Suvarnabhumi PAD Protest Continues

Jai Dee

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even the most devout PAD supporter has had time to remove the rose colored glasses and take a look what is actually going on around them. Hard to justify kidnapping a police officer on live television. The misguided human shields who are being willingly held by the PAD domestic terrorist division are in harm’s way with the direct approval of PAD supporters here on TV. The romantic notion of a people’s revolution ringing in their ears while safely ensconced behind their computer in the safety of their home. All pretty sickening really. Ruining the economy and holding transportation hubs cannot be reconciled.

It doesn’t matter who you blame or why. The terrorist tactics employed by the PAD include whipping up popular support for the movement are classic and are working on the simple minds of the masses. The physiological component foisted on the easily deceived clearly is working. I hope after this is all over the zealots here can reflect on their thoughts and writings. Only through critical analysis will those who were so easily manipulated learn from the experience and not be so easily fooled next time by popular rhetoric from a terrorist organization.

Good luck!

It is impossible to have a coherent discussion about the current events in this forum or any other public space. I hope the following short article from notthenation.com will inspire some posters to stop arguing about issues when some of the main components cannot even be mentioned. At least I hope it will make a few people out there smile. Cheers :o

Third Hand Seen Shaking Invisible Hand

BANGKOK – Newspapers in Thailand are reporting that a third hand was spotted firmly shaking the invisible hand last night.

The high-profile meeting of hands came at an Italian restaurant on Sukhumvit during a dinner hosted by top military brass.

At the end of the dinner, the mysterious invisible hand reportedly reached over the table and grasped an unidentified third hand.

We have no clue what this all means but we are reporting it anyway.

notthenation.com

It's a parody.

Jing ror? :D

Reality or parody! Could something as big as this happen without endorsement from an invisible hand?

The foreign press "gets it", and I really don't see why some people in Thailand don't "get it", especially the foreigners.

Last week's clash with yellow-arm-banded PAD people calculatedly pointing and shooting weapons directly into the melee in the street

Yes, it was a melee, the reds tried to ambush PAD trucks loaded with their guards and got comeuppance.

YH, your ideological stand has completely blinded you, just like it did with our late Colonel. Have you conveniently forgotten one VERY memorable Udon rally? Have you chosen to consciously ERASE that from your memory.

plus, you repeated it again and again and had to be corrected. PAD try to ambush and break into a radio station.

that the RED throw the first stones was reported shortly after but later corrected and what really occurred i told you too.

how about to save some memory for that.

As for Vibhavadi clash yesterday - there are reports that PAD convoy was ambushed and iron bars were thrown at the vehicles. Pity those who got caught by the pissed off PAD guards, they are not likely to check for fingerprints.

NO, forget it. that was just the first kneejerk style of apologizing what happend.

it was an ambush planned by the PAD. try to break into a taxi radio station. read here.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=132291

People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) protesters on Tuesday evening clashed with a group of pro-government taxi drivers on Vibhavadi Road, which left at least 11 injured. Two of the taxi drivers suffered gunshot wounds.

According to the police, the PAD demonstrators attempted to break into the Khon Rak Taxi (Taxi Lovers) radio station on Vibhavadi Road, Soi 3, but a group of taxi drivers prevented them. As a result, both sides exchanged blows and threw things at each other until more than 60 policemen arrived to settle the situation.

did you see in the video?

watch here again

did you see how PAD fired with guns from the loudspeaker truck? that is attempted murder. did you see how they destroyed the moto bike?did you see all those gangsters in rage there with clubs on the street? how they confront the camera man, stop him to do his filming? how they catch one moto cyce taxi driver and hold a long knife on his throat? another case of scum action from the violent and armed PAD thugs. how sick one must be trying to justify this? sick and disgusting. PAD are SCUM. puke on them.

no pity with them if they have to face police force.

and what happen in Chiang Mai, i ask a couple of times, if someone have reports about it and can gave me a link to it. keep in mind that it wouldn't be the first time that updates show incidents in an other light then the first reports suggested.

These PAD thugs have said they will not negotiate so there will be no peaceful resolution. Violence is a certainty and you know it, yet you're in denial. They've already stated that they will not back down and prefer to die in this struggle to achieve their goal. It's pretty obvious there are only 2 choices here. Give in to the PAD thugs, or suffer a violent struggle.

