Don Muang Re-entry Permit Hours

Hi,

I have a non-immigrant, one-year visa with no re-entry status. I'll be leaving Thailand for the holidays and have heard I only need to purchase a re-entry stamp for 1000 baht at the Don Muang re-entry permit counter.

Two questions:

1) Is that counter open 24 hours? I have a flight that leaves at 06:00 on Friday the 24th.

2) I missed my 90-day check in date when it last came around. Actually, that was the first time it came around. Per the advice of some Thai staff at the university where I work, I have just ignored it. They say I should take it out of my passport and forget about it. Is this going to haunt me during departure or return? If no, when will/might it come into play?

Sorry. I guess that's three questions.

Thanks for your response,

Colin

Edited by Cog

If you already have a multiple entry, you don't need a re-entry permit. You can enter as many times you want on that visa.

If you are on extension from immigration:

1. Yes, open 24/7. If you don't find an officer, (he might sleep inside), just ask at the Immigration counter.

2. Forget it for now, but when you return, do a 90-days report within 90 days.

Well, the original 3-month, Non-Imm B--that is, the sticker--was issued in Penang on May 27th of this year. Then, with work permit and whatever else was required, I was able to get a 9 month extension in Bangkok. It is in blue ink and stamped (as opposed to a sticker). It has some cryptic Thai around it that I can't read because the handwriting is absolutely miserable. And small.

The stamp says: 'Extension of stay permitted up to 28 MAY 2005.'

I haven't bought the re-entry permit yet. I plan on buying in the wee hours of the 24th, from the 24-hour permit booth.

If you're asking about the last time I got an entry stamp, that would be upon crossing back into Thailand from Malaysia. It expired in August but was negated by my visa extension. I haven't left the country since the time I got my 9-month extension.

Thanks again.

Ok, but how does it relate to the 90-day check-ups? I already missed the date. When I return, is it going to flag anything? You suggested to "Forget it for now, but when you return, do a 90-days report within 90 days."

When I re-enter, with my new entry permit that I will buy at DM before I leave, do I have a clean slate with regards to the 90 day, the-alien-must-notify procedure, or am I still best off not bringing up the subject?

Sorry. Thanks.