Beginners Guide To Replying To Threads

Familyonthemove

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rule 340: Post anything in General Topic forum--visa, traveling, planting, cooking, etc. It's moderator's job to move your post to a suitable place.

Oh boy I've got to remember that one, that should be rule number 1. :o

A way to show how clever you are is to come up with an entirely new and mildly funny emoticon and post it in lieu of actually writing anything.

:D

That almost sounded like you were taking a poke at a certain TV member who posted shortly before you ! :o

(not that I care or anything. BTW, what's with the new avatar ?)

P.gif

A way to show how clever you are is to come up with an entirely new and mildly funny emoticon and post it in lieu of actually writing anything.

:D

That almost sounded like you were taking a poke at a certain TV member who posted shortly before you ! :o

(not that I care or anything. BTW, what's with the new avatar ?)

P.gif

If I'm having a go at anyone Kerry, it's done with humour as per the title of the thread. :D:D:burp::wai:

I liked this picture of the leaping croc (on land this time) and thought a change is as good as a holiday. :P:D:burp: :jerk:

7. Remember that pretty much any question you can think of, has already been asked 10-12 times, possibly within the last week. Never search for a topic, always create a new one. If you see a topic already running, just create a new one with a slightly different title !

8. Always, always quote huge posts, and add a single one word or one line to the end of it, or even nothing at all ! Great way to increase your post count !

8a. If someone else has already done this, feel free to quote the entire thing again, so you can comment on the one word (or one) line response of the person before you. Remember, the more words in your posts, even if they aren't yours and have no relevance, still count towards well, nothing at all, but don't let that stop you sunshine, because you are special !

9. Never, ever use the "Add Reply" button, because this just opens a blank window to post in. Always use the "reply" button because that way you look important by having massively huge posts, with multiple embedded quotes, and your plithy one word comment on the end.

10. Feel free on your first day to tell members that have been here for years and have thousands of posts, about how your 2 posts means you know more than everyone else. Don't be upset when they point out your obvious errors and lack of knowledge, simply resort to using profanities and calling them names. That'll teach them !

11. Do not EVER read the forum rules. After all, they aren't your rules, so why should you have to obey them ? You've consented to grace this site with your presence, you should be allowed to post what ever you want !

12. Remember that while Google is a great search engine, it is beneath you to do your own searches. Simply ask your questions on TV and let others do all the searching for you ! That can save you hours of having to figure out things like proper spelling, or rooting through useless links. Let someone else do it and just give you the pertinent results.

And if you don't like those results, feel free to insult those idiots for not knowing exactly what you wanted, even if you didn't specify it or really know what you were looking for in the first place !

13. Now that you have joined, please allow the other members the opportunity to bow at your feet. A simple sarcastic retort is all they require in way of thanks for you granting them that privilege. The ability to bask in your newbie glow is probably more than they deserve, but you are a humble and generous.

(I'm sure there are plenty more rules that can be added to this guide) :o

i like number 8 :D - btw that brings me up to 141 already :D

8 is a horrible rule, don't you know anything?!?!!?11! 8a is the best!

So true! This one drives me bonkers. :D

I agree :wai:

Rule 666

Don't feel obliged to answer the previous posters point - just go right on in there and answer the question you want to.

Rule 667

NEVER let the facts get in the way of a good argument - its actually probably best to ignore facts altogether.

Rule 668

If you disagree with anyone simply call them FASCISTS!!!! for daring to make a good point.

Rule 669

I bet I'm the first one to mention this - I've not checked the rest of the thread but I'm sure I'll be right, but always use smileys to soften the message when what you are really doing is calling someone stupid.

All Grocer's are STUPID :D

If I'm having a go at anyone Kerry, it's done with humour as per the title of the thread. :D:D:burp::D

I knew that ! I thought the other member would have picked up on your subtle poke, but apparently not. :o

I liked this picture of the leaping croc (on land this time) and thought a change is as good as a holiday. :wai::D:burp::P

From "Old Croc" to "Dancing Croc" for the holidays ? :jerk:

Hijack with another TV member ,any thread(be it political,medical,etc...) you'd both like and turn it into a public pillow talk ..... :o

Perversely Public Pillows Perniciously Pontificating Perseveringly Proud People Paddling Pubic Protuberances ? :D

How's that for fluffing your pillow ! :D

Hijack with another TV member ,any thread(be it political,medical,etc...) you'd both like and turn it into a public pillow talk ..... :o

Perversely Public Pillows Perniciously Pontificating Perseveringly Proud People Paddling Pubic Protuberances ? :D

How's that for fluffing your pillow ! :wai:

AHA! :D That is so sweet from you, But;what did that line mean (mai psa englit)?