Tropo, before you overheat too much and do yourself some damage, step back a second and ask yourself if the grenades hurled into the PAD assembly at Government House early this morning were hurled by "PAD thugs".

If you draw up a score sheet of acts of thuggish violence committed by either side, who's the winner by a country mile?

Violent actions and violent speech are the first resort of the ignorant and the last resort of those under attack.

We know the DAAD and other anti-PAD forces like violence. It's a reflection of their view of how the world should be run.

That's a joke right?

Some of you peoples seem to forget that movements like DAAD and UDD are simply a response to all the illegal acts and complete disrespect of PAD for a big percentage of thai peoples these last months.

For reasons that we are not allowed to discuss here, the police refuses to do their job. Understand that their would be no reds if the PAD didn't started all that mess. Calling a all part of the country stupid and to ignorant to vote is incredibly pretentious and disrespectful.

I am not pro-government and Somchai has proven theses last few days his complete uselessness to manage this situation. On the other hand I fully understand all these pro governments supporters throwing grenades at PAD protesters because of all the humiliation they have to endure everyday.

Just open your eyes and stop justifying every action of PAD...They are the ones abusing power...I'm not going to enumerate one more time all the crimes they commited. DAAD, UDD is a reflection. If the police would do their job, their wouldn't be any attacks on PAD and the airports would be cleared by now.

Peace usually can be achieved without violence. War-loving is the worst fantasy world of all. Almost one third of all humans now live in more-or-less free nations that achieved their independence since 1945, without war. I know that sometimes violence is certain because for many people, violence is the only language they speak, and they are in denial.

I'll have to disagree with you on that. It would be more accurate to say "peace can occassionally be achieved without violence". Most nations are as they are now as a result of war over the last couple hundred years. I think you're living in some kind of Peter Pan fantasy world. At least that's the impression I always get when I see your avatar. :o

Most free nations consider it necessary to build and maintain substantial armed forces to maintain peace. There are always fanatical aggressors out there who cannot be negotiated with. PAD are one good example.

I am not pro-government and Somchai has proven theses last few days his complete uselessness to manage this situation. On the other hand I fully understand all these pro governments supporters throwing grenades at PAD protesters because of all the humiliation they have to endure everyday.

So if the government supporters feel "humiliated" it's OK for them to throw grenades?

These PAD thugs have said they will not negotiate so there will be no peaceful resolution. Violence is a certainty and you know it, yet you're in denial. They've already stated that they will not back down and prefer to die in this struggle to achieve their goal. It's pretty obvious there are only 2 choices here. Give in to the PAD thugs, or suffer a violent struggle.

Tropo, before you overheat too much and do yourself some damage, step back a second and ask yourself if the grenades hurled into the PAD assembly at Government House early this morning were hurled by "PAD thugs". If you draw up a score sheet of acts of thuggish violence committed by either side, who's the winner by a country mile? Violent actions and violent speech are the first resort of the ignorant and the last resort of those under attack. We know the DAAD and other anti-PAD forces like violence. It's a reflection of their view of how the world should be run.

It's nice of you to be concerned about my health, but really, don't worry, I'm quite relaxed.

Sure, PAD are not the only thugs on the block, but they are the causitive factor here. In this thread I'm discussing the Airport closure by PAD. I never even got into this debate when they were protesting at Government House. It was a minor concern in comparison.

Peace usually can be achieved without violence. War-loving is the worst fantasy world of all. Almost one third of all humans now live in more-or-less free nations that achieved their independence since 1945, without war. I know that sometimes violence is certain because for many people, violence is the only language they speak, and they are in denial.

I'll have to disagree with you on that. It would be more accurate to say "peace can occassionally be achieved without violence". Most nations are as they are now as a result of war over the last couple hundred years. I think you're living in some kind of Peter Pan fantasy world. At least that's the impression I always get when I see your avatar. :o

Most free nations consider it necessary to build and maintain substantial armed forces to maintain peace. There are always fanatical aggressors out there who cannot be negotiated with. PAD are one good example.

There's not much to negotiate is there! Thaksin's puppet government has to step down!

And the man himself will have to go to prison! He's a thief and has stolen billions of the hard-working people of this country.

