Pro-government Mass Rally To Be Held At Sanam Luang On Sunday

Jai Dee

"My point was that the army especially, and police maybe (it's hard to tell as they are so incompetant), have sided with the law breaking minority, and would, I suggest, stop similar antics from the mass populous - it's political, and it's why the army should never be supported within Thai politics at a coup or any level."

"They are not afraid, but it is deeper than that. Just think about it's the stuff you can't post here or even talk about it. Listen to the words on the street and I hope you get it."

Getting warmer methinks.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please go down there and whip the crowd up into a wild frenzy and head on over to the airport to clear out the PAD.

Normally i wouldn't advocate violent, but when the government/police/army fail to protect you/your business what other choice do you have?

Can someone please go down there and whip the crowd up into a wild frenzy and head on over to the airport to clear out the PAD.

Normally i wouldn't advocate violent, but when the government/police/army fail to protect you/your business what other choice do you have?

Well they need someone with no brains and a big mouth - the position is open if you are interested.

Shhhttt .... I think the people are heated up enough allready . Not i do not support the idea ... it is the outcome what bothers me ...

I think things are really going to start "heating up"more and more.

As the police refuses to do their job, many citizens of this country feel it is their duty to defend the government they elected.

As the police didn't do their job and arrest the other criminals (Thaksin etc) many citizens feel it is their duty to protest against this puppet government.

All these attacks on PAD protesters these last few days are a normal reaction of frustration.

True, but it hasn't changed a thing, they are still entrenched.

The peoples you call "reds" are tired of seeing illegal acts being perpetrated non-stop by the "yellows" in complete impunity.

The people you call "yellows" are tired of this puppet government consisting of criminals, fraudsters, liars etc who act with impunity to fill their pockets at the country's expense.

If the police was doing what they are paid for there wouldn't be a need for the pro-governments to throw grenades.

If the courts had done what they are paid for, Thaksin would be in jail along with his ex Mrs and the pro-government guys would still throw grenades..

:o

All these attacks on PAD protesters these last few days are a normal reaction of frustration.

...If the police was doing what they are paid for there wouldn't be a need for the pro-governments to throw grenades.

So, your idea of a "normal reaction of frustration" is to go lobbing hand grenades into crowds of civilian demonstrators??? Maybe you should consider signing up for anger management therapy....

I have a very bad feeling about this. Just told my wife who is stuck in Bangkok on a study program to evacute the city and head south to the Malay border where we have a house. If this all blows up (even more) I'd rather she is out of the city before Tuesday when there is a real chance of severe violence.

My fear is that if violence between the 2 factions erupts, then all public transport will be stopped and getting out of the city will become close to impossible and dangerous. Better safe than sorry :o

...If the police was doing what they are paid for there wouldn't be a need for the pro-governments to throw grenades.

So, your idea of a "normal reaction of frustration" is to go lobbing hand grenades into crowds of civilian demonstrators??? Maybe you should consider signing up for anger management therapy....

and beating that man in Chiang Mai to dead.

As the police refuses to do their job, many citizens of this country feel it is their duty to defend the government they elected.

As the police didn't do their job and arrest the other criminals (Thaksin etc) many citizens feel it is their duty to protest against this puppet government.

The peoples you call "reds" are tired of seeing illegal acts being perpetrated non-stop by the "yellows" in complete impunity.

The people you call "yellows" are tired of this puppet government consisting of criminals, fraudsters, liars etc who act with impunity to fill their pockets at the country's expense.

If the police was doing what they are paid for there wouldn't be a need for the pro-governments to throw grenades.

If the courts had done what they are paid for, Thaksin would be in jail along with his ex Mrs and the pro-government guys would still throw grenades..

Yawn, Another example of PAD on the back foot and not able to post about this PAD land future.

Can't you lot post pro-actively?

I have a very bad feeling about this. Just told my wife who is stuck in Bangkok on a study program to evacute the city and head south to the Malay border where we have a house. If this all blows up (even more) I'd rather she is out of the city before Tuesday when there is a real chance of severe violence.

My fear is that if violence between the 2 factions erupts, then all public transport will be stopped and getting out of the city will become close to impossible and dangerous. Better safe than sorry :o

While it is always better to be safe and sorry, I really don't share your fears. I have been in Bangkok during many violent times and always it has been relegated to certain areas. We know that in times like these to stay out of those areas. I really don't see this as a neighbor against neighbor kind of thing (at least not my neighbors). There are no unruly mobs circulating the city.

