatly wealthy. Barely comfortably, fanancially. I just want my Thai wife with me and safe, here in S. Korea. Just trying to get her here.

Thanks for the help, Mr. Einstien, you ar a great help to the comunity!

Personally, I would sit tight, but if you REALLY want to do it don't expect it to be cheap.... Bangkok Airways U-Tapao to Samui/ Samui to Hong Kong and then whichever airline to Incheon.

You might save a little cash by using their Discovery Airpass.

As advised, sit tight, they are likely to leave the airport soon. Maybe 6pm tomorrow.

The best you can do is at least wotk out the exit to keep yourself busy.