Protesters Look Set To Be Dispersed At 3 P.m.

BangkokBP

what wonders me is that since almost 1 1/2 hours the bigger agencies stopped to update their news. The whole day news swept in every 5 minutes even if they were mostly updated versions of previous articles. Now there's silence on yahoo news, Nation & Bangkok Post since almost 90 minutes. Something is going on and it's not free SomTum at Gate 2

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago ASTV1 still showed the video from Suvarnabhumi. No not anymore.

--

Maestro

Still reporting live from Suvarnabhumi at this moment.

Cheers

Sorry to say

There is more BS on here than the Thai news stations.

Can we have a news breaking only section in times like these.

There is so much not being reported.

Her are a few questions.

How many Pad are holed up in the airports.

Any airline information on how long this is going to take to get up and running once that airport is back in the airports hands.

Any damage to the control tower.

Any duty free left.

Simple i know but sound information would help get a better picture that some of these posts.

My wife is giving 2000-3000 Baht every time she is there, my staff 100-500 Baht.

A first you asking me, where PAD pay Demonstrators, because your wife and your staff need to know.

Now you are telling us, they are donating PAD.

What the hel_l u are smoking?

there is a box at government house full with money 20 Baht 100 Baht 1000 Baht.

And always people put money in. If I recall right I have a picture of it from the place before government house, I can send you if you want or instruct my staff to make a nice new picture.

H90.  You are so one eyed.  I agree this democraticly elected government may not be perfect but show me a government that is (eg. George Bush and chads).  That is how democracy works.  If you are not happy, try again at the next election.  Do you really support the PAD's agenda?  30% of politicans elected and 70% appointed by VIP's.  Would be really interested to hear your opinion on this.  We all know where they will come from.  Not too many north of Bangkok I would guess.  Wow.  That really is democracy as the D in PAD suggests.  

what wonders me is that since almost 1 1/2 hours the bigger agencies stopped to update their news. The whole day news swept in every 5 minutes even if they were mostly updated versions of previous articles. Now there's silence on yahoo news, Nation & Bangkok Post since almost 90 minutes. Something is going on and it's not free SomTum at Gate 2

Counting bodies perhaps? They'll get back to us with the total when they're done, don't worry.

We wouldn't want to make life uncomfortable for the terrorists now would we? The compassionate thing to do would be to allow their Issan maids in to launder their clothes!

Where are Terrorists in Thailand?

Sonkla, Yala, etc. Pretty much anywhere south of Hatyai.

BBC are reporting the PAD's supply lines to Suvarnabhumi have been effectively stopped by the police. If that's true and continues to hold true, it would seem unlikely they will be able to survive in there for very much longer.

Can't see how they could confirm that when Jonathan Head is still sipping G & T's on his 5* condo balcony ! that man should stop reading Clancy and report facts.

Jonathan Head hasnt been on duty all day. He must be having time

off because a Quentin Sommerville is doing all the reporting ( not as good as Jonathan Head)

Jonathan Head has been one of the most distinguished reporters on the current Thai political crisis.The insulting and ill educated posts on this thread about him simply reveal the boorish and ignorant nature of the authors.

I agree with Mrs. Head. I think that Jonathan does a fine job for the BBC, in fact he appears knowledgable. I think that we should all give head

a chance!

From TOC

Police Seek Court Approval to Remove Bail for PAD Leaders

UPDATE : 28 November 2008

The Metropolitan Police have filed a request to the prosecutor to cancel bail for the key members of the People's Alliance for Democracy, but the move was rejected as the reason for the request to revoke bail was not given.

Litigation Department Director-general Kayasit Pisawongprakarn revealed that the Metropolitan Police investigator filed a request with the prosecutor, seeking the cancellation of bail for the seven key members of the People's Alliance for Democracy or PAD. However, since the police did not include the reason why they are requesting the cancellation of bail and documents were not complete, the prosecutor asked them to submit the request again later.

The prosecutor will spend about a week reviewing the request before making its decision on it.