A statement that the PAD are fanatical aggressors is ridiculous considering the bomb attacks, police violence and infitrations and public lynching they have endured over the last months.

Democracy Threatened at Bangkok International Airport

(not allowed to post URL, just search for article in Google)

Excerpt:

Suvarnabhumi International Airport in Bangkok has now been closed by fascist thugs from the anti-government People's Alliance for Democracy, which is demanding that the elected government resign. This is despite the fact that the government has the backing of the majority of the Thai population and even the majority of Bangkok citizens.

This backing has been proven by repeated elections. The PAD wants a dictatorship to replace democracy because they deem that the majority of the Thai electorate are too ignorant to deserve the right to vote.

How did the PAD thugs manage to seize Bangkok International Airport? Airports are supposed to be high security areas. Thai airports are controlled by the Thai military. It is obvious that the Thai military, who staged an illegal coup in 2006, have quietly supported the PAD's actions. It is obvious that the military is unwilling to provide basic security to air travelers and air crew. But they are happy to rake in huge salaries associated with their control of the Airports Authority. Foreign governments and airlines should reconsider whether the authorities in Thailand are willing to provide international standards of safety and security....

A pretty one-sided article throughout....the most interesting part is the comments, which definitely cannot be posted on TV.

In Thailand's case, there are several aggressors. The PAD thugs. The TRT/PPP/UDD thugs. Thankfully, so far, very few of the violent thugs have been Thais wearing Thai uniforms.

If you think peace can be achieved without war then you definitely are living in a fantasy world. Aggressors need to be tackled head on. Weakness and unwillingness to take action results in nothing good and at best slavery to your aggressors.

Here in Thailand now, it is not obvious that there are only two choices. There may yet be a Thai, Buddhist, nonviolent, third way. But if the PAD thugs wish to live by the sword, they die by the sword.

I know you are a decent person but again I disagree.Non violence works when you are dealing with people who have a conscience.It doesn't work when you are dealing with for example the Khmer Rouge, the Chinese at Tianmen, Islamic terrorists in Mumbai, Rwanda genocidalists, the German Nazis etc etc etc.

Most of those who have won independence since WW2 lived in British dependencies.Like it or not the British despite their insufferable hypocrisy and arrogance are fundamentally not good at blood lust.

Sure, PAD are not the only thugs on the block, but they are the causitive factor here. In this thread I'm discussing the Airport closure by PAD. I never even got into this debate when they were protesting at Government House. It was a minor concern in comparison.

To see the airport closure as an isolated incident is a sign of tunnel vision and lack of historical context!

Democracy Threatened at Bangkok International Airport

(not allowed to post URL, just search for article in Google)

Excerpt:

Suvarnabhumi International Airport in Bangkok has now been closed by fascist thugs from the anti-government People's Alliance for Democracy, which is demanding that the elected government resign. This is despite the fact that the government has the backing of the majority of the Thai population and even the majority of Bangkok citizens.

This backing has been proven by repeated elections. The PAD wants a dictatorship to replace democracy because they deem that the majority of the Thai electorate are too ignorant to deserve the right to vote.

How did the PAD thugs manage to seize Bangkok International Airport? Airports are supposed to be high security areas. Thai airports are controlled by the Thai military. It is obvious that the Thai military, who staged an illegal coup in 2006, have quietly supported the PAD's actions. It is obvious that the military is unwilling to provide basic security to air travelers and air crew. But they are happy to rake in huge salaries associated with their control of the Airports Authority. Foreign governments and airlines should reconsider whether the authorities in Thailand are willing to provide international standards of safety and security....

A pretty one-sided article throughout....the most interesting part is the comments, which definitely cannot be posted on TV.

Joined today, the second posting and you know exactly what urls are not allowed to post and trying to point to an anti-monarchy information.

Another incarnation of a banned poster methink....

Like it or not PAD is an agent for change, and so is Thaksin.

At best they are going to be a catalyst for another military coup. Add that to over a dozen since 1932 and you should realise that Thailand doesn't need change, but stability. They need to work with what they've got instead of constantly changing.

Here's an analogy: Would you buy a new car everytime the one you had suffered a mechanical problem? Most people would repair rather than replace.

