Using Phone For Modem

offset

A friend wants to use his I-Mobile 625 as a modem in the battery compartment it says that it covers GSM 900/1800/1900 I tried to connect to the Internet it showed as a "G" connection where as mine connected on a "E" connection he is using D-Tac as a provider

A friend wants to use his I-Mobile 625 as a modem in the battery compartment it says that it covers GSM 900/1800/1900 I tried to connect to the Internet it showed as a "G" connection where as mine connected on a "E" connection he is using D-Tac as a provider

Can't help you there but I use the Nokia E51 (after advice off this board) along with the software provided to use Edge for my internet. works great! My service is AIS.

I assume you are trying to access internet. I-Mobile 625 is not Edge capable so that is why he shows "G". It will work but at quarter speed of phone that is Edge ("E") capable.