65k/month Requirement For Retirement Extension

I dropped by the CM Immigration office just to confirm the required documents. They gave me a pamphlet listing the required documents. I am concerned about one of the requirements that states "3. Letter form (misspelled) Embassy showing an external pension of no less than 65,000 baht per month, together with proof of money transfer into Thailand."

Based on the information I read on the forum and the police order document, I thought that the 65k/month didn't need to be transfered in Thailand, presumably into a Thai bank. It also mentions the word "pension" and not "income". My 65k/month income is coming from bank interest.

Can someone re-clarify please?

There is no requirement to transfer in 65K per month. Your text stated no amount for the transfer. Maybe they want you to transfer in some amount and show some amount in a Thai bank account. People using the bank account method must show the money was transfered in from abroad, though not always enforced.

Yes, no need to show 65,000 month transfer to a Thai bankaccount. Sometimes they want to see proof that you have money in Thailand to live from, so a bankbook or ATM slip stating your balance is adviced to take with you.

It is income they want to see, but for pensioners the income is called a pension. That's all. Your interest from your bankaccount will qualify as such, the decision what will be accepted is with your embassy.

I forgot to ask, since my income comes from bank interest, is it to my advantage to state in the embassy letter that I am (truthfully) earning a higher amount than the minimum 65k/month.

Yes state any amount above 65k baht