If the PAD get what they want now, then Thailand will be only one "peaceful protest" away from a change of government anytime a "peaceful" group are not happy with the results. I suppose that's a change from the usual method of overthrowing government via military coups.

Guess what, it has been this way for decades periodically.

What has suddenly changed? Well we are here watching and commenting,

and not much else.

From western eyes this is bizarre, for Thais it seems to be; What? Again?

Pass the somtam, wonder how long this one will take?

Even the most devout PAD supporter has had time to remove the rose colored glasses and take a look what is actually going on around them. Hard to justify kidnapping a police officer on live television. The misguided human shields who are being willingly held by the PAD domestic terrorist division are in harm’s way with the direct approval of PAD supporters here on TV. The romantic notion of a people’s revolution ringing in their ears while safely ensconced behind their computer in the safety of their home. All pretty sickening really. Ruining the economy and holding transportation hubs cannot be reconciled.

It doesn’t matter who you blame or why. The terrorist tactics employed by the PAD include whipping up popular support for the movement are classic and are working on the simple minds of the masses. The physiological component foisted on the easily deceived clearly is working. I hope after this is all over the zealots here can reflect on their thoughts and writings. Only through critical analysis will those who were so easily manipulated learn from the experience and not be so easily fooled next time by popular rhetoric from a terrorist organization.

Good luck!

Hey Grant! Do you need a job? It would be temporary at best but until about Jan 21st I bet Bush could use someone to write his next "axis of evil" speech!

The romantic notion of a people’s revolution ringing in their ears while safely ensconced behind their computer in the safety of their home
The terrorist tactics
nclude whipping up popular support for the movement are classic and are working on the simple minds of the masses.
I hope after this is all over the zealots here can reflect on their thoughts and writings.
Only through critical analysis will those who were so easily manipulated learn from the experience and not be so easily fooled next time by popular rhetoric from a terrorist organization.

Really amazing grant! You should be able to get a job from Bush with no problems at all! You have no touch with reality and no concept of the vocabulary you are using making you an excellent match!

There's not much to negotiate is there! Thaksin's puppet government has to step down!

And the man himself will have to go to prison! He's a thief and has stolen billions of the hard-working people of this country.

A statement that the PAD are fanatical aggressors is ridiculous considering the bomb attacks, police violence and infitrations and public lynching they have endured over the last months.

We're really flogging a dead horse now. We both know each others opinions by now. There are democratic ways to deal with corruption in government and this (PAD terrorism) is not the way. You're obviously just a Thaksin hater who cannot see the wood for the trees.

So if the government supporters feel "humiliated" it's OK for them to throw grenades?

What would be OK would be for the police to disperse this illegal mob, they have been breaking almost every possible law in the past few month in complete impunity.

I understand the anger growing among these pro gov. supporters, they are ridiculed, and disrespected by a pretentious, anti democratic group everyday. PAD are committing illegal and violent acts on a daily basis and are currently ruining the country.

I'm not saying it is good to throw grenades on them, but I do understand why they are doing it.

They feel robbed and humiliated, the PAD clearly don't want to negotiate about anything, so when you can't talk anymore, you fight.

Again, If the police was doing their job, this wouldn't happen.

WOW!!!!!! Everyone please take a deep breath and think before you post. Also please forget the petty semantics over the definition of terrorist versus another word. The point is that PAD has made millions of people scared and disrupted by overtaking major travel throughout the world. The world is watching and this may take over a decade to be forgotten. From hotels to banks to restaurants to bar girls to janitors...many millions of people will lose money and jobs. Investors will take their money out of new projects and many persons who wanted to retire here are changing their plans. Use your brains and just think how bad this would become if all RED SHIRTS and all YELLOW SHIRTS started a war. This has gone beyond the point of debate.

WE need a royal intervention.

Don't speak in my behave please. I will retire in February and I and the Missis have no intention to change our plans to move to Thailand.

To see the airport closure as an isolated incident is a sign of tunnel vision and lack of historical context!

Now you're using mumbo jumbo to make a point, but what's your point?

Let's stop flogging this dead horse and just agree to disagree.

Edited by tropo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:o Not meaning to be too critical here, but you can't "hurl a M-79". A M-79 is a 40 mm grenade launcher. It fires a 40mm projectile that explodes on contact. It is breech loaded (back by the trigger, it swings open) and fires a single round per shot.

