A Good Bowl Of Ramen

realthaideal

All this politics stuff and the cooler weather has me craving a little Japanese comfort food. Anybody have a favorite place to go for a good size, tasty bowl of ramen on the cheap ? And several interesting varieties available too ? I ask for cheap, but I definitely don't mind paying a little more for some quality where you can taste the love in it, but it shouldn't be 120 B at Airport Plaza. There are so many more 'Japanese' hole-in-the-wall type places around now that somebody must have a new fav place.

Just up the road from Neimenheimen crossroads (with the Amari hotel) go towards Doi Suthep.... a few hundred meters opposite a thai market is an al fresco sushi restaurant (although now it has an indoors also)... They used to be relatively cheap and have varieties of ramen.. i havent been in a while.. further up the road if you turn left at the next lights is a hole in the wall sushi place. Or carry on straight up that road... just past the next set of lights, on the right.... are two other sushi restaurants which are very popular ie: queues...

as for whole in the wall places, there was one tucked away in a soi just up from thapae gate ... on the sunday market side...... go along and when you are level with the Tusker bar soi over the other side of the moat ( i think) its just on the left there. very very cheap.

Edited by SomNamNah