Protesters Look Set To Be Dispersed At 3 P.m.

BangkokBP

Looks like they might be expediting the PPP Dissolution :

Final closing arguments Dec 2nd, no dragging out 36

windy exec's speeches under questioning.

The could just turn and dissolve them same or next day. Easy enough.

No reason not to. Only need to type up the additions to an obviously

mostly already drafted judicial opinion after defendant speeches.

Argue in morning come back for 3 pm reading. By 6pm cabinet is 86'd

By 8pm PAD is packing to leave airports.

Boom! Early Bday present, and it avoids attempts of planned

Dec 8th and 9th legislative judicial coup. ASEAN party is up in the air anyway.

In any case some one will be in charge. Caretaker cabinet greets delegates.

Makes basic deals in principle, but signs papers at later date.

I got told 13 or 15 is the day for dissolution.

8 or 9 is a joint house meeting planned (so that's the last chance for constitution changes).

I'd call that a proposed date.

I suspect current events can speed the plow if needs be....

(edited to add quotes added 'after / but during' quoting by h90)

Edited by animatic

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Somchai resigns then the PAD have won. Then when they dont like something/someone in the next government they will throw the country back in to chaos and do this all over again because they know they would be above the law!

yes and than politician will learn that they are ousted if the abuse power or being very corrupt.

So i guess the PAD are the government in effect.

If they win then they are above the government.

If the next gov do anything wrong, PAD say who goes and who stays.

If they don't agree with next PM's views, PAD wins every time.

If it means ruining their own countries economy and tourist industry for many years to come then they will do whatever it takes.

The PAD think they are above the law and to me thats very worrying

I do believe you have the time line about right....Dec 15 used to be the old date prior to the escalation on Friday....

When that ruling comes down, the PAD will filter away.....

Reports now coming from Hong Kong, Thaskin is presently taking charge, directly, while his Brother-in-law is currently playing golf in Chang Mai....Thaskin is having a bit of a time with his old friend and classmate who now head the police....

If Somchai resigns then the PAD have won. Then when they dont like something/someone in the next government they will throw the country back in to chaos and do this all over again because they know they would be above the law!

yes and than politician will learn that they are ousted if the abuse power or being very corrupt.

So i guess the PAD are the government in effect.

If they win then they are above the government.

If they don't agree with next PM's views, PAD wins every time.

If it means ruining their own countries economy and tourist industry for many years to come then they will do whatever it takes.

The PAD think they are above the law and to me thats very worrying

I hope so. They told pretty clear that they will do so.

If you recall they let Samak some time to show if he is doing an honest job or not.

No chance that they can mobilize masses because one Minister took 5 % corruption on a megaproject.

But with massive abuse of power, killing people, massive corruption and fraudulent elections they will be on the streets again, no doubt.

Chamlong is doing that already the third time.

Chamlong says crisis will end before Dec 5

Chamlong Srimaung, a co-leader of the People's Alliance for Democracy, said Saturday that the political crisis would end before Friday.

He said he was willing to hold talk with Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat anywhere except Chiang Mai because it is too far away.

The nation

PAD guards detain policeman

Guards of the People's Alliance for Democracy detained a police senior sergeant major Saturday morning.

Pol Senior Sgt Maj Sompop Nathee, an officer from the Border Patrol Police Region 1 was arrested when he rode a motorcycle to a scene where police crashed with protesters at a police checkpoint on Kingkaew Road.

Sompop was taken to be questioned by Samran Rodphet, a leader of the PAD.

Samran ordered the guards to continue to detain the police officer after the questioning.

Sompop told Samran tht he happed to drive his car past the Kingkaew checkpoint when the clash occurred and he was forced to retreat along with other policemen.

He later decided to ride a taxi motorcycle to the spot to retrieve his car but found that it had been damaged by the protesters. He was captured by the PAD guards at the spot.

When PAD guards took him to Samran inside the Suvarnabhumi Airport, reporters and photographers tried to follow him to interview and take photos but the guards and other protesters booed at the newsmen and did not allow them to follow the guards.

The nation

Edited by BangkokBP

Tiger Airway is confident that everything will be OK soon.

I was just offered a seat on the flight tomorrow morning. The girl was not amused when I laughed and informed her that there had been shooting there in there previous 2 hours, and that other airlines were not accepting bookings before Dec 6, in line with the advise of a number of embassies.

I was just offered a seat on the flight tomorrow morning. The girl was not amused when I laughed and informed her that there had been shooting there in there previous 2 hours, and that other airlines were not accepting bookings before Dec 6, in line with the advise of a number of embassies.

