Copper Pipe Suppliers In Chian Mai

keithkarmann

Does anybody know where I can buy some 15mm copper pipe in Chiang Mai? would be great if I could also get some push fit connectors for the pipe as well.It is for hot water and I do not want to drill a large hole in the wall for the blue plastic pipe which is probably not suitable for very hot water.

keithkarmann

Does anybody know where I can buy some 15mm copper pipe in Chiang Mai? would be great if I could also get some push fit connectors for the pipe as well.It is for hot water and I do not want to drill a large hole in the wall for the blue plastic pipe which is probably not suitable for very hot water.

keithkarmann

There is only one shop in CM that I know of that has it and I do not know the directions to get there. They have all of the fittings as well. There is however only one tin of acid based solder flux for doing the joints in Thailand, I brought it back with me from the US last trip after trying to solder joints without it last year when doing my hot water system. Also we could not find the small hand held torches that are used to heat the joints. Be sure to get the heavy wall as it is about the same as the thin wall sold in western countries. Hope someone else is of more help.

I found it in Home Pro, I paid per meter (the price is included installation and connect to the boiler), but pvc blue pipe for cold water you have to do it yourself or ask other worker. For only copper pipe I can buy in another shop too but for connection to the boiler I choosed to ask people who expert about it(I bought a boiler from Home Pro, so I ask their worker to do also for copper pipe) and with garantee 6 months or one year long (I am not sure).

Lots of places carry copper pipe - I don't know about getting good solder flux...

I think that 15mm is small enough that it comes in large rolls and you can buy small amounts cut from the large roll. Larger pipe generally must be purchased in 3 meter lengths...

One place that carries it, and has end caps, AND has someone who speaks English, is a shop on SuperHighway.

If you are going east on SuperHighway (with Huey Keow behind you, and Carrefoure way in front of you), there is a small shop just before the Chang Phuak intersection.

The shop is in a row of shops, and has big rolls of black pipe in front (maybe the black pipe is at the shop next door), and long lengths of copper pipe lying along the front of the shop.

So, if you are going along SuperHighway, the shop is on the north side, just before (just west of) the Chang Phuak intersection (maybe 50-100 meters before). If you see the Chiang Mai Computer center way on the other side of the highway, then you are within meters of it!

There is also an big important shop that carries hard to find sizes and materials, and they have copper pipe too, but no end caps. That shop is on Chang Phuak road, about half-way between SuperHighway and the Chang Phuak Gate (on the moat). It is on the east side, and looks like any steel shop - big racks of material, etc. The shop is sort of situated alone - not any other shops right beside it. I bought some thick-walled 1 3/8 inch (30-something millimeters!) copper pipe from them (they sell copper by weight). Then I went to the other shop to get my end caps

Good luck, and let us know if you find any good flux...

Thanks everybody especially WJmark the plumbing is done. Got all the copper from the shop opposite the computer center on the Super Highway.Even bought a very expensive brazing torch and brazed all the connections with the flux and brazing sticks supplied.

Now not only are we the only house in the mooban with hot water in the kitchen we are the only house anywhere with hot water outside the kitchen (the things we do for our wives).

keithkarmann