Thai Political Parties Dissolved

PoorSucker

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The leader of the Opposition Thai Democratic party, Abhisit Vejjajiva, says Thailand needs honest leadership.

"The thing that really feeds the protests are the actions of the Government," he said.

"And I think it's important that the new government learns the lessons of the last year and makes sure that the new government in place provides honest leadership for the whole country."

- ABC/AFP

Wouldn't it be nice. Can't see it happening, but hope springs eternal.

I think you'll have to wait for the next life....

do-betters. listen, there is not such a thing as honest leadership. leadership can be functional . i hope without you. that wouldn't be honest you have to wait for the next life.

412156523mt3ky9.jpg

The Democrat party- what a laugh that name is , just as much as the name of their miltant arm, the PAD. Thye are firmly against Democracy .

When you call for actual violence .. then your opinion CAN hurt people. (That may be why there is a rule against it on ThaiVisa.com)

Did PAD leaders promote peace when they said they are "ready to die"?

Or did PAD guards promote peace when they shot with handguns on Viphavadee Road?

The horse is dead, keep beating it. Or better, open up a separate "bash rainman" thread. I realize that ignoring other people's (especially the majority's) opinions is one of PAD's core values, so I'll leave you with that.

Unfortunately, like Thaksin, you'll likely never 'really leave it there'.

To you and your hero, may you both realise, that's about enough now... (sadly neither will though)

Thaksin likens himself to Mandella and likes to portray himself as the 'victim' in all this. Like Rainman, Thaksin will no doubt continue to SPIT on the REAL victims of the mess which THAKSIN HIMSELF is the root cause.... To the hundreds maimed, to the many killed, please forgive their ignorance, arrogance and dis-respect.... all this was so unnecessary, if only a convicted criminal would have taken his remaining ill-gotten millions and just walked away... (Rainman take heart, he hasn't he won't and he will try, again and again and again...) See you 'next' time...

Spot on B&S

I,d add to that, his cronies aka surrogate parties Mk1,2,3,4,5,6 ect ect who are acting on his behalf and have VESTED INTERESTS in all that follows him and his hel_l bent destruction of Thailand and it,s institutions.

God help them if Chalerm takes over the ( phoney ) premiership because if he does, we really haven,t seen nothing yet.

Why we keep hearing about it being a class situation and the poor vs the rest, i don,t know.

What a load of baloney that is, I cannot get my head around this totally misleading and repeated statement, especially by the BBC REPORTERS who stand before the camera making so called live reports, who obviously haven,t got a clue what it,s all about.

The poor will always be poor, gradually getting poorer and THAKSIN AND HIS ILK WHO ARE RICH BEYOND THEIR DREAMS ( OF THE POOR ) AND WILL GET RICHER.

If you do not believe me, come visit the villages around UDON and in particular the T.Banliem area and see for yourselves.

marshbags :o

Edited by marshbags

I don't know what to think about all of this. If i can't win an election because of the political proportions it might be very effective to disqualify my opponents. And it might be also very effective to have the parliament built on a fixed ratio: eg. 2/3 of my partisans and only 1/3 to be elected.

I will never loose the power. But imho it's the way (back) to an autocratic system far from what is meant to be democratic.

And i still wonder how all this could happen (block the major airport's in the touristic high-Season) without any reaction by the police.

I think the PAD-leaders are not dependant to the money spend by the tourists while many small business are. :o

When you call for actual violence .. then your opinion CAN hurt people. (That may be why there is a rule against it on ThaiVisa.com)

Or did PAD guards promote peace when they shot with handguns on Viphavadee Road?

The horse is dead, keep beating it. Or better, open up a separate "bash rainman" thread. I realize that ignoring other people's (especially the majority's) opinions is one of PAD's core values, so I'll leave you with that.

To you and your hero, may you both realise, that's about enough now... (sadly neither will though)

Thaksin likens himself to Mandella and likes to portray himself as the 'victim' in all this. Like Rainman, Thaksin will no doubt continue to SPIT on the REAL victims of the mess which THAKSIN HIMSELF is the root cause.... To the hundreds maimed, to the many killed, please forgive their ignorance, arrogance and dis-respect.... all this was so unnecessary, if only a convicted criminal would have taken his remaining ill-gotten millions and just walked away... (Rainman take heart, he hasn't he won't and he will try, again and again and again...) See you 'next' time...