In addition, if wholesale violence erupts, my view is then the military will step in to restore order. Right now, if they came in everyone would be yelling about a coup.

While it is always better to be safe and sorry, I really don't share your fears. I have been in Bangkok during many violent times and always it has been relegated to certain areas. We know that in times like these to stay out of those areas. I really don't see this as a neighbor against neighbor kind of thing (at least not my neighbors). There are no unruly mobs circulating the city.

In addition, if wholesale violence erupts, my view is then the military will step in to restore order. Right now, if they came in everyone would be yelling about a coup.

Thanks for the comforting words. Being over 5000 miles away its hard to asses what the real situation is like. All I can do is follow the news, and from that, it simply looks like a new Iraq. However, I'm really not sure I am ready to take any risks. I too am supposed to be coming to Thailand in 13 days time, and if I cant get into the city and she out by then, it will be very tough for both of us.

Thanks for the comforting words. Being over 5000 miles away its hard to asses what the real situation is like. All I can do is follow the news, and from that, it simply looks like a new Iraq. However, I'm really not sure I am ready to take any risks. I too am supposed to be coming to Thailand in 13 days time, and if I cant get into the city and she out by then, it will be very tough for both of us.

Being not in the center, but in Bangkok I neither see yellow nor red shirts, people are getting jogging driving motorbikes like hel_l and watch soap-operas. Seems nobody cares much. Any violence would be just on some spots which are well known (government house, airport etc)

Being not in the center, but in Bangkok I neither see yellow nor red shirts, people are getting jogging driving motorbikes like hel_l and watch soap-operas. Seems nobody cares much. Any violence would be just on some spots which are well known (government house, airport etc)

Things can spread faster then the flu you know ...

Most people going about their everyday business. I went from Jatujak (northern corridor) to play football in the Bang Na area (south-east of the city) today and life doesn't appear any different from any other weekend. Plenty of people out and about shopping, setting up food stalls on the streets, sitting around on corners picking their nose. Keep away from the hotspots and you won't have any trouble.

Most people going about their everyday business. I went from Jatujak (northern corridor) to play football in the Bang Na area (south-east of the city) today and life doesn't appear any different from any other weekend. Plenty of people out and about shopping, setting up food stalls on the streets, sitting around on corners picking their nose. Keep away from the hotspots and you won't have any trouble.

More trouble at the Stadium of Light :o:D

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...newsid=30089808
Protesters led by the People's Alliance for Democracy rallied at the house of Interior Minister Kowit Watana Sunday afternoon.

Is this far enough away from the pro-rally for them not to clash?

Yes, the 2 locations are many miles apart

I don't think they're too far apart....looks like maybe a 15 minute walk....

Finally, some clear thought! Good post rat catcher!

I think if Thaksin acted pro-actively by admitting his wrongdoings and making a statement that he and his family would go away and leave Thailand completely alone you would see this situation disappear immediately. While I find it harder to support the PAD since their goals have changed over the past 6-8 months, I think their legitimacy is based on the fact that they originally opposed government corruption using Thaksin as their rallying point. If Thaksin and his family wanted anything for the good of Thailand and the King they would follow Somchai's suggestion of doing good deeds and remove themselves from the fray, and even allow the dissolution of the PPP. Then the PAD wouldn't have a viable focus anymore, and would have to go home.

Would this stop Thaksin's cronies from developing another party? Would this stop another Thaksin-like leader from running the country? I think no on both counts, but there is too much bad blood associated with the Shinawatra name now for this country to move forwards with anything while they are involved.

Whether you support the PPP or the PAD, or neither, you must admit that Thaksin is the root of everyone's thoughts and issues in this situation. The only way is for him to leave. His verbal attacks on everyone (including England!?!) show his megalomania is getting the better of him, causing him to become even more unstable.

I hope everything can be kept peaceful and that no-one else has to get hurt during this trip towards democracy.

Protesters led by the People's Alliance for Democracy rallied at the house of Interior Minister Kowit Watana Sunday afternoon.

You are obviously not in Bangkok, and havent got a clue :o

Muang Thong Thani(ministers house) is North of Bangkok, near Impact Arena.

