Bar Noise - What Can Be Done

fred110

Outside the 'entertainment zone' bars are supposed to close at midnight. I live near SHagwell's, the noise goes until 3am or so. Tourist police said they can do nothing. Is there a number at City Hall to call? Thanks.

Have a few extra beers fred, it should do the trick.

Agree it was a little bit loud around there last night.

I live 2 soi's away from Shagwells, and I live about 200m down the soi from Soi Arunothai, and I can also hear the loud music coming from there sometimes very late at night.. Even though my place is quite a distance away!

I feel sorry for those who live just behind the place.

I live right behind the place.

Nothing to worry about.. in one bar they just built a stage and put up a drum set...I think their plan is to be louder than the bar next to them which has karaoke almost every night.

I can't wait til' they start drumming away tonight. I think there are only three bars which have a party tonight.

When I rented the apartment my 'Land lady' told me she doesn't allow loud music in the apartments....lol.

The good thing is that during the day the school has their march music going...that balances everything out.

I live 2 soi's away from Shagwells, and I live about 200m down the soi from Soi Arunothai, and I can also hear the loud music coming from there sometimes very late at night.. Even though my place is quite a distance away!

It's hard to feel sorry for anyone who moved straight into or near a busy, loud bar district and then complains about the noise.

It's hard to feel sorry for anyone who moved straight into or near a busy, loud bar district and then complains about the noise.

Who's complaining? I simply stated that I could hear the loud music late at night, but it does not bother me at all.

If your post was aimed at others, Go quote someone else..

Edited by Meg_2003

Well you are correct, but I moved here 2 years ago before the market was there, before any bars opened. Don't assume!!!

Call 1337, anyone with noise pollution problems is urged to do so as per article in Pattaya Mail a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks I'll try it. I worry mostly about the Thais who live here and have to get up early for work, and kids for school.

Well you are correct, but I moved here 2 years ago before the market was there, before any bars opened. Don't assume!!!

Don't let Tropo upset you Fred, He has a history of picking at little things and never having anything positive to say.

I, like you, moved here long before any of the bars were there, and when that "Bar district" was still a large plot of waste land.

Edited by Meg_2003

Here's an idea:

Walk to the bar just after midnight with your pajamas on, hair messed up, and stand about 20m away facing the bar.

Put the sourest, angriest look on your face and cross your arms.

Shake your head and block your ears so they know you think it's too loud.

Stand there like this until the bar closes and they turn off the music.

Then put an overwhelming sense of relief on your face and shout, "Finally!"

Continue to do this night after night until they get the picture.

As any long-termer will tell you, noise pollution of all types is the bane of the Kingdom. Even the most respected Being in the land has educated the populace about its dangers. Unfortunately, most Thai people/businesses seem genetically incapable of having a good time or running a business without excessive volumes of amplified sounds of one type or another.

Most people who live here permanently can tell you of at least one, if not more, moves that were motivated by the desire to get a good nite's sleep. The only advice one can give is to move to an area not know for its nitelife (that means all of west Pattaya is out). However, even this is not foolproof as it only takes one karoake bar opening within 500 meters to ruin everything.

Here's an idea:

Walk to the bar just after midnight with your pajamas on, hair messed up, and stand about 20m away facing the bar.

Put the sourest, angriest look on your face and cross your arms.

Shake your head and block your ears so they know you think it's too loud.

Stand there like this until the bar closes and they turn off the music.

Then put an overwhelming sense of relief on your face and shout, "Finally!"

Continue to do this night after night until they get the picture.

You mean act like a wifey then? :o:D:D

It seemed extra loud last night.. I could hear someone singing and talking through a microphone all night - louder than usual.. Has someone asked them to turn it down? :o

It doesn't bother me at all, but must be very loud for those living on soi arunothai 9..

Don't let Tropo upset you Fred, He has a history of picking at little things and never having anything positive to say.

I, like you, moved here long before any of the bars were there, and when that "Bar district" was still a large plot of waste land.

What a load of tripe. They build new bars all the time in Pattaya, all over the place. It's absurd for anyone moving to the central area of Pattaya to expect peace and tranquility forever after.

Ive live nowhere near a bar and often my soi vibrates with loud music which is normally eminating from a parked vigo or honda jazz or whatever (All hours of the day and night). Remember TIT, I'm not sure youre going to have much luck with noise laws and the police taking you seriously. Good luck tho.