Carryboy

Yorkie

A short story which may be of assistance:

Last Friday I transferred the "ownership" of my pick-up from my wife's name to my own. Part of the procedure involved a mechanic checking that the chassis number and the engine number were as detailed in the log book. During this process, I was asked if the 'Carryboy' rear cover was to be a permanent attachment (I was aware that there were tax implications). I replied that it was and the mechanic requested a receipt for the 'Carryboy' in order that he could enter it into the log book. As I bought the cover some 7 years ago, the receipt was long gone. The mechanic suggested that we "buy" a receipt from one of the numerous accessories shops in the vicinity. My wife duly wandered off to this end.

The shopkeeper provided the necessary receipt, however, dated it 2 days before the current date. My wife queried why he had dated it such as the 'Carryboy' was over 7 years old. He answered that if he dated it 7 years before, we would not only be liable for the back tax but also a fine for not having it included on the log book at the time of purchase/installation.

It is now apparent to me that any modification to or permanent addition to a vehicle must be reported to the vehicle licence office in order that they may determine whether there should be an amendment to the yearly taxation rate.

A short story which may be of assistance:

Last Friday I transferred the "ownership" of my pick-up from my wife's name to my own. Part of the procedure involved a mechanic checking that the chassis number and the engine number were as detailed in the log book. During this process, I was asked if the 'Carryboy' rear cover was to be a permanent attachment (I was aware that there were tax implications). I replied that it was and the mechanic requested a receipt for the 'Carryboy' in order that he could enter it into the log book. As I bought the cover some 7 years ago, the receipt was long gone. The mechanic suggested that we "buy" a receipt from one of the numerous accessories shops in the vicinity. My wife duly wandered off to this end.

The shopkeeper provided the necessary receipt, however, dated it 2 days before the current date. My wife queried why he had dated it such as the 'Carryboy' was over 7 years old. He answered that if he dated it 7 years before, we would not only be liable for the back tax but also a fine for not having it included on the log book at the time of purchase/installation.

It is now apparent to me that any modification to or permanent addition to a vehicle must be reported to the vehicle licence office in order that they may determine whether there should be an amendment to the yearly taxation rate.

Ohh what a tangled web we weave when we first plan to decieve. I can't believe something so simple can be so difficult. Naturally TIT.

Thanks for the information. I have been asked several times about this CarryBoy tax thing by the BiB and just shrugged my shoulders they smile (stupid farang) and away I went. I was going to do something about it on the next renewal. I heard it was only about 50 Baht extra?????

Thanks for the information. I have been asked several times about this CarryBoy tax thing by the BiB and just shrugged my shoulders they smile (stupid farang) and away I went. I was going to do something about it on the next renewal. I heard it was only about 50 Baht extra?????

I was quoted at Bht 150.00 p.a. But I don't need to pay it now until my tax is due next April. I was advised to carry a copy of the "notification" in the pick-up though; which I am doing.