Btw, honey :D , if you'd fluff my pillow,I'll pat your ego.... :D

P.S.That's just a little demonstration for TV pillow talk :P

Well, I have nothing clever or witty to say here, only that I can't believe I am only now reading this thread for the first time. I think I laughed out loud four or five times, drawing some questionable stares from my secretary.

Thanks for a little bit of levity. :o

• 2 weeks later...
7. Remember that pretty much any question you can think of, has already been asked 10-12 times, possibly within the last week. Never search for a topic, always create a new one. If you see a topic already running, just create a new one with a slightly different title !

8. Always, always quote huge posts, and add a single one word or one line to the end of it, or even nothing at all ! Great way to increase your post count !

8a. If someone else has already done this, feel free to quote the entire thing again, so you can comment on the one word (or one) line response of the person before you. Remember, the more words in your posts, even if they aren't yours and have no relevance, still count towards well, nothing at all, but don't let that stop you sunshine, because you are special !

9. Never, ever use the "Add Reply" button, because this just opens a blank window to post in. Always use the "reply" button because that way you look important by having massively huge posts, with multiple embedded quotes, and your plithy one word comment on the end.

10. Feel free on your first day to tell members that have been here for years and have thousands of posts, about how your 2 posts means you know more than everyone else. Don't be upset when they point out your obvious errors and lack of knowledge, simply resort to using profanities and calling them names. That'll teach them !

11. Do not EVER read the forum rules. After all, they aren't your rules, so why should you have to obey them ? You've consented to grace this site with your presence, you should be allowed to post what ever you want !

12. Remember that while Google is a great search engine, it is beneath you to do your own searches. Simply ask your questions on TV and let others do all the searching for you ! That can save you hours of having to figure out things like proper spelling, or rooting through useless links. Let someone else do it and just give you the pertinent results.

And if you don't like those results, feel free to insult those idiots for not knowing exactly what you wanted, even if you didn't specify it or really know what you were looking for in the first place !

13. Now that you have joined, please allow the other members the opportunity to bow at your feet. A simple sarcastic retort is all they require in way of thanks for you granting them that privilege. The ability to bask in your newbie glow is probably more than they deserve, but you are a humble and generous.

(I'm sure there are plenty more rules that can be added to this guide) :o

i like number 8 :D - btw that brings me up to 141 already :D

8 is a horrible rule, don't you know anything?!?!!?11! 8a is the best!

So true! This one drives me bonkers. :D

I agree :wai:

Rule 666

Don't feel obliged to answer the previous posters point - just go right on in there and answer the question you want to.

Rule 667

NEVER let the facts get in the way of a good argument - its actually probably best to ignore facts altogether.

Rule 668

If you disagree with anyone simply call them FASCISTS!!!! for daring to make a good point.

Rule 669

I bet I'm the first one to mention this - I've not checked the rest of the thread but I'm sure I'll be right, but always use smileys to soften the message when what you are really doing is calling someone stupid.

All Grocer's are STUPID :D

AgReed

The ThaiVisa Forum is a highly active site with lively contributions from a wide range of experts, some local, some visitors and some expats, and it can be a little daunting for a beginner. This Guide should help newcomers compose their first posts:

1. Remember this is the 'Land of Smiles' with a strong Budhist culture, so try to balance this by being as rude as possible in your postings.

2. Read every new post carefully to see if the subject has been covered before. If this is that case, a quick reply stating 'can't you read!' will be appreciated by the Original Poster.

3. If you know nothing on the subject raised in the thread, please contribute anyway.

4. Always start a reply to a posting by questioning the validity of the OP's statement. Suggesting that he or she may also be lying is always a nice touch.

5. No matter what the subject, always try to use the words, PAD, PPP and Thaksin as this will ensure a lively thread.

6. And remember, try to have fun using the site - particulary if this is at someone elses expense.

You missed one out,someone has to put"TROLL" in at about the 3rd or 4th post.... :o