Town Hall Helps Stranded Tourists

easyride

I never thought I'd see the day when I would congratulate Thai officialdom.

But I heard on the radio (Pattaya People radio 96FM) that not only is the town hall

paying stranded tourists 2000 baht a day for hotel accomodation but they are providing

4 buses a day to Utapou. If its true then well done Pattaya.

But I heard on the radio (Pattaya People radio 96FM) that not only is the town hall

paying stranded tourists 2000 baht a day for hotel accomodation but they are providing

I have yet to hear any confirmation of anybody on any forum that he was paid 2000 Baht/day for the trouble.....Anybody I know was given the runaround wherever they went to get information?

Anybody out there?

43 years ago i was in saigon (vietnam) everyday radio vietmin goooooooooood morning vietnam............................................

and bodoy coming soon ........................................; remember ?????????????

ok congratulation to official thai ................................................

Even better, that 2000 baht per day will cover food too.

Man, if either the Bangkok or Pattaya offers hold up, I won't mind. My originally scheduled flight is for December 21 so I don't qualify for having a problem yet, although I really was possibly going to change my flight to December 14, because my airport pickup back home worked better than and the EVA flights were all booked after that. If things stay messed up, I would love to qualify for 2000 baht a day.