Qatar Flight Uk To Bkk

johnson36

The wife and myself have tickets with Qatar to fly from Manchester UK to BKK at 2pm on Saturday 6th, arriving BKK 18.30 on the Sunday 7th. If BKK airport is not open on Friday when we call to confirm the tickets they will tell us are flight is cancelled. It maybe that the airport will be open Sunday but of course the plane is not going to leave UK on Saturday to an airport that is not open at that time.

I've never had a flight cancelled before so my question is: do Qatar offer to put me and the wife on a flight as soon as the airport is open ? do they put on extra flights for passengers whos flights have been cancelled ?

Edited by johnson36

Hi,

I think that are very good questions. Why not call Quatar and ask them? I think they might be happy to give you the applicable instructions.

How did I guess that would be the first response I would get ?

I am not stupid and of course I will do that, BUT it is now 7.30am on Sunday morning and the Qatar office is not open till 9.00am Monday morning. I was 7.12am when I posted the question. It is far quicker to get some information from Thaivisa (as I have done in the past) than wait till Monday morning. I am 100% sure that some TV members have had there flights from the UK cancelled this week, and if I am lucky I will hear from someone booked with Qatar.

Edited by johnson36

my guess would be that they will have to get rid of the passenger backlog which might mean that you will be pushed back. Extra flights are a possibility but that would depend on the capacity of the Bangkok Airport

Once the airport opens I can't really see that they would disrupt any more flights, that would have a knock on effect and make it far harder for the airlines. If they give my seat to someone else that should have flown already, they would have to give someone elses seat to me and so on and so on, that would be a never ending problem. Once the airport opens I am sure the flights that are not effected will go as planned. Many passengers will have already been happy to except a refund, I will not !

Edited by johnson36

my guess would be that they will have to get rid of the passenger backlog which might mean that you will be pushed back. Extra flights are a possibility but that would depend on the capacity of the Bangkok Airport

Once the airport opens I can't really see that they would disrupt any more flights, that would have a knock on effect and make it far harder for the airlines. If they give my seat to someone else that should have flown already, they would have to give someone elses seat to me and so on and so on, that would be a never ending problem. Once the airport opens I am sure the flights that are not effected will go as planned. Many passengers will have already been happy to except a refund, I will not !

If the airport is open and your flight leaves as scheduled they cannot give your seat to someone that has been delayed, its up to the airline to fit the delayed passengers the best they can, however if the flight doesn't leave due to the airport being closed then you are in the second bracket and you cannot take anyone else's seat and its up to the airline to fit you in.

I went through this a couple of years ago in europe, best of luck and i hope its open for you when you fly as im due back to europe a week later which means its fine for me too. :o

If the airport is open and your flight leaves as scheduled they cannot give your seat to someone that has been delayed, its up to the airline to fit the delayed passengers the best they can, however if the flight doesn't leave due to the airport being closed then you are in the second bracket and you cannot take anyone else's seat and its up to the airline to fit you in.

I went through this a couple of years ago in europe, best of luck and i hope its open for you when you fly as im due back to europe a week later which means its fine for me too. :o

I am happy to hear that, thats how I thought it would work but wasn't 100% sure as I have never had a flight cancelled before.

This is only good for me if BKK is open, if it opens after the 6th and Qatar try to find me and the wife 2 seats for a little bit latter date will they try to charge me a difference in ticket price ? as a ticket after the 6th of Dec would have been more expensive to buy. ( i can't call Qatar today as it is Sunday )

Cheers for any help

You can call Qatar airways in Qatar, there open. If you check the qatarair web site, it states that the QR610 took off from Doha for U Tapao 20 klicks from Pattaya, so it looks like some airlines are trying there best anyway.

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/bangkok-alert.html

Qatar Airways today operated a flight to Utapao International Airport, 140km southeast of Bangkok, to pick up Qatar Airways’ passengers stranded in Thailand. QR610 departed Doha this morning at 0833 hrs (Qatar local time), with a scheduled arrival into Utapao at 1900 hrs (Thai local time). Flight QR611 is due to leave Utapao at 2045 hrs (Thai local time), with a scheduled arrival into Doha at midnight (Qatar local time). The aircraft, an Airbus A330-200, has a capacity of 260 seats.

I saw this but I think they are more concerned about getting stranded passengers back at the moment, understandable.

Hi,

I think that are very good questions. Why not call Quatar and ask them? I think they might be happy to give you the applicable instructions.

Ive tried calling Qatar all morning now. I can not get through to talk to someone. Do any of you have any information from Qatar ? ie alternatives, I would be prepared to fly to KL and make my own way into Thailand with Air Asia, probably Phuket. Or are Qatar going to fly to U Tapao ? I see they have sent 1 plane there already but I think that was only to get strandard passengers out of Thailand.

Hi,

Ive tried calling Qatar all morning now. I can not get through to talk to someone. Do any of you have any information from Qatar ? ie alternatives, I would be prepared to fly to KL and make my own way into Thailand with Air Asia, probably Phuket. Or are Qatar going to fly to U Tapao ? I see they have sent 1 plane there already but I think that was only to get strandard passengers out of Thailand.

i believe that they are not bringing passangers into U Tapao only taking them out,also if the protestors left today it is reckoned that it would take 5 days to get bkk up and running.

Hi,

i believe that they are not bringing passangers into U Tapao only taking them out,also if the protestors left today it is reckoned that it would take 5 days to get bkk up and running.

http://www.evaair.com/html/b2c/english/eva...gkokFlights.htm

Eva air seems to be landing there, I just cant get through to Qatar on telephone, been trying for 4 hours now

eventually got through to Qatar. They told me to call the company I booked the tickets with, in this case it was Expedia.co.uk

I called the Expedia number and was put in a queue, waited in queue 20 minutes (10p per minute) only to be told by the lady that she couldn't answer any questions at the moment about the flights to BKK and that I needed to call back latter.

She didn't want to comment on anything, I said please could you just answer a few question as I had waited 20 minutes. 1st question will the flight still be going from Manchester to Doha on Saturday , I was asking this as I would be prepared to take the flight from Doha to KL instead of BKK, her answer "not if it is going via BKK", I explained that we go from UK to Doha then Doha to BKK or KL, she wouldnt comment at first and then said yes the flight would still go to Doha. Could you change me to KL ? and would you charge me ? no comment. Should I call back after 5pm, " UP to YOU" no she didn't really say that.

It is so frustrating when nobody wants to asnswer any questions, I don't expect them to know when the airport will be opening as nobody does, but I was wanting to know my alternatives assuming the worst that the airport will not be open.

Edited by johnson36