It is a military weapon, which was commonly used by thw U.S. and South Vietnamese government in Vietnam. I remember it well. Must be opened to eject the fired round.

If there is anything "good" about using the M-79 it is "relatively" small in its explosive effect comapred to other possiblities. it definately throws much less shrapnel around than a hand grenade doies. And it has a lot less bang than the RPG (Rocket Propelled Granades) the VC used to love.

:D

first time when i read from the M79 have been in the reports about the attack at the ASTV station in the dark of the night.

the police arrested a guard there who was armed, but had throw his gun into the river as the police arraived. police was also not allowed to go inside the building and check what happend.

that inccident is now so "convincingly" used in rotation on the PAD propaganda channel, the one where the anchorman jumps out of the picture and later a broken window is shown.

anyway, the guard told that the had been under attack with a M79 from a boat on the river. the article didn't go 'grenade launcher M79', just mentioned a 'M79' and i had to google that. i was surprised that he could identify this on distance, but maybe it's a very unique weapon or produce a certain sound.

but it makes me also suspicious about these attack, who done it or why.

anyway i met the professional here. my question i did google on M79 and a scene from "Apocalypse Now" came to my mind. is think that is a M79, right? if yes, below a demonstration movie how to handle a M79

and

So we are running out of solutions. The police obviously can't do it. So far, a previously reported sighting of Bruce Willis hasn't produced any results. I propose we send in Chuck Norris. Here are just a few of his qualifications:

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life there.

Chuck Norris does not hunt because the word hunting implies the possibility of failure. Chuck Norris goes killing.

There is no theory of evolution, just a list of creatures Chuck Norris allows to live.

Jesus is the only person in history who was not killed by Chuck Norris; when Chuck Norris kills someone, they stay dead.

Chuck Norris died ten years ago, but the Grim Reaper can't get up the courage to tell him.

Achilles was supposedly the greatest warrior of all time, but he died because of his weak spot, the Achilles tendon. There is no Chuck Norris tendon.

All life on earth is carbon-based, with one exception: Chuck Norris. His organic structure is based on Norrisilium, an element found only within Chuck Norris. Norrisilium has an atomic weight of 156, and is believed to be formed when two platinum atoms are spin-kicked together in the presence of a beard catalyst.

In 1959 Stephen Hawking became the first and only person to outsmart Chuck Norris. He learned his lesson.

The Great Wall of China was originally created to keep Chuck Norris out. It failed misserably.

Chuck Norris' house has no doors, only walls that he walks through.

There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.

There are no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, Chuck Norris lives in Oklahoma.

Scotty in Star Trek often says “Ye cannae change the laws of physics.” This is untrue. Chuck Norris can change the laws of physics. With his fists.

According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday.

Nothing can escape the gravity of a black hole, except for Chuck Norris. Chuck Norris eats black holes. They taste like chicken.

After much debate, President Truman decided to drop the atomic bomb on Hiroshima rather than the alternative of sending Chuck Norris. His reasoning? It was more “humane”.

Chuck Norris once shot a Vietnamese fighter plane down with his finger, by yelling, “Bang!”

When the Boogeyman goes to bed, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

And this, an actual quote from an Iraqi police trainer in Falujah:

"I've seen his videos, he's a hero. He saves the city, he protects women and children and he fights crime wherever it is. We should all be like Chuck Norris," Khaled Hussein said.

Sorry, this week has just been so depressing, I couldn't help myself.

AOT chief to seek permission to fly 88 empty commercial planes from Suvarnabhumi

Serirat Prasutanond, president of Airports of Thailand Plc, said Sunday that he will seek permission from the People's Alliance for Democracy again Sunday to retrieve 88 commercial planes left unattended at the Suvarnabhumi International Airport.

------------------------------

permission?? un-fuc_king-believable. so much for the arguments that "the PAD didn't close down the airport, they merely just assembled". and now they're going to try to take over the sea ports?

i'm sorry guys, but i think it's safe to say this is terrorist activity at this point. you can't convince me otherwise now. i understand what the PAD is trying to accomplish but they're fuc_king their own country over.

