Suvarnabhumi PAD Protest Continues

Jai Dee

I just received this SMS alert from the Bangkok Post SMS service:

"PAD accepted AOT's demand to allow incoming flights to use Suvarnabhumi after the Contsitution Court dissolved PPP. First incoming flight expected within 24 hrs"

I don't have any more than that and it's not in the BKK Post site yet, but sounds at least promising!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name of thread:

THAILAND CONTINUES TO BE HELD TO RANSOM BY LOSING PARTY'S DISRUPTIONS

Good! Very concise. Best to shorten...maybe?:

THAILAND CONTINUES TO BE HELD RANSOM BY LOSING PARTY.

Regards

Both suggestions have a very significant error.

I'll leave it to you to figure out what that error is.

"PAD accepted AOT's demand to allow incoming flights to use Suvarnabhumi after the Contsitution Court dissolved PPP. First incoming flight expected within 24 hrs"

I don't have any more than that and it's not in the BKK Post site yet, but sounds at least promising!

As far as i know they have never stopped the airport itself ... so it was always possible . The only problem is the safety regulations cannot be met in any way . That's way it will take 1 more week after the airport is abandont to have it operational again .

Wow ... nobody objective is calling them terrorists ... ..

Leaving some obviously misguided people on T.V. about the only ones calling them terrorists!

It should be pretty obvious to you that the mainstream media must choose their words more carefully than TV members. They have constraints we don't have.

It's a huge event internally, but on the world stage it hasn't escalated enough to be of too much interest to outsiders. They need blood.

I'm calling it terrorism

The Nationreports:

that a "PAD leader advised protesters to arm themselves with bags of human excrement and urine to fight off police."

PAD Speaker Auychai Watha chairman of a northeastern teachers' group. said:

"Whoever cheated [the country], may their children become whores infected with venereal disease!"

“Cookie”, 11-years-old daughter of the dead hero talks on PAD stage:

MC: In your opinion.. your dad did for the country.. what do you have to say to the police, government?.. to catch whoever did this?… What do you want to say to the prime minister, Somchai Wongsawat?

Cookie: I want to say.. I wish him dead like my dad….

[Applausing]

If I where PAD, I will not use the grief of a child for political reason.

yep, that was my message here. isn't that sick. and you can see often on PAD stage, little innocent kids, got ‘re-educate’ using the most unpolite language, all propagada to power up the hate mob.

look above what a teacher and PAD speaker wish to others. "may their children become whores infected with venereal disease!" and they have also kids talking so on stage!!! thats is the norm, PAD standard.

can we call this child abuse? do PAD abusing children? yes.

are they child abuser?

and how misguided people must be, here on TV, support that sick PAD cult.

As far as i know they have never stopped the airport itself ... so it was always possible . The only problem is the safety regulations cannot be met in any way . That's way it will take 1 more week after the airport is abandont to have it operational again .

This appeared earlier today in BKK Post:

(BangkokPost.com) - Airports of Thailand (AOT) acting president Serirat Pasutanond said Suvarnabhumi airport could resume operation in about a week once the anti-government protesters led by the People’s Alliance for Democracy (PAD) leave the airport.

Mr Serirat expected it would take authorities approximately seven days to check the readiness of Suvarnabhumi once the protesters leave.

And this is still showing in PAD's thailandoutlook.tv site:

"The People's Alliance for Democracy has cheered and clapped wildly after the Constitution Court had ruled this morning to disband the People Power party. The leaders are scheduled to meet tonight to discuss the PAD's next move.

The People's Alliance for Democracy protesters are to remain at Don Muang and Suvarnabhumi airports even after the court has ruled to disband the People Power party. The PAD hosts have told the protesters that their fight isn't over even after the brief victory this morning.

The next step is for the MPs to convene to nominate a new premier. With most People Power party MPs escaping the political ban, they will most likely vote for another People Power party sponsored candidate. Some of the names which could be nominated to replace former PM Somchai Wongsawat are Chalerm Yoobamrung and Mingkwan Saengsuwan.

A conservative 150 million dollars (over 5 billion THB) per day lost in tourist revenue dollars is sickeningly a horrible price to pay while selling out their beloved country...and lost revenue that may continue for decades.

Wow. What hat did that number come out of ?

A link to the source of this (conservative) $150 million per day loss in tourism revenue would be appreciated. I'd like to see how they came up with those numbers.

Yes me too ... i want to see where the numbers come from but the 6/7% figure is also ridiculous low .