Spot on B&S

I,d add to that, his cronies aka surrogate parties Mk1,2,3,4,5,6 ect ect who are acting on his behalf and have VESTED INTERESTS in all that follows him and his hel_l bent destruction of Thailand and it,s institutions.

God help them if Chalerm takes over the ( phoney ) premiership because if he does, we really haven,t seen nothing yet.

Why we keep hearing about it being a class situation and the poor vs the rest, i don,t know.

What a load of baloney that is, I cannot get my head around this totally misleading and repeated statement, especially by the BBC REPORTERS who stand before the camera making so called live reports, who obviously haven,t got a clue what it,s all about.

The poor will always be poor, gradually getting poorer and THAKSIN AND HIS ILK WHO ARE RICH BEYOND THEIR DREAMS ( OF THE POOR ) AND WILL GET RICHER.

If you do not believe me, come visit the villages around UDON and in particular the T.Banliem area and see for yourselves.

Just because Rainman does not like PAD it does not mean he supports PPP it is not uncommon to dislike both PAD and PPP. I don't care for either. I might have missed it but I have not noticed rainman praising PPP or thaksin, his dislike for PAD is apparent and shared by many.

Spot on B&S

Well, maybe the PPP links some money on their own accounts (who knows; maybe you'll look up http://www.transparency.org/ before you'll throw any stone on anybody...) but there are some social efforts. But what do you think about the PAD? Very easy to moan about Thaksin but what's the clue?

Give me a hint but why do you think the other cat does everything to get access to the feeding bowl? And as i wrote before: do you think they are really democratic? Maybe we never know the real aim of both parties but at the moment it's the peoples choice to have a gouvernement built by the PPP.

THINK!!

Edited by Sturbuc

How will the reelection work? Is it all MPs from the constituencies, including the non-fraud candidats that will get elected again? Or is the thai system a system where you vote for individuals and not a party?

Maybe all the PPP's members might join the PAD and take over the power in t his Party :o Then there's a real chance for the next election not to be appealed.

Edited by Sturbuc

Electoral fraud or not, Thaksin and his cronies enjoy wide popular support amongst the uneducated in Thailand, which is the majority. Such is democracy and eight years of GWBush. We didn't like it, but we didn't storm airports. Educate your people! it's pathetic!

The PPP didn't receive a majority in the election, neither popular nor electoral.

Just because Rainman does not like PAD it does not mean he supports PPP it is not uncommon to dislike both PAD and PPP. I don't care for either. I might have missed it but I have not noticed rainman praising PPP or thaksin, his dislike for PAD is apparent and shared by many.

Heh. I wrote a few times in the past days that Thaksin was corrupt and a criminal, but since nobody reads that and everyone only reads my anti-PAD statements, I gave up on it. :o

Very grateful for the link to some dictionary! :o You cannot explain yourself what does it mean for you - "genuine democracy"? Yes, the mentioned countries have gone far on that way, especially Netherlands with their legal party of pedofiles... Thank you for such democracy!

I don't have the time now to answer you in detail, but I promise to give youa detailed answer in the next 48 hours.

Very grateful for the link to some dictionary! :o You cannot explain yourself what does it mean for you - "genuine democracy"? Yes, the mentioned countries have gone far on that way, especially Netherlands with their legal party of pedofiles... Thank you for such democracy!

I don't have the time now to answer you in detail, but I promise to give youa detailed answer in the next 48 hours.

Don't bother, Svetlana obviously, as she is ridiculing the alleged existence of a party she doesn't share view with in the Netherlands, only want a very special kind of democracy.

We haven't seen anything yet. Just wait until Chalerm gets control. The streets will flow with blood as he executes his foes. Maybe Thailand will get a name change to Thaibodia. Even PAD will wish for the good old days of Toxin and Somchai.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,185060,00.html

Edited by aguy30

We haven't seen anything yet. Just wait until Chalerm gets control. The streets will flow with blood as he executes his foes. Maybe Thailand will get a name change to Thaibodia. Even PAD will wish for the good old days of Toxin and Somchai.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,185060,00.html

If they really plan to use Chalerm and PAD really happens to come out again, I believe that we can really expect some blood.

Hopefully, it won't happen but I do hope that anyone who will take the premiership should at least be able to bring charges to those terrorists.

They dropped the 70/30 proposal a while ago.

("They" being PAD from the context of the full post).

First I've heard of this - anyone confirm? And when?