Sanam Luang is at least 25km away!!!!!

The Red's protest venue was changed to Lan Kon Muang (As said earlier in this thread)

Edited by globalj

I thought they changed the venue away from Sanam Luang? I was there at midday (no red shirts, stand set-up or police at this time), and with all the funeral 'buildings' still up and large numbers of makeshift market stalls there's no room for a crowd of over a few hundred.

and beating that man in Chiang Mai to dead.

Just to get a little perspective on the latter, the van was driven at speed at a group of red-shirts demonstrating near Chiang Mai PAD headquarters. The driver was pulled from the cab, there was a big fight between the PAD and DAAD supporters, and he died from his injuries.

I'm not trying to justify what happened, but this forum could do with a bit more perspective and a little less polemics at times. Like 95% of the time, in fact.

As for grenade lobbing, that's totally unacceptable of course, but there's a tiny minority on both sides intent on violence, often fueled by alcohol. Plus there are interests behind the scenes pulling the puppets' strings at will, and no one here really has much of a clue about what is really going on. Having talked to the local DAAD leaders in Chiang Mai in recent days, I would add that this almost total ignorance definitely includes them too.

Let's not forget that 99% of those involved are no more violent than this ....

3070951204_453b5c7046_o.jpg

Taken this afternoon at the DAAD rally and concert in Chiang Mai ....

With the Red Shirts at Nakhon Sawan yesterday (Saturday) blocking one of the main roads and the red shirts in Chiang Mai and now this new 'demonstration' yes, it does seem that the pro government supporters are now showing themselves in support.

Problem is, will it do any good or simply make matters worse?

I do not think it will make a lot of difference to Swampy Airport though unless the army and police see enough pro government supporters and decide the pro goverment ones outnumber the PAD in sufficient numbers for them ( the police and army) to realise they maybe do need to act in favour of the government.

does it appear that police are afraid of PAD, or just my perception?

I read on the BBC Asia Pacific website a report that the police are unwilling to us force to oust the PAD from the airports for fear the army will not like that and step in and give the police some of the same. (or words to that effect :o )

So what would you do, as a policeman if that is the case? I don't recall the police having tanks :D

Therefore, no, not afraid of PAD directly. But I believe it goes a lot deeper than that with poilice and army being involved and in cahoots with the PAD.

If the red shirts come out in enough force, surely the army, police and others will have to take notice? On the other hand.....

PARTY DISSOLUTION

Pro-govt protesters up pressure on Constitution Court

By The Nation

Red-shirt leaders hint the court might be besieged ahead of crucial rulings

Leaders of a pro-government rally hinted Sunday protesters might surround the Constitution Court which is set to rule on party dissolution cases on Tuesday.

The rally, which has attracted thousands of largely-peaceful people in red shirts today, is taking a place in front of the Bangkok city hall, which is just a few minutes walk to the Constitution Court.

The pro-government camp claims the court's decision to wrap up the cases against the People Power, Chat Thai and Matchima Thipataya parties early signalled a conspiracy against the government.

Several thousands have joined the red-shirt protest, which could yet be moved to the Democracy Monument if the current venue could not accommodate more protesters.

Bangkok authorities on Sunday ordered 11 schools in Pranakorn district to be closed on Monday as they are in the areas which would be affected by the gathering of pro-government supporters.

Pranakorn director Suechana Sudcharoen said the city will consider on day-by-day basis whether to extend the order.

Pro-government supporters, known as the Democratic Alliance Against Dictatorship (DADD), gathered at a square in front of Bangkok Metropolitan Administration on Dinsor Road on Sunday.

Suachana said BMA did not allow DADD or red-shirted to use the square as protesting site.

"However they defied our refusal for them to use the site. They started entering the site on November 29. We could do nothing," he said.

However the city asked them to control using of loudspeakers, so that it would not effect monks in nearby temple. The schools were ordered closed because they are near the protest site and possible protest routes of the DADD.

The schools to be closed are Rajabophit School, Trithossathep School, Wat Chetupon School, Wat Makutkasat School, Wat Mahannop School, Wat Mahathat School, Wat Ratchanadda School, Wat Rajburana School, Wat Suthat School, Wat Mai Amataros School and Wat Intharawiharn School.

More trouble at the Stadium of Light :o:D

Careful, or those 'Mackems' will be coming for you :D