Here are some real numbers, from the Tourism Authority of Thailand website (Tourism Statistics in Thailand 1998-2007) (as of 6 May 2008).

Total tourists= 14,460,000

Average length of stay= 9.2 days

Average Daily Expenditures= 4,120 baht

My handy-dandy Excel spreadsheet crunched those numbers into this:

14,460,000 (tourists) * 9.2 (average days) * 4,120 (average daily spending) = 548,091,840,000 Baht total for 2007 (approx $15,352,712,605 USD)

Divide that by 365 (days in a year) = 1,501,621,479 THB per day average (or $42,062,226 USD)

Which is less than a third of the numbers previously quoted. (Note: Thailand's Gross Domestic Product in 2007 was estimated to be:

8,767,366,650,000 THB (8.767 trillion baht) or $245.6 billion USD (rounded off slightly). (This is the average of the figures I found on 4 different sites, which places Thailand around 34th overall in the world.)

So, the Tourism figures would represent 6.25% of the total GDP !

Regards

Ok, you got me. Is it an error of omission? Answer Y/N? Hints please, I am curious now! :o

And now AFP are reporting:

"As of this moment the PAD has allowed flights to take off and land immediately, both passenger and cargo flights," senior PAD member Somkiat Pongpaiboon told reporters at the airport.

Vudhihaandhu Vichairatama, chairman of the board of Airports of Thailand, said flights may be able to resume within 24 hours if there were no "technical problems".

"They're going to leave now," he told AFP-TV.

All equipment at the airport would have to be checked over before full airport operations could resume, he said.

http://www.france24.com/en/20081202-Somcha...itutional-court

AsiaOne as well:

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews...202-104997.html

Regards

Ok, you got me. Is it an error of omission? Answer Y/N? Hints please, I am curious now! :o

"Losing Party" implies the Democrats held the airports. Correct?

The People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) is not a political party thus cannot be accused of losing.

At this moment it appears they've won round 1 i.e. Somchai Wongsawat is no longer Prime Minister of Thailand.

Stay tuned for Part 2.

Edited by ratcatcher

1.As a seeker of truth and justice I am now confused how a government can engage in electoral fraud, as you alledge.

Can you read up on that and inform me please.

Surely at the time of the election they were not the government but a legtimate political party with stated policies?

The coups, the court rulings, the dissolutions, the allegations,the courts themselves,...do you see the pattern here!.

2.Hypothetical.

Anarchy

Non democratic

The EC, who do they answer to? LOL

Dear Seeker of Truth and Justice, I would be most pleased to provide some reading material for you:

* Please refer to the front page of today's Bangkok Post or The Nation for details on the Constitution Court's ruling to dissolve PPP and Chart Thai for electoral fraud.

* You may care also to look the court's previous dissolution ruling against TRT (previous government), and to check the party lists (I am sure you can get the details from Wikipedia or similar). You will find that PPP is essentially a rebadged TRT formed from the remnants of the party.

* If you still remain uncertain, you will doubtless dismiss it as a remarkable coincidence the same faces (minus the banned executive), appearing in the third incarnation of the party (PTP) which has already been registered and - purely by chance - bears a logo with a passing resemblance to the PPP and TRT logos.

A seeker of truth and justice is removed from propaganda and vested interest.

The thai courts are corrupt , their attack on democracy demonstrably confirm this, they are the lap dog of the unelected PAD.

Your own comments clearly highlight the continued onslought on the democratic agengies involved.

Personalities and faces are not important, the PAD cannot be allowed this carry out their ethnic cleansing.

Democracy must prevail anarchy.

Plachon

What do you mean "protest is inappropriate by definition"? I've never heard anything so nonsensical and idiotic in my life, unless one approves of authoritarian states where protest is not allowed. That's fine if that's what floats your boat (and it was the way Thaksin was taking Thailand), but it is not my definition of the type of country one could call "democratic"

he means that the word 'protest' is 'inappropriate by definition', now how come you think that is so 'nonsensical and idiotic'?? so much so that in your clearly very sheltered life you have

never heard anything so nonsensical and idiotic in my life
. You really need to get out more.
Sometimes, during regime change, drastic actions are required which may cause inconvenience and temporary instability as the outgoing regime uses violence and underhand tactics to prolong their hold on power.

