Seems I Am In Insurance Limbo, With Regards To My Country Of Residence

dudemeister

When i enquire for travel/medical insurance, seems i am in limbo with regards to my country of residence.

I am UK citizen, but registered as non-resident (for tax purposes), and this prevents me obtaining cover from UK insurance companies.

I work in a central asian country, for which i have seperate high risk insurance cover, through my employers, for this particulary country only.

Over the past few years, the majority of my time-off work is spent in Thailand, with occassional short trips to surrounding countries. But approximately 3 months in any one year in Thailand. It is where i call 'home' (Have house, car, girlfriend etc).

So, UK will not give me any cover as i am non-resident, and Thai companies are stating i do not reside long enough there!

Any thoughts?

When i enquire for travel/medical insurance, seems i am in limbo with regards to my country of residence.

I am UK citizen, but registered as non-resident (for tax purposes), and this prevents me obtaining cover from UK insurance companies.

I work in a central asian country, for which i have seperate high risk insurance cover, through my employers, for this particulary country only.

Over the past few years, the majority of my time-off work is spent in Thailand, with occassional short trips to surrounding countries. But approximately 3 months in any one year in Thailand. It is where i call 'home' (Have house, car, girlfriend etc).

So, UK will not give me any cover as i am non-resident, and Thai companies are stating i do not reside long enough there!

Any thoughts?

Very simple - Thai Visa Insurance can arrange International cover for you. Please contact them at :

http://insurance.thaivisa.com/quote-form

I'm with GlobalHealth www.globalhealthasia.com my policy covers the world except US unfortunately I don't remember the cost (must have been reasonable).

Thanks for that Crossy - have emailed them for an online quote.

It seems to be the travel insurance is the problem - as i am registered non-resident UK, companies in UK not covering me.

For short visits in between other times when you have employment provided cover.. Why not get a good travel policy..

My buddy has done the last whole bunch of years, using a UK travel policy with multi trip and ok for 90 days incountry at any time.. Due to his visa issues hes never here >90 days and he has claimed on it for bike crashes, injury, sicknesses, etc all without fail.. Only costs him about 120 GBP per annum too !!

The one downside is if you had an ongoing longer term medical condition I think they would want you to be back in the 'home country' but if he had one of those so would he I think..