Couriers?

Stravaig

Hi Folks

Hope you can help. I have some important documents to send to the UK. (Wished I'd done it earlier when I had the chance, but I put it off and now I'm trying to meet a deadline.) Anyway, obviously DHL, FedEx etc aren't going out of Swampy as usual. Presumably they've made alternative arrangements?

Anyone know what's happening? What's the best way to send an A4 envelope of docs to reach the UK before late December?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Folks

Hope you can help. I have some important documents to send to the UK. (Wished I'd done it earlier when I had the chance, but I put it off and now I'm trying to meet a deadline.) Anyway, obviously DHL, FedEx etc aren't going out of Swampy as usual. Presumably they've made alternative arrangements?

Anyone know what's happening? What's the best way to send an A4 envelope of docs to reach the UK before late December?

Thanks in advance.

FedEx is working. I got told that UPS, DHL also works but no proof of it.

But there are delays.

Thanks. I'm thinking it might be best to go straight to the horse's mouth and ask FedEx et al directly what arrangements they've put in place.

I got told that TNT is sending per truck to KL and flies from there.

But you should verify if it is true or not.

Thanks again. Yep, I definitely need to verify what's happening before handing over the docs. I don't want someone in an office telling me what I want to hear, just to get the business. Worst case is I'll be going to Penang late December anyway (if not via Swampy, then by train if necessary). I'll miss my deadline if I do it this way and wait so long before sending the stuff, but hey - what's a fine in the midst of all this chaos?

Thanks again. Yep, I definitely need to verify what's happening before handing over the docs. I don't want someone in an office telling me what I want to hear, just to get the business. Worst case is I'll be going to Penang late December anyway (if not via Swampy, then by train if necessary). I'll miss my deadline if I do it this way and wait so long before sending the stuff, but hey - what's a fine in the midst of all this chaos?

What I would not do is sending it per postal service at the moment, but everything else should work in that timeframe.

Just an idea. At many places it also works to fax or scan the documents to get things started, but they wait with the final step for the originals.

I recently dealt with Austrian bureaucrats and was amazed what is possible with scanned/faxed documents, so it is always good to check that.

If you remind me tomorrow per PM, I can check the last days shipments, when they left Thailand (FedEx) as I almost sent at least 1 per day.

Good idea. It's UK company stuff and there's a mandatory fine if the deadline isn't met, but I think this situation in Thailand could well count as circumstances beyond our control. I'll try asking them if they'll accept faxed copies with originals to follow. (I know you can do some govt. returns online - and I do. But previously they've always wanted originals of these particular documents.)

If you remind me tomorrow per PM, I can check the last days shipments, when they left Thailand (FedEx) as I almost sent at least 1 per day.

Great, thanks. I'll PM you tomorrow.