Bangkok Bank

groovyc

The frustrated public has started boycotting products/services of PAD-supporting organizations.

According to a thai web blog, Bangkok bank is having big withdrawals taking place recently.

Someone who wanted to close her 20mil bhat account was told she cannot withdraw more than 2mil per day.

mm, I smell trouble...lucky I don't have an account with them.

The frustrated public has started boycotting products/services of PAD-supporting organizations.

According to a thai web blog, Bangkok bank is having big withdrawals taking place recently.

Someone who wanted to close her 20mil bhat account was told she cannot withdraw more than 2mil per day.

They'll all be in trouble soon as the Thai economy is set to plummet.

I popped into the branch of Bangkok Bank where I have an account - they were very friendly, more than normal, but I could say that for Carrefour, my condo security, all of whom have been very nice. They are embarrassed by the recent turmoil.

:o I do not think Bangkok Bank PCL is in any trouble. Just rumor mongering speclation and silliness for the most part. Some people think that they may have been funding the PAD. Pretty unlikely in a publicly traded company :D

They'll all be in trouble soon as the Thai economy is set to plummet.

I remember recent wild claims the Thai banks did not participate in CDS/CDO/MBS etc.

Anyone believe this?

I popped into the branch of Bangkok Bank where I have an account - they were very friendly, more than normal, but I could say that for Carrefour, my condo security, all of whom have been very nice. They are embarrassed by the recent turmoil.

They were friendly :o

Never saw that before....bad sign....

I was in a DTAC shop (big one at Seacon) on Saturday. We got the VIP treatment. Orange juice etc.

How does this relate to the subject under discussion. What an inane posting, lol. Are you drunk. I certainly am.

In defence of this post I'm guessing to guy is referring to a post yesterday where someone was asking for a list of PAD related businesses to boycott, both Bangkok Bank and DTAC were on the list.

Boycotting businesses to punish the PAD makes about as much sense as occupying the airport to punish the PPP. Hurts a lot of innocent people who have nothing to do with the conflict.

not sure if i totally agree. if someone took money out of my pocket (directly or indirectly), i would be sure not to support them in the future.

Boycotting businesses to punish the PAD makes about as much sense as occupying the airport to punish the PPP. Hurts a lot of innocent people who have nothing to do with the conflict.

Well by the logic of the PAD thugs hurting innocent people doesn't matter a dam.

I certainly think Sondhi's business interests are worth boycotting....oh wait aren't his creditors about to seize his assets?

Most banks around the world require notice or have limits in relation to large withdrawals.....having said that I know I wouldnt keep 20 million baht in BKK Bank @ the rates they are paying interest

Exactly true and there isn't a bank in the world that actually has every depositers money available for withdrawal, arn't they supposed to set it to work and make profits? If you want your bank to fail then get everybody with deposits to ask for their money, its called a 'run on the bank'.

their credit rating has been downgraded to negative

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/SP-F...2-2A1B0624536C}

I just checked the S & P website and Bangkok Banks credit rating with them has remained unchanged since 2005....there its CREDIT RATING is said to be BBB+/Negative/A-2 & has been that way since 27/9/2005.

I don't understand what Market Watch is talking about???? :o

not sure if i totally agree. if someone took money out of my pocket (directly or indirectly), i would be sure not to support them in the future.

That's you as an individual. Bangkok Bank represents lots of people who have nothing to do with conflict.

Well by the logic of the PAD thugs hurting innocent people doesn't matter a dam.

Same logic, both hurt innocent people.