I've seen it posted several times by the usual PADdites, but I haven't got a link. I guess even the PADdites got embarrassed by it.

Announcement Number 20/2008

People’s Alliance for Democracy

On “New Politics”

The People’s Alliance for Democracy (PAD) has been gathering continuously to protect the Constitution to prevent it from being used as a tool in laundering the wrongdoings of Thaksin Shinawatra and his associates, to eradicate the Thaksin regime, to chase out the proxy government, and to pave the way for new politics in the Kingdom of Thailand.

For unity and clarity of the rally, the PAD wants to announce the direction of new politics for the Kingdom of Thailand as follows:

1. The current political system should be condemned as electioneers monopolize electoral constituencies and businesspeople. Vote-buying and electoral fraud exist through using local influence to threaten the public. State authority is abused and money is used to win elections at all costs on the weakness and corrupt activities of some Election Commission officials, who cannot ensure a fair and just election.

With elections riddled with fraud and vote-buying, Thai politics has turned into “money politics.” Politicians have to pay back to their sponsors through corruption, violation of the law, and violation of the oath they gave to His Majesty the King when they took office. They sell their country as was seen from how this administration violated the Constitution, as ruled by the Constitution Court, in signing the joint communiqué which allowed Cambodia to register Preah Vihear Temple as a World Heritage Site by itself. They seek benefits for themselves and their cronies and abuse the Parliamentary system by utilizing their majority vote to support the ruling coalition in unethical endeavors, turning Parliament into a dictatorship of capitalism.

As most politicians in the system strive to seek benefits for themselves and their cronies, the checks and balance system from the judiciary, the media, and the public are damaged, destroyed, and threatened.

The judiciary system has been damaged and destroyed through the transfer of state officials to put politicians’ associates into power. The Administrative and Legislative branches have jointly tried to amend the Constitution to lower the authority of the judiciary and the checks and balance system. Corrupt politicians try to bribe the judiciary system. The media sees interference. People who are exercising their rights to gather against the government have been injured by the police and thugs backed by the government. All of this contribute to the efforts to destroy the country’s checks and balance system to cover up the evil of politicians. Attempts also exist to lessen the power of the monarchy for absolute control by politicians.

Even if politicians resign or a House dissolution occurs, Thai politics will continue in this vicious cycle if no efforts are made to reform it.

For a sustainable future of the country, the PAD sees that it is necessary for new politics in the Kingdom of Thailand.

2. New politics for the Kingdom of Thailand is true democracy under a Constitutional Monarchy with the following goals:

2.1 Support for good people to manage the country and blocking of evil people from coming to power so all sectors of society are ensured justice.

2.2 The public must be allowed participation in politics. New politics will not only see politicians elected from constituencies but will see representation from all sectors, such as representatives from different vocations and groups. This will be designed by a Constitution that sees public participation to ensure a true democracy under a Constitutional Monarchy.

3. To ensure that new politics is introduced in the Kingdom of Thailand, the PAD announces the following stance:

3.1 The PAD sees its first goal as chasing out this proxy government that has sold the country. It is not necessary for negotiations with any group that sees otherwise.

We support changes to the current political situation on the condition that political reform must happen and the public must be allowed participation in politics. There must also be sincere efforts to solve the evil in the Thaksin regime through the judiciary system.

The proposal on the PAD stage of a 70 : 30 ratio of public representatives to elected representatives is merely an example of how the old-style politics should be replaced and is open to discussions. It is not a fixed formula advocated by the PAD. We are ready for a discussion from all sides on designing new politics and will respect the majority decision for new politics that is ethical, moral, and more representative of the varied social sectors to go in line with the lifestyles and culture of Thailand but still upholding democracy under a Constitutional Monarchy.

With deep respect,

People’s Alliance for Democracy

Monday, September 08, 2008

Government House

Sadly, one man's terrorist is another man's defender of the realm.

I wish you were wrong, but unfortunately, I think you are right. The political mess in Thailand is not over by a long shot yet, and by the time it is resolved I suspect the country will be in a very sorry state indeed.

New piece up at A-Times that imho is worth a read:

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Southeast_Asia/JL04Ae04.html

that 'online only' publication is known for bias and one sided reports that favour PAD. you could say it belongs to the PAD propaganda.

like this:

"A few steps behind was Therdsak Jiamkijwattana, the leader of the PAD's branch in the northern city of Chiang Mai. He gained unfortunate publicity last week when his father was shot in the head by pro-government supporters, according to Thai and international news reports."

google his name, "Therdsak Jiamkijwattana'" to check if he have gained some publicity. or try "Terdsak Jiamkitwattana"

he is only big part of the PAD cult show on ASTV.