What airport does Tiger fly from?

What airport does Tiger fly from?

Swampypoon. (and Phuket, but they can not offer flight from there until Wednesday, my phone dropped out as I said I would take the seat and I have not been able to back on to them since. :o )

This is crazy, the poor police woman in this article. This is definately not a peaceful protest. Absolutely disgusting:

"With her shaking voice, the policewoman asked the protesters to return home now as they could no longer stay there. She also apologised to them, saying she did not intend to inside the rally ground.

While she was being taken out of the airport, many angry protesters threw water into her face and many tried to hit her.

The guards had to shield her from attacks.

Many protesters took her picture and hurled abuses at her.

She was taken to a taxi and allowed to leave."

Continues here : www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/read.php?newsid=30089757

most of the military are behind PAD and that is why PAD dare do this

the last military coup was ended by the generals and they agreed to new elections only because they thought the democrats would win

the PPP in fact won the last elections and are currently the elected government of thailand

the army refuses to support PPP and even threatens another coup

now the army is behind proceedings to ban and dissolve PPP via the courts

there is also talk of changing the constitution so that future elections will be tilted towards the democrats

the police are afraid to use force because of the military

the PPP and its supporters will react violently if there is an attempted military coup

most of the military detest thaksin

if the PPP come through this they will surely purge the military and many generals fear this

it seems to me that the military are the real problem in thailand and they in fact want to install their very own puppet government

the last military coup was ended by the generals and they agreed to new elections only because they thought the democrats would win

the PPP in fact won the last elections and are currently the elected government of thailand

there is also talk of changing the constitution so that future elections will be tilted towards the democrats

the PPP and its supporters will react violently if there is an attempted military coup

if the PPP come through this they will surely purge the military and many generals fear this

it seems to me that the military are the real problem in thailand and they in fact want to install their very own puppet government

Yes and that is why next week they will all be looking for new jobs after being found guilty of corruption.

Not True...The military does not control the courts....it was HRM that reminded the courts some months ago that they are the last hope of the citizens, and they must do what is right, and withing the law. It was unheard of prior to this time, when Pojamans cousin (and attorney) along with 3 other of his staff were summarily put in prison for "Contempt of Court" for trying to pass off a candy box containing 2,000,000b just prior to Pojamans trial. They will be out on Dec 25.

To the contrary, this whole protest that is currently disrupting the airports came about because the PPP trying to change the constitution to allow the TRT party back into play and get rid of the 5 year penalty for being found guilty of political corruption.

Until the courts have finished with the PPP no side is going to risk being on the wrong side. Both will sit this out.

The PAD protest peacefully, the PPP react violently

Nice try at spin....and I am sure who ever you work for appreciates your efforts, but your "facts" just do not pass the smell test.

Lets hope we get some "honest" politiians then. :o

PAD guards detain policeman

Guards of the People's Alliance for Democracy detained a police senior sergeant major Saturday morning.

Pol Senior Sgt Maj Sompop Nathee, an officer from the Border Patrol Police Region 1 was arrested when he rode a motorcycle to a scene where police crashed with protesters at a police checkpoint on Kingkaew Road.

Sompop was taken to be questioned by Samran Rodphet, a leader of the PAD.

Samran ordered the guards to continue to detain the police officer after the questioning.

Sompop told Samran tht he happed to drive his car past the Kingkaew checkpoint when the clash occurred and he was forced to retreat along with other policemen.

He later decided to ride a taxi motorcycle to the spot to retrieve his car but found that it had been damaged by the protesters. He was captured by the PAD guards at the spot.

When PAD guards took him to Samran inside the Suvarnabhumi Airport, reporters and photographers tried to follow him to interview and take photos but the guards and other protesters booed at the newsmen and did not allow them to follow the guards.

The nation

Hope he didn't try to bribe them with b500, they would frown on that :o

Yes and that is why next week they will all be looking for new jobs after being found guilty of corruption.

Not True...The military does not control the courts....it was HRM that reminded the courts some months ago that they are the last hope of the citizens, and they must do what is right, and withing the law. It was unheard of prior to this time, when Pojamans cousin (and attorney) along with 3 other of his staff were summarily put in prison for "Contempt of Court" for trying to pass off a candy box containing 2,000,000b just prior to Pojamans trial. They will be out on Dec 25.