Key PAD members Chamlong Srimuang and Chaiwat Sinsuwong are not included in the request as their legal detention period is over and the court has allowed their release, pending the deliberation of their case.

The seven key PAD members are Sondhi Limthongkul, Pipob Thongchai, Somsak Kosaisuk, Somkiat Pongpaibul, Suriyasai Katasila, Amorn Amornrattananont, and Terdpoom Jaidee. They have been charged with an unconstitutional attempt to change the rule of law and to overthrown the government, inciting unrest and leading an armed gathering of more than ten to incite unrest.

The prosecutor is now deciding whether there is enough merit to file the case with the court and will deliver its decision on January 21, 2009.

Counting bodies perhaps? They'll get back to us with the total when they're done, don't worry.

You seem almost anxious to see bloodshed. A little disturbing really. Had they taken the airport with hand grenades and machine guns, then they would deserve a swift and bloody end. But they have taken an entirely different approach. These are human lives we're talking about. Perhaps you've forgotten the human trait of empathy, conducting all your work and communication in front of a computer screen.

You seem almost anxious to see bloodshed. A little disturbing really. Had they taken the airport with hand grenades and machine guns, then they would deserve a swift and bloody end. But they have taken an entirely different approach. These are human lives we're talking about. Perhaps you've forgotten the human trait of empathy, conducting all your work and communication in front of a computer screen.

Seems certain parties here have already dehumanized PAD to terrorists and muppets,

so they don't have the same human rights. That's the short route to civil war:

Dehumanize your opponent, then it's easy to not care for their deaths or injuries.

Working fine in Mumbai this week it seems.

Funny I just can't compare PAD's actions here to

REAL FEKIN' TERRORISTS in Mumbia the last 24 hours.

Edited by animatic

Seems a certain parties here have already dehumanized PAD to terrorists and muppets,

so they don't have the same human rights. That's the short route to civil war:

Dehumanize your opponent then it's easy to not care for their deaths.

Working fine in Mumbai this week it seems.

Their initial intentions were good but past month made violent thugs out of them. You do not hi-jack busses, trucks and airports. You do not equip yourself with armed guards, you do not threaten people having other ideas & ideals. You do not ask for dictatorship and you do not question other peoples rights to be equal and therefore having the same right to decide what you want for your country and what not. At least not where I come from.

It's not always easy to accept that other are in charge when it feels painful in your own pockets. But to overthrow an elected government with unlawful and undemocratic means is not the way. What happens when the so-called opposition comes to power. Then we have the same game only with red shirts. This must have an end and as much as I oppose PPP I fully understand that a government can't step down because a few bitter old men stage a riot and ask for violence & military intervention.

Lock Sondhi & Chamlong away for the next decades, fire the army generals and then ask all opposition parties to join the government for an interim period to cool things down together. Then you might have a chance to get new elections with an outcome that doesn't suck. PAD has f**ked this wonderful country long enough for reason which are not for the Thai but for some narrow minded elite. This protest does not serve this country. I do not want bloodshed, I want an end and so far it's the PAD who denies it. The PPP did not block the airports, or did I got something wrong???

Their initial intentions were good but past month made violent thugs out of them. You do not hi-jack busses, trucks and airports. You do not equip yourself with armed guards, you do not threaten people having other ideas & ideals.

Thugs for having armed guards? Has it escaped your notice that people have been throwing grenades and shooting at them? Ideals, such as a corruption-free government?

Could we have a update from you guys in Thailand??

Whats happening????

It's worryingly quiet from the media. I have not seen any coverage from the "frontlines" at all but I don't have much choice when it comes to TV selection.

Anyone else who seen anything?

/bbp

Still reporting live from Suvarnabhumi at this moment.

Yes, now I see it back, or perhaps it was always there but when Sondhi was on stage in the right video the title above the left video no longer read "Suvarnabhumi" (in Thai), if I saw that right.

post-21260-1227887797_thumb.jpg

--

Maestro

Thai police warn airport protesters to leave immediately

by Boonradom Chitradon Boonradom Chitradon – 6 mins ago

BANGKOK (AFP) – Thai police on Friday ordered protesters to immediately leave one of Bangkok's besieged airports, as anti-government leaders rejected last-ditch attempts to negotiate an end to the crisis.