As you are clearly an ardent supporter of PAD please explain what is 'democratic' about a forced 'regime change' in a democratic country.

as the outgoing regime uses violence and underhand tactics to prolong their hold on power
how can you as a supporter of PAD talk about 'underhand tactics' they (PAD) seem to be the masters of that particular art. The 'outgoing regime' has not been using violence. How would you describe the news images yesterday of PAD guards beating a Bangkok citizen with sticks because they 'thought' he might have been a spy?

Wow ... nobody objective is calling them terrorists ... ..

Leaving some obviously misguided people on T.V. about the only ones calling them terrorists!

It should be pretty obvious to you that the mainstream media must choose their words more carefully than TV members. They have constraints we don't have.

It's a huge event internally, but on the world stage it hasn't escalated enough to be of too much interest to outsiders. They need blood.

I'm calling it terrorism

The Nationreports:

that a "PAD leader advised protesters to arm themselves with bags of human excrement and urine to fight off police."

PAD Speaker Auychai Watha chairman of a northeastern teachers' group. said:

"Whoever cheated [the country], may their children become whores infected with venereal disease!"

MC: In your opinion.. your dad did for the country.. what do you have to say to the police, government?.. to catch whoever did this?… What do you want to say to the prime minister, Somchai Wongsawat?

Cookie: I want to say.. I wish him dead like my dad….

[Applausing]

If I where PAD, I will not use the grief of a child for political reason.

yep, that was my message here. isn't that sick. and you can see often on PAD stage, little innocent kids, got ‘re-educate’ using the most unpolite language, all propagada to power up the hate mob.

look above what a teacher and PAD speaker wish to others. "may their children become whores infected with venereal disease!" and they have also kids talking so on stage!!! thats is the norm, PAD standard.

can we call this child abuse? do PAD abusing children? yes.

are they child abuser?

and how misguided people must be, here on TV, support that sick PAD cult.

i would like to see some PAD supporters justify this, come on guys, explain exactly how this is cool, maybe even cooler then closing down airports and taking away the votes of the poor people

and in this minute the next bangkokpost sms:

PAD accepted AOT's demand to allow incoming flights to use Suvarnabhumi after Constitution Court dissolved PPP. First incoming flight expected within 24 hrs.

we will see.

the problem isnt incoming flights, i suspect little demand for inbound, the issue is outbound all the tourists want to go home!

PAD accepted AOT's demand to allow incoming flights to use Suvarnabhumi after Constitution Court dissolved PPP. First incoming flight expected within 24 hrs.

we will see.

How thoughtful of the terrorists to allow planes in. Gawd. And for all those claiming "peaceful demonstations" include hijacking an airport and destoying the economy ..... what planet are you from? I thought the world refuses to negotiate with terrorists? So the airport that was taken hostage asks permission to land planes? Jesus. It doesn´t even matter if the elected government is corrupt or not, you simply don't take over airports that are not yours to take and cause so much damage to so many people. Period.

we will see.

How thoughtful of the terrorists to allow planes in. Gawd. And for all those claiming "peaceful demonstations" include hijacking an airport and destoying the economy ..... what planet are you from? I thought the world refuses to negotiate with terrorists? So the airport that was taken hostage asks permission to land planes? Jesus. It doesn´t even matter if the elected government is corrupt or not, you simply don't take over airports that are not yours to take and cause so much damage to so many people. Period.

we have been through this about a week now. did you just wake up?

At the end of the day the leaders of TRT/PPP/??? (still waiting for new name.....) are interchangeable. The Democrats have no chance of getting back in after this, and of course the smaller parties will go with the red shirts. Better to be on the inside than the outside.

Now kindly P*** off PAD and let the people go home .

Anupong's spokesman just talked softly on tv around 1pm today that they will bring the PAD out. This evening, the PAD announced they'll move out from Suvarnabhumi tomorrow.

They know who has the power (Army) and since the beginning, Army cooperated with PAD by not doing anything.

Can anyone bring Anupong to Court for indirectly damaging Thai's economy?

Anupong's spokesman just talked softly on tv around 1pm today that they will bring the PAD out. This evening, the PAD announced they'll move out from Suvarnabhumi tomorrow.

They know who has the power (Army) and since the beginning, Army cooperated with PAD by not doing anything.

Can anyone bring Anupong to Court for indirectly damaging Thai's economy?

agree with the point about army, right on point

Need to remove the PAD from the airport by any means possible... this isnt rocket science, this isnt that hard.

-Cut power/water

-blockade roads into the airport

-rubber bullets, tear gas, water cannons

-jam mobile phones

Overwhelm them with a superior force. If you need to use force do so - after warning them what will come if they do not disperse.