How?

Niloc

I am running Ubuntu 8.10, I installed an applucation and it says ' Place a shortcut on your desktop with /usr/bin/CastPodder as the binary executable.

For a desktop icon use the CastPodder.png in /opt/CastPodder'. How do I get the application to start??

How do I do these simple sounding tasks??

Colin

I apologise in advance if you have tried this, but what happens if you right click on the desktop and use the drop-down menu to browse to the application?

Also, what happens if you open a terminal and enter '/usr/bin/CastPodder' (without the ' ' , and then press the return/enter key)? Does the app start?

Be careful with capital letters, Linux systems are generally case sensitive so CastPodder, castPodder and castpodder would be three totally different things for example.

Ypur apology is accepted, I had tried this and all I can do is 'create Folder, Launcher or Document', I tried 'Launcher', filled in the choices, it created an icon on the desktop but all it does is say 'no such file or directory'...

Oops, I just found out the name has been changed to 'IcePodder', so I changed it in the 'Properties' and away it went!!

Thank you for your help, you are correct, I am a clown!!

p.s, Why do they call it a 'shortcut' when it is a 'Launcher'?? I just read the 'INSTALL' file and it is 2005 so it is 3 years old...

Colin