To the contrary, this whole protest that is currently disrupting the airports came about because the PPP trying to change the constitution to allow the TRT party back into play and get rid of the 5 year penalty for being found guilty of political corruption.

Until the courts have finished with the PPP no side is going to risk being on the wrong side. Both will sit this out.

The PAD protest peacefully, the PPP react violently

Nice try at spin....and I am sure who ever you work for appreciates your efforts, but your "facts" just do not pass the smell test.

i don’t work for anyone and i have my own point of view

you are obviously a PAD and have your own point of view

the military is supposed to be accountable to the elected government and they are not because they want to control the country - its just plain obvious

Corruption and so forth can be dealt with via courts, there are procedures already in place

yes the courts should support the citizens and the courts have decreed that the PAD occupation of the airports is illigal and they should move out immediately

the protest now is because the PAD want power and the military support them

PAD are not peaceful

call it spin if you like, i call it opinion and its not just mine, most thais and the vast majority of the international community are sick of you guys

I believe The X prime minister was prosercuted for useing a cooking show as a vehilce to communicate with his voters, and getting paid to boot.

Now: will the protesters- that cost the country trillions, by their airport closure (also being paid -I read on this forum) --be prosercuted as well??

Yeah right........!

The problem is this country is the corrupt police force and the goverment-mafia!

ideally that's what will happen.

what follows is important or the cycle will continue.

I do believe you have the time line about right....Dec 15 used to be the old date prior to the escalation on Friday....

When that ruling comes down, the PAD will filter away.....

Reports now coming from Hong Kong, Thaskin is presently taking charge, directly,

while his Brother-in-law is currently playing golf in Chang Mai....

Thaskin is having a bit of a time with his old friend and classmate who now head the police....

I kept seeing this phrase agian and again today,

Like Nero fiddling while Rome burns....

Looks like he finally got a suitable puppet in the job, from tonights reports...

that sums it up and tell it like it is.

worthwhile is also a close or deeper look at the recent changes in the appearance of the PAD warriors. not just only those southerner beach boy lowlifes. thugs and teenage rowdies.

more and more special commando fighter, dressed in black, hide behind black masks. some army or special forces units allready joined them.

but maybe that wasn't really planned but the PAD needs reinforcement, real volunteers don't show up anymore. exept those grannies the PAD trucks collected in the villages in the south.

what we saw until today was just a puppet theater. all scam artist on the PAD stage, henchmen and illusionist chamlong.

disgusting cowards- the military.

but this time they will face resistance from the people have nothing to lose. and not all parts of the army support dictatorship. sad, the real fight for democracy can be real bloddy and tragic. i wish them that they can finished this spook, the organiser in the background exposed and a long life to general chamlong, so that he can enjoy his jail time and see that the thais finally learn the truth about him.

The whole world and a larger chunk of Thai people now fully understand what other word can be substituted for Army in your otherwise spot on scenario.

Yeah right........!

The problem is this country is the corrupt police force and the goverment-mafia!

You're both wrong. The real problem, when you get down to the very core, is THE PEOPLE. This whole culture of "respecting authority", "save face", and "elders" has created years and years of repressed anger and discontent among the general population where we're taught to turn a blind eye to any political/social wrong-doing for fear of coming across as "rude" and "impolite". If your average Thai were as outspoken and obnoxious as your average American, we wouldn't be here in the first place.

Am I saying this is a bad thing? Not necessarily. There are advantages and disadvantages to every culture. What's important, and what's remembered, is how that culture deals with situations. The same goes for individuals. Society doesn't judge a person based on WHY they're bad. Society only remembers the bad things the person has done. Example: How many times have you asked yourself why Hitler became who he was?

And right now the PAD's actions have overshadowed any wrong-doing that could've been attributed to Thaksin. To both red and yellow shirts, I ask you this: How do you think your actions will be remembered?

We're all in this together. Don't let them these sanctimonious bastards and corrupt politicians tear us apart.

In the end it all boils down to American money supporting some extremists in power, effectively distorting the democratic process for many years to come...lets see where did we see that before...ah yes, Iran.

And the award for most random, generic post goes to....

In the end it all boils down to American money supporting some extremists in power, effectively distorting the democratic process for many years to come...lets see where did we see that before...ah yes, Iran.

the idiots in the peanut gallery that blame earth quakes, floods and the parting of the seas on the great evil world doer USA . what a joke

the idiots in the peanut gallery that blame earth quakes, floods and the parting of the seas on the great evil world doer USA . what a joke

:o It's easy and doesn't tax the memory! :D