When Will The Airport Open?

Spacer

Airport management has just come up with a winner for avoiding future such politically-motivated airport closures.

The below signs start going up at all main terminal entrances as soon as PAD clears out.... :o

post-21740-1227708575_thumb.jpg

Edited by toptuan

Airport management has just come up with a winner for avoiding future such politically-motivated airport closures.

The below signs start going up at all main terminal entrances as soon as PAD clears out.... :o

post-21740-1227708575_thumb.jpg

So toptuan did you make it past that point?

I wish it was a laughing matter but this disruption will cause many, many hardships for many people with kids the elderly, people with businesses who are relieing on tourist income. Will be left with a very bad feelings.

My heart goes out to you all.

please advise on ways to go home - my flight was scheduled saturday.

You could wait and see what happens .... or you can take a bus or train to Kuala Lumpur. Big international airport there. Depends on your schedule, finances, etc, but if your airline happens to fly out of KL to where you are going I would see a travel agent and try to get credit for your current flight. I suppose you could also just go to Hat Yai or Phuket and fly to KL or Singapore as well.

Is Don Mueng open? If it is, you could fly to Hat Yai or Phuket.

Edited by Jingthing

Nobody knows when the airport will open. I called Airports of Thailand hotline number and surprisingly enough someone answered but she did not know anything either, she said to call back tomorrow morning. AOT hotline number - 021321888

about time this is the first time sincelast night i have seen some usefull information ie the phone number not that its much use their has bin no helpfor people who are stranded i left for the airport last night from pattaya got within 1 killometre of the air port and was basicly forced to turn round by police the taxi gave me a choice bangkok or pattaya so i9 went back 2500 bht found a cheap room 500 and have sat in frount of the tv and my laptop tyed all thai airways numbers untill my money ran out i have enough money for 1 more night i am overstay 5 days and have to find the taxi fare bak to trhe airport basicly im fxxked but im sure that thir are many with similer circumstances as me their has been nohelp from any 1 dont no wat to do when to go to the airport wat a mess

yeah, contact the airline, but their offices are closed and will only reopen in the morning, I can't believe they don't put people to answer the phones, especially as their head office in europe is still open and able to make decisions. what a bunch of useless fuc_kers!

Edited by manarak

GLENNUI

DONT WORRY ABOUT TAXI IF U ARE SHORT OF MONEY

WHEN AIRPORT REOPENS GO TO NORTHERN BUS STATION IN PATTAYA

AND GO TO BELL COACHES---- ITS IN RIGHT HAND CORNER OF BUS STATION---- THEY WILL TAKE YOU DIRECT TO AIRPORT DEPARTURES FOR 150 BAHT

THE BUSES RUN EVERY TWO HOURS FROM 8 AM TO 6PM EVERY DAY AND TAKE ONE AND A HALF HOURS FOR THE JOURNEY ALMOST AS QUICK AS THE TAXI

My Eva air flight departing this evening from Heathrow to BKK has been cancelled...the next available flgiht to Bangers with EVA airways.....13th December!!!....great...saved up for 12 months, looked forward to it...meant to be meeting people from NZ for birthday celebrations.....all down the drain. Cant say that I'll be rushing back to Thailand anytime soon.....my sterling shall now be spent in Malaysia!

However, I do still have friends that are due to fly back to London ......does anybody have any idea when this might be resolved and the airport opened (yes, I know....how long is a piece of string)...

Jetstar have cancelled the flight from Melbourne to Bangkok today (Thursday)

I am due to fly in on Tuesday, they say they cannot guarantee me my flight and would be willing to re-route me to Phuket providing I pay my own expenses to get to Bangkok from there :o

. I

I am due to fly in on Tuesday, they say they cannot guarantee me my flight and would be willing to re-route me to Phuket providing I pay my own expenses to get to Bangkok from there :o

We're due to fly into BKK next Thursday on Emirates from Sydney. I'm guessing by then the airport may be open again. But Emirates in the meantime is flying on via Singapore instead of BKK, and I suppose I could take a flight to Phuket from there.

We'll just have to wait and see. I cannot see this airport occupation lasting forever.

Well Eva cancelled our flight yesterday but gave a full 100% refund no questions. Thai airways are apparently NOT issuing 100% refunds as yet, guess that about says it all. :o Gotta say we've been looking forward to this holiday for ages but at the moment it's looking like things are on hold. One thing is for sure thai airways will never get any of my money no matter how cheap they are ( which is never anyways).

You could wait and see what happens .... or you can take a bus or train to Kuala Lumpur. Big international airport there. Depends on your schedule, finances, etc, but if your airline happens to fly out of KL to where you are going I would see a travel agent and try to get credit for your current flight. I suppose you could also just go to Hat Yai or Phuket and fly to KL or Singapore as well.

Is Don Mueng open? If it is, you could fly to Hat Yai or Phuket.