We're really flogging a dead horse now. We both know each others opinions by now. There are democratic ways to deal with corruption in government and this (PAD terrorism) is not the way. You're obviously just a Thaksin hater who cannot see the wood for the trees.

You hit the nail on its head, as there are no democratic means left unfortunately.

The government-mafia's only concern is to rewrite the constitution, so its convicted capo can come home.

Thaksin was sentenced to prison under a democraticaly choosen constitution!

Guest Bellini
…Reuters:

The assault by the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) YESTERDAY was swift and savage, a head-on charge by a convoy of vehicles speeding down the wrong side of an expressway into scores of unarmed police.

As the terrified officers fled, some of them jumping through the open door of accelerating police vans, wild-eyed young men burst from the PAD vehicles, attacking with sling shots, fireworks, iron bars and wooden stakes.

The police, who have orders not to retaliate against a movement backed by Bangkok's establishment grandees, had virtually no warning…

Is it possible that the PAD is trying to create a situation (violent clashes with the police) to provoke the army to step in (military coup)? If so, they will find it difficult if the police keep running away.

You hit the nail on its head, as there are no democratic means left unfortunately.

The government-mafia's only concern is to rewrite the constitution, so its convicted capo can come home.

Thaksin was sentenced to prison under a democraticaly choosen constitution!

Your obsession with and hatred for Thaksin has clouded your mind. Every one of your posts is a Thaksin bashing. Get over it, he's currently in exile.

Edited by tropo

I just got back home for a break after 3 days on standby at the airport. Here's just some (I hope nuetral) observations

There have been no gunshots as far as I am aware.

I have been inside and outside the airport and there seems to me to be 2 kind of PAD 1. A very hardcore member willing to die and use any violence neccessary to achieve whatever goals they want (normally younger but up to middle aged men). 2. A less aware person trying to express their feelings of frustration (normally middle aged women).

I talked to a middle aged women who said she was not scared to die, she was totally into what she was doing. I felt concern for her child who she had with her, he had no choice in the matter.

I was part of a 30 ambulance team stationed in front of the Novotel. The first few days we had to pass through police checkpoints in and out of the greater airport area. But late saturday night we returned to find the PAD manning these roadblocks and searching our ambulances.

So now the Novotel sits in 'occupied' PAD territory with no security. They started doing little marches around the streets in convoys of vehicles with most people being armed. Many of the nurses were quite afraid as they strolled past them brandishing weapons. I think it would have been prudent to pull out of the area and set up a new area but its not my choice.

I have been for a couple of walks through the airport and the PAD seems very organised including their own security. There are open shops that have nothing removed from them with only a few PAD members around to police it. No one is allowed past passport control.

Its a very strange feeling being in a place that has no police authority, The PAD members with weapons were made even more intimidating by this fact. If they turned on us, no one would (or could)come to help.

The PAD has an enormous supply of food, clothing and blankets. I got my toothbrush from them along with a bag of apples,a shaver and a coffee! (more than I had received from the Red Cross during my 3 days)

They have phone charging points, a shuttle service, a makeshift hospital, really quite impressive.

post-23668-1228020072_thumb.jpg

post-23668-1228020191_thumb.jpg

post-23668-1228020241_thumb.jpg

post-23668-1228020424_thumb.jpg

post-23668-1228020658_thumb.jpg

post-23668-1228020873_thumb.jpg

post-23668-1228021139_thumb.jpg

post-23668-1228021695_thumb.jpg

AOT chief to seek permission to fly 88 empty commercial planes from Suvarnabhumi

Serirat Prasutanond, president of Airports of Thailand Plc, said Sunday that he will seek permission from the People's Alliance for Democracy again Sunday to retrieve 88 commercial planes left unattended at the Suvarnabhumi International Airport.

------------------------------

permission?? un-fuc_king-believable. so much for the arguments that "the PAD didn't close down the airport, they merely just assembled". and now they're going to try to take over the sea ports?

i'm sorry guys, but i think it's safe to say this is terrorist activity at this point. you can't convince me otherwise now. i understand what the PAD is trying to accomplish but they're fuc_king their own country over.

Agreed.. 100% I am dismissing any valid arguments the PAD have tried or are trying to make... at least under Thaksin, corruption or not, things were still operating under the norm.