A police officer at the domestic Don Mueang airport, which was seized late Wednesday, read out an order to demonstrators a day after Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat declared a state of emergency .

"All protesters must... leave the rally site otherwise law enforcement officers will carry out appropriate and necessary measures to solve the situation," the order said.

As fears of bloody clashes escalated, the founder of the protest movement rejected a personal plea from the premier to hold talks to end the occupation of Don Mueang and Suvarnabhumi international airport.

"Today the prime minister contacted me on the telephone to negotiate. There are no talks," Sondhi Limthongkul told supporters at Don Mueang, insisting that he was not afraid of a police crackdown.

...I really do not know how to sympathize with PAD . They don't give a sh*t about all the good people still thinking they are at the airports for a good reason and will most likely suffer very soon.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081128/wl_af...st_081128154634

Their initial intentions were good but past month made violent thugs out of them.

You people are hilarious- their initial intentions were to rid the country of Thaksin and everything he represented- they are close to having accomplished that goal - from the first cry of Thaksin awk bie- you should have understood that these people had NO respect for law- constitutional or othewise- or they would have been not demanding that Thaksin leave- but rather that justice be served- and according to the law at the time- PM's leave when they are ordered to leave by constitutionally mandated entities- not by mobs.

Why couldn't you see then that the intentions would lead to this?

The last few months made thugs of them. Or as somebody else said- the attacks on their encampments made them crazy- for christ's sake they are no different from the day they took the stage demanding Thaksin get out.

It's like saying- but ma- the horse was tamed when I saddled him. No it wasn't- it was wild then- and it is still wild- and if you were too naive to understand that at the time- to try to say the horse changed- you got suckered.

Why can't you people admit that you were duped? In your totally justified hatred for Thaksin you alligned yourselves with the people who you now call thugs and crazies. Live---- and LEARN!

Edited by blaze

Their initial intentions were good but past month made violent thugs out of them. You do not hi-jack busses, trucks and airports. You do not equip yourself with armed guards, you do not threaten people having other ideas & ideals.

Thugs for having armed guards? Has it escaped your notice that people have been throwing grenades and shooting at them? Ideals, such as a corruption-free government?

The armed guards were there from day one at the government house. The grenades came much later. And please correct me but the first one shot was a red shirt as far as I remember and the shooter was a yellow shirt guarding the non-violent peaceful protesters.

Yes I have ideals and the most important one is "Rule of Law". And this counts for both, the corrupt ones and the ones who think to wear a yellow shirt makes them standing on top of each law.

Thai police warn airport protesters to leave immediately

by Boonradom Chitradon Boonradom Chitradon – 6 mins ago

BANGKOK (AFP) – Thai police on Friday ordered protesters to immediately leave one of Bangkok's besieged airports, as anti-government leaders rejected last-ditch attempts to negotiate an end to the crisis.

A police officer at the domestic Don Mueang airport, which was seized late Wednesday, read out an order to demonstrators a day after Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat declared a state of emergency .

"All protesters must... leave the rally site otherwise law enforcement officers will carry out appropriate and necessary measures to solve the situation," the order said.

As fears of bloody clashes escalated, the founder of the protest movement rejected a personal plea from the premier to hold talks to end the occupation of Don Mueang and Suvarnabhumi international airport.

"Today the prime minister contacted me on the telephone to negotiate. There are no talks," Sondhi Limthongkul told supporters at Don Mueang, insisting that he was not afraid of a police crackdown.

...I really do not know how to sympathize with PAD . They don't give a sh*t about all the good people still thinking they are at the airports for a good reason and will most likely suffer very soon.

How many times per day are we going to here that and still nothing is done.

The PAD leaders clearly said they are not interested in negotiating about anything...

Let's hope something is done tonight, but I really start to doubt...