Flights to KL & Sing. which originate in BKK are down as well. We're having a hel_l of a time getting out of Phuket and to Singapore. Original booking for 26th - cancelled, rebooked for next day (27th) - cancelled, now gave them a couple of days to sort this <deleted> out and have rebooked for Nov. 30. We'll see what happens.

I am scheduled to fly out at 1:30 am tonight on Korean Air. Had to call back to the States to get somebody who could speak English clearly enough to deal with the pickle we're in. After a while the airline (booked on Delta with KE operator) was able to keep my current reservation alive, just in case they open the airport today AND did a tentative rebooking for the next available flight...which is, unfortunately, not until Wednesday Dec 3. So barring a miracle, I'm going to miss 3 days of work next week...fortunately my wife's visa doesnt run out until December 8, otherwise we'd be screwed.

On the positive side, there's a nice looktung concert going on here in Ram 2 for the next few nights and I can transfer some dollars here for a nice rate. And that Singha Beer Garden is going on at Central, so I might as well suck down some draft suds...

Airport CONFIRMED closed till 18.00 hours BKK time NOVEMBER 28th. Once the airport opens it will take at least 5-7 days for things to return to normal. DMK airport is also closed till the same day/time.

Closure may last another few days. Some airlines have already landed/departed in UTP (Pattaya) today, more may follow. So far only Transaero (russian) has departed from there as far as I know. Normally they fly into BKK (Suv.)

I live and work(airline industry) in Bangkok and am supposed to fly back today. Will have to stay where I am. Not a problem because it is a great place and my visa for this country lasts another 5 months!!

The general consensus seems to be that JetStar will not be able to fly to Bangkok on Tuesday however when asked JetStar have refused to refund my flight so that I can make other arrangements.

JetStar's belligerence in dealing with this is staggering, they claim to be staging a flight to Bangkok Sunday however obviously they are living in a fools paradise.

If JetStar cannot fly me on Tuesday they have been kind enough to offer me a re-route to Phuket or a travel voucher for future travel with JetStar. If I choose the re-route option I will have to pay a flight change fee.

We will NEVER fly JetStar again, we would encourage others not to either.

Just been trying to find a way to get to a business meeting in India on Monday (fortunately Delhi and not Mumbai ... and we think we have problems!), No flights available from Phuket and even the trains to Penang and KL are fully booked till Wednesday.

Looks like any sensible route out is already booked by the unfortunate people who got caught at the airport.

When we were planning to set up our Asian operations we considered Bangkok, KL and Singapore as the location for the Head Office. Looks like we made the wrong choice ..... but like many businesses we'll need to consider moving the office in the new year if things don't improve.

Where in Thailand are you and where is home?

Overland to either Malaysia (bus or train) or Cambodia (bus/taxi) and then flights from there.

Cambodia's worth a visit if you have the time, and can fly from there to Singapore, Hong Kong etc

KL in Malaysia would have direct flights to many places outside the region

Not sure but I think some direct flights in and out of Penang?

"when will the airport open" very good question, but its not just a case of when the PAD allows it to be. According to reports, there is over 50m Bahts worth of damage inflicted on the terminal building. I would imagine that for the airline caterers they will have had a lot of spoilt food that will have to be replaced. All of this will probably take more than a few days to sort out, and as someone else has pointed out, it will take the airlines days to get back on schedule.

A right mess for sure

My Eva air flight departing this evening from Heathrow to BKK has been cancelled...the next available flgiht to Bangers with EVA airways.....13th December!!!....great...saved up for 12 months, looked forward to it...meant to be meeting people from NZ for birthday celebrations.....all down the drain. Cant say that I'll be rushing back to Thailand anytime soon.....my sterling shall now be spent in Malaysia!

However, I do still have friends that are due to fly back to London ......does anybody have any idea when this might be resolved and the airport opened (yes, I know....how long is a piece of string)...

This is the biggie which will perhaps never be overcome. Tourists have been messed around for the last couple of years with bar closures, closures for elections and pre elections, the coup, high inflation in Thailand (real not what the govt say), massively falling fx rates, rising airfares, etc. and just making Thailand not really a cheap place to visit anymore and not providing the service to justify the prices now charged.

Add in this latest fiasco and it will tip people over the edge. We will go to other destinations which are no so screwed up. If I didn't have family connections here I would be on the first plane out. The country is going to the dogs and I feel so sad because it is the rich and HiSo who are screwing the poor people over just as always.

Well Eva cancelled our flight yesterday but gave a full 100% refund no questions. Thai airways are apparently NOT issuing 100% refunds as yet, guess that about says it all. :o Gotta say we've been looking forward to this holiday for ages but at the moment it's looking like things are on hold. One thing is for sure thai airways will never get any of my money no matter how cheap they are ( which is never anyways).

I can believe that. Think only about the now and present and not about the fact that people wll no longer use the national airline even if they can be bothered to come to the tin pot country anymore.