Everybody knows that the thai courts have been bought off and are totaly corrupt, who does the EC report to?

Please quote your sources!

As of today, the courts have ruled against the ruling party and that means that the international community mentions this on its frontpages.

Thanks to PAD that is!

The "corrupt "courts have again continued to rule against the democraticaly elected government,this time 9-0.

Tell me when the courts didnt rule against the democratically elected government.

The PAD is already mentioned on BBC news as armed para-militaries, holding an international airport to ransom,.

The democratically elected government goes on.

Did the previous corrupt court rulings get front page...no.....

What will get front pages is the homecoming citizens accounts of their ordeal in thailand because the PAD hijacked the airport!!

Whats wrong with a 9-0 ruling? The court considers the facts presented and makes judgment. A 9-0 ruling means there was no doubt - the law was broken. Do you honestly think they should give the democratically elected government a break because they have been busted too many times already? "Yeah... looking at this evidence you obviously broke the law but we are going to let it slide this time because you have all those red cards already". I don't see anyone disputing the facts presented to the court. I don't see anyone except the guilty disputing the judgment of these facts. I see plenty of people claiming the court is biased because the decision didn't go the way they wanted it to. I see plenty of people claiming the law shouldn't be the way it is.

The 8-1 decision against one of the other parties is more interesting - one of the judges did not think the law was broken in this case. Still a clear majority of the considered opinions of the judges, but a crack of doubt.

When did the courts rule *for* the current government? IIRC most of the charges against Taksin didn't stick - for a while there people where wondering if he would be cleared of all charges. Also, most of the fraud charges made from the last election did not end up as red cards. And I believe there are still arrest warrents for the PAD leaders (so if you are going to blame anyone, blame the police - the courts are doing their job it seems).

If there was any unfairness, it seems that the Democrats where aware that the rules would be enforced but the PPP assumed it would be business as usual.

Take a look back on tv at the aspects of appointment and accountability of the courts. Same for the electoral commission.

Point out where the impartiality of the courts has been demonstarated since the fair and square democratic election of the government.

as you say nothing but anti government judgements and red cards, see the pattern?.

show us the facts put to the judges, and who put them there, where did the evidence come from,who validated it.

Judicial process needs to demonstrably fair and impartial, the courts are corrupt and answer to their paymasters.

Where do you go to dispute the facts and the judgements of the court?

One mans electoral fraud is another mans re-distribution of wealth....but the PAD dont want that do they.

The PPP were correct then, it was business as usual.

The stranded tourists , because of the illegal airport hijacking , are already arriving back at the homes and relating their ordeals to the community and press.

nothing positive for the PAD.

Announcement Number 20/2008

People's Alliance for Democracy

On "New Politics"

The People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) has been gathering continuously to protect the Constitution to prevent it from being used as a tool in laundering the wrongdoings of Thaksin Shinawatra and his associates, to eradicate the Thaksin regime, to chase out the proxy government, and to pave the way for new politics in the Kingdom of Thailand.

For unity and clarity of the rally, the PAD wants to announce the direction of new politics for the Kingdom of Thailand as follows:

1. The current political system should be condemned as electioneers monopolize electoral constituencies and businesspeople. Vote-buying and electoral fraud exist through using local influence to threaten the public. State authority is abused and money is used to win elections at all costs on the weakness and corrupt activities of some Election Commission officials, who cannot ensure a fair and just election.

With elections riddled with fraud and vote-buying, Thai politics has turned into "money politics." Politicians have to pay back to their sponsors through corruption, violation of the law, and violation of the oath they gave to His Majesty the King when they took office. They sell their country as was seen from how this administration violated the Constitution, as ruled by the Constitution Court, in signing the joint communiqué which allowed Cambodia to register Preah Vihear Temple as a World Heritage Site by itself. They seek benefits for themselves and their cronies and abuse the Parliamentary system by utilizing their majority vote to support the ruling coalition in unethical endeavors, turning Parliament into a dictatorship of capitalism.

As most politicians in the system strive to seek benefits for themselves and their cronies, the checks and balance system from the judiciary, the media, and the public are damaged, destroyed, and threatened.

