Turn Off The Power And Water!

hongkong88

Just a guess but I would imagine that something as important as national airport may have an electricity source independant of the of the national grid. Mind you, I would also not be surprised to find that no one has cut their main electricity supply either!!

Actually i read somewhere, I believe it was on Bangkokpost.com that PAD may consider shutting down the power and water for Bangkok..... Oh man, i hope that really doesn't happen, because if it does, I'm sure the serious cavalry will roll out and all hel_l will break loose!

The union is on PAD side. It is more likely that they shut down electriclity and water to Bangkok than shut down that at the airport.

I remember watching the news, showing an electric worker raising a hooked pole to disconnect the supply of electricity to parliment to stop a session last week. It was quite easy. The connectors of the 3 live wires is designed to be easily disconnected, I guess for safety reason, like if a branch fell on the wire.

Actually i read somewhere, I believe it was on Bangkokpost.com that PAD may consider shutting down the power and water for Bangkok..... Oh man, i hope that really doesn't happen, because if it does, I'm sure the serious cavalry will roll out and all hel_l will break loose!

The union is on PAD side. It is more likely that they shut down electriclity and water to Bangkok than shut down that at the airport.

I remember watching the news, showing an electric worker raising a hooked pole to disconnect the supply of electricity to parliment to stop a session last week. It was quite easy. The connectors of the 3 live wires is designed to be easily disconnected, I guess for safety reason, like if a branch fell on the wire.

This all goes alot deeper than the PAD as a group of people which explains really why all this goes on so curiously. enuf said.

I would guess that the reason is that the authorities would like to end this embarassing debacle amicably and peacefully.

Rather than some methods advocated by members of this forum that run right through the gamut up to and including a full on NBC assault. Funny how some people can cheerfully suggest such methods be deployed against civilians and in the next breath slag off the USA for breaches in human rights.

Rather than some methods advocated by members of this forum that run right through the gamut up to and including a full on NBC assault. Funny how some people can cheerfully suggest such methods be deployed against civilians and in the next breath slag off the USA for breaches in human rights.

Well, they`re the ones who put themselves in this situation and deserve all thats dished out to them.

i would have turned off the water and power immediately, installed heaters fromthe ceiling, put in big speakers in the ceiling and played loud "trance" music. i would have removed all the doors to the toilet stalls and main toilet room doors so the stench would come out, plus i would install fans in the ceiling that blow the bathroom stench into the main area. then i would have arrested them one by one as they came out and threw them in jail without one minute trials for each of them, jail sentences should be minimum one year.

the airport was not the place to stage a protest. international travelers had nothing to do with their problems. they have now ruined the thai tourist industry. they should be punished the way they punished the travelers, airlines, and thai tourist industry.

if the pad doesnt like the government, then go protest at some government executive building. block those entrances. the airport was a poor choice for sympathy.

there are criminals and thugs on both side of this issue. why are we to think the pad people are just innocent little grannies? whos says one group of crooks is better than another?

Edited by JerryO

i would have turned off the water and power immediately, installed heaters fromthe ceiling, put in big speakers in the ceiling and played loud "trance" music. i would have removed all the doors to the toilet stalls and main toilet room doors so the stench would come out, plus i would install fans in the ceiling that blow the bathroom stench into the main area. then i would have arrested them one by one as they came out and threw them in jail without one minute trials for each of them, jail sentences should be minimum one year.

the airport was not the place to stage a protest. international travelers had nothing to do with their problems. they have now ruined the thai tourist industry. they should be punished the way they punished the travelers, airlines, and thai tourist industry.

if the pad doesnt like the government, then go protest at some government executive building. block those entrances. the airport was a poor choice for sympathy.

there are criminals and thugs on both side of this issue. why are we to think the pad people are just innocent little grannies? whos says one group of crooks is better than another?

Cheers, you are right .... :o

Why are they allowed to have the essential to carry on their demonstrations?

I would only be guessing but I would say that they have the support of some very influential people.

The sun is setting on an institution and the other has overstepped their traditional boundaries...and we're all caught in the middle of it. If you read Thai history it will all make sense to you. Meanwhile, the poor remain uneducated either way.

Is`nt there an underage limit to be a member of T.V. ??

Free Red Cross Doctors / Nurses

24hr Police guard

Free Food

Toilet Trucks

Free Music & Entertainment

Their own Pillows & Teddy Bears from home

Free Transport

Don't forget the 1000 baht a day being paid to thousands of "pseudo-protesters," drifters from central Thailand, who only care about the money, not what they're doing to the nation's infrastructure.

Source: common knowledge among pissed-off Thai Bangkokians who are sick of this mess.

This all goes alot deeper than the PAD as a group of people which explains really why all this goes on so curiously. enuf said.

I agree with you 100%. I think things run a lot deeper than what us farangs are seeing on the surface.

I would only be guessing but I would say that they have the support of some very influential people.

I would venture to say that SUCH influential people, that if names were mentioned, you could find yourself in hot water. I have several Thai friends who won't mention ANY name in case some one would hear them and they would find their selves disappeared. I kid you not.

The sun is setting on an institution and the other has overstepped their traditional boundaries...and we're all caught in the middle of it. If you read Thai history it will all make sense to you. Meanwhile, the poor remain uneducated either way.

I couldn't agree more.

We are witnessing the end of an era, and the start of something new. No matter what happens from this point forward, I'm afraid two things are certain to remain constant: the corruption that's deeply embedded at every level of public service, and the fact that the poor will remain poor and uneducated.

I would guess that the reason is that the authorities would like to end this embarassing debacle amicably and peacefully.

saam naam naah