Bangkok Bank

groovyc

Banks are broke every where ...

look at citibank

its better to money in hand now...

citibank just received another 20 billion handout from the govt'. One of the first things they do as spend 10 billion on a spanish business, trucking I think it was. How does that help the US in any way? :D

It'll keep a few senior executives happy and save a few bank employee's jobs for the time being until they run out of money again and return and ask for more. :D

It is also happening to GM, Chrysler and Ford asking for more hand outs :o

Boycotting businesses to punish the PAD makes about as much sense as occupying the airport to punish the PPP. Hurts a lot of innocent people who have nothing to do with the conflict.

not sure if i totally agree. if someone took money out of my pocket (directly or indirectly), i would be sure not to support them in the future.

That's you as an individual. Bangkok Bank represents lots of people who have nothing to do with conflict.

yes but you would agree that Bangkok Bank is not the only show in town while both shut-down airports are. If businesses directly supported the PAD and the shutdown of the airports, then they stand to gain or lose from that position - the public will decide.

If BK Bank (and I am not sure they did) supported the moves by the PAD, surely their risk assesment teams weighed the pro's and con's of such actions. :o

The main difference is that occupying the airports did not punish the PPP (the court did). It punished the country as a whole.

thailand will be going into a bit of trouble - on the news it has been said a few times they will need to drop interest rates

Bloomberg.com is reporting that the BoT has today cut their rate by 1.0% ! :D

Hope this feeds through to the exchange-rate, and that the BoT stop their strong-Baht policy too, a.s.a.p. :o

Bangkok Bank will not be in trouble. Rumors are they back PAD, and PAD is protecting them. I try google it. There are a lot of forum discussion on this topic, and I have seen nothing concrete.

The Army will blocade the place and only let you deposit money and not withdraw any. Should be very safe. :o