The judiciary system has been damaged and destroyed through the transfer of state officials to put politicians' associates into power. The Administrative and Legislative branches have jointly tried to amend the Constitution to lower the authority of the judiciary and the checks and balance system. Corrupt politicians try to bribe the judiciary system. The media sees interference. People who are exercising their rights to gather against the government have been injured by the police and thugs backed by the government. All of this contribute to the efforts to destroy the country's checks and balance system to cover up the evil of politicians. Attempts also exist to lessen the power of the monarchy for absolute control by politicians.

Even if politicians resign or a House dissolution occurs, Thai politics will continue in this vicious cycle if no efforts are made to reform it.

For a sustainable future of the country, the PAD sees that it is necessary for new politics in the Kingdom of Thailand.

2. New politics for the Kingdom of Thailand is true democracy under a Constitutional Monarchy with the following goals:

2.1 Support for good people to manage the country and blocking of evil people from coming to power so all sectors of society are ensured justice.

2.2 The public must be allowed participation in politics. New politics will not only see politicians elected from constituencies but will see representation from all sectors, such as representatives from different vocations and groups. This will be designed by a Constitution that sees public participation to ensure a true democracy under a Constitutional Monarchy.

3. To ensure that new politics is introduced in the Kingdom of Thailand, the PAD announces the following stance:

3.1 The PAD sees its first goal as chasing out this proxy government that has sold the country. It is not necessary for negotiations with any group that sees otherwise.

We support changes to the current political situation on the condition that political reform must happen and the public must be allowed participation in politics. There must also be sincere efforts to solve the evil in the Thaksin regime through the judiciary system.

The proposal on the PAD stage of a 70 : 30 ratio of public representatives to elected representatives is merely an example of how the old-style politics should be replaced and is open to discussions. It is not a fixed formula advocated by the PAD. We are ready for a discussion from all sides on designing new politics and will respect the majority decision for new politics that is ethical, moral, and more representative of the varied social sectors to go in line with the lifestyles and culture of Thailand but still upholding democracy under a Constitutional Monarchy.

With deep respect,

People's Alliance for Democracy

Monday, September 08, 2008

Government House

I take it this is the People Against Democracy ransom demand ?

If so two questions,

1.What are the proposals by the PAD on the one person one vote principal?.

2.How would the PAD intend to integrate the Issan regions into the "New Politics"?

The Democrat party- what a laugh that name is , just as much as the name of their miltant arm, the PAD. Thye are firmly against Democracy .

You describe the PAD as the militant arm of the PAD, but do you actually have any proof of that, or is it just an unsubstantiated smear ? In fact sometimes the Dems, while sharing many of their views, can be mildly-critical of the PAD.

Maybe all the PPP's members might join the PAD and take over the power in t his Party :D Then there's a real chance for the next election not to be appealed.

And again, the PAD are not a political party, so would not be able to stand in an election. Please get it right !

But it does beg the question, where is the TRT/PPP-equivalent to the 2006-era PAD, examining the record of previous and current governments and politicians, and exposing humbug or corruption ? Or would TRT/PPP/whatever have too much to loose in exposing corruption, I don't necessarily believe so, and welcome the exposure of corruption wherever it is found.

The PPP didn't receive a majority in the election, neither popular nor electoral.

Correct !

No matter how often posters claim, that TRT/PPP/PTP have an overwhelming majority, and electoral mandate to do whatever they want, the fact remains that they have a declining share of the overall vote. If they are confident that they would do better in an election now, then they should call an election, and put it to the test.

If the military or junta-appointed government did seriously influence the last election, then surely PTP would increase their vote this time, and be rid of the need to bribe minor-parties to support their weak-coalition ?

So what are they so afraid of - why won't they call an election ? :o

Edited by Ricardo

Take a look back on tv at the aspects of appointment and accountability of the courts. Same for the electoral commission.

Point out where the impartiality of the courts has been demonstarated since the fair and square democratic election of the government.

as you say nothing but anti government judgements and red cards, see the pattern?.

show us the facts put to the judges, and who put them there, where did the evidence come from,who validated it.

Judicial process needs to demonstrably fair and impartial, the courts are corrupt and answer to their paymasters.

Why don't you show us any proof of the alleged corruption by the courts yourself.

Starting from who put the judges there. Come on, show us who actually put the judges there and what was so corrupt about the process?

Who investigated the electoral fraud and presented the evidence? Do you know yourself?

Ok, to help you out a little - TRT case was investigated by a panel appointed by the EC, which in turn was appointed by Thaskin controlled Senate. Its head was busted for vote buying in 2000 Senate elections himself, btw.

It was the same EC that later got jailed for screwing April 2006 elections.

Curernt EC, that investigated current party dissolution cases, was appointed BEFORE the coup.

As for court paymasters - who are these people? We know of Thaksin bribing off judges in 2001 share concealement case, and again earlier this year in a "pastrygate".

Who else is trying to pay them off? Come on, tell us.

From the Bangkok Post;

"Police have begun to check on the finances of the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) and will launch legal action should any criminal accusations be filed against the group's leaders".

I would hope that they follow through with the follow the money plan. I would guess that some naive farangs will be unpleasantly surprised.

From the Bangkok Post;

"Police have begun to check on the finances of the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) and will launch legal action should any criminal accusations be filed against the group's leaders".

I would hope that they follow through with the follow the money plan. I would guess that some naive farangs will be unpleasantly surprised.

Well I would like to see that as well. My wife took quite a bit of her money and donated to PAD>..

Course it is her money not mine, but it will show up with my Farang last name.... :o

When I have asked her how much she sent, she just replies .....not enough...they not fix the window at ASTV yet. Maybe I send a few thousand baht more.

Why don't you show us any proof of the alleged corruption by the courts yourself.

Starting from who put the judges there. Come on, show us who actually put the judges there and what was so corrupt about the process?

Who investigated the electoral fraud and presented the evidence? Do you know yourself?

Ok, to help you out a little - TRT case was investigated by a panel appointed by the EC, which in turn was appointed by Thaskin controlled Senate. Its head was busted for vote buying in 2000 Senate elections himself, btw.

It was the same EC that later got jailed for screwing April 2006 elections.

Curernt EC, that investigated current party dissolution cases, was appointed BEFORE the coup.

As for court paymasters - who are these people? We know of Thaksin bribing off judges in 2001 share concealement case, and again earlier this year in a "pastrygate".

Who else is trying to pay them off? Come on, tell us.

Hang on, whose the kettle calling the pot black: I will use a cut and past here from your own post,

"Why don't you show us any proof of the alleged corruption by ~snip n' past~ Thaksin bribing off judges in 2001 share concealement case" Come on, tell us.

I assume weirdsok was talking about TRT/PPP dissolution cases, not 2001. During Thaksin's years only Administrative Court had any sort of independence.

Then there was memorable address to the courts in May 2006, telling them to put their shit together, because MOST of the problems here are of judicial, not political nature.

Look at all the reasons to kick up PAD protests - fraud, corruption, share concealment, vote buying, falsifying papers - it has nothing to do with policies or ideology whatsoever. If they, starting from Thaksin, just got on with governing the country none of the protests would have happened at all.

The impartiality of the courts is demonstrated via all of their decisions so far. Point out where this is not the case? Point out where an unfair judgement has been made?

Yes, there certainly is a pattern. The corruption is rampant and the courts are having a hard time keeping up with all the wrong doing.

Show us anybody arguing that evidence was denied, or facts misconstrued by the judges, or witnesses bought or intimidated. The only examples I can see where in some of the failed attempts to get Taksin to trial where there were claims made that people where unprepared to testify due to the consequences.

Nobody is arguing this. Apart from the Samak trial, where the judges pointed fingers at Samak's transparent attempt to hide the evidence, the facts have all been clear cut and law obviously broken leaving the judges little option except to give a guilty verdict and with mandatory sentences they seem to have little control at all.

Where do you go to dispute the facts and the judgements of the court?

Higher court or the media. We are not seeing either. And all sides in this argument control media outlets - its not as if they are being censored.

One mans electoral fraud is another mans re-distribution of wealth....but the PAD dont want that do they.

The PPP were correct then, it was business as usual.

The stranded tourists , because of the illegal airport hijacking , are already arriving back at the homes and relating their ordeals to the community and press.

nothing positive for the PAD.

Electoral fraud by any other name still stinks. The PAD don't have a friend in the courts either - the courts have issued arrest warrents already. If you have any problem, it is with the Police for either not performing investigations to ensure only certain cases reach the courts or for not enforcing the courts rulings - they seem responsible for the latter for sure.