Aot Officials Begin Inspections Of Suvarnabhumi Airport

Buckwheat

So the stopping of the country for a few days is catastrophic?? I think not

Thaskin is indeed the root of the problem. If he and his wife were today sitting in Jail as justice has proscribed, none of the protest would have happened..

Thaskin and Pojaman were not content to just have ordinary corruption that has been the norm. IT was when they started to manipulate things to get the Monarchy out of the way, that it unleashed this patriotic wave that became the PAD movement.

Look at the post conviction manipulations of Thaskin:

1. Campaigned for getting his Brother-in_law as PM

2. Numerous trips by PPP members to consult with Thaskin about what to do

3. Pojaman tried to get back into the country to free up the money to bribe who ever needed to be bribed. (Fortuatly the Judges accepted her appeal but denied bail....as she has skipped out on bail before.)

4. Setting up the new party,,,,maneuvering to get his younger sister, or another relative to head this party

5. Condemning the courts, the King, and the British government as being corrupt....every body is wrong but him...(now what does that sound like)

etc etc.

If Thaskin and Pojaman were to disappear tomorrow, (sort of like he made a lot of people disapear during his term in office) things would be a lot better for Thailand.

like i said, you're missing the wider point. thaksin is one man, remove him from the equation, someone similar steps in. meet the new boss, same as the old boss. for all his machinations in or out of office, he's still just a figurehead of a politician who used what weapons he had. i'm not defending him and have no love at all for him, just saying that the wider issue is corruption and greed in thai politics in general, thaksin alone isn't to blame for that.

like i said, you're missing the wider point. thaksin is one man, remove him from the equation, someone similar steps in. meet the new boss, same as the old boss. for all his machinations in or out of office, he's still just a figurehead of a politician who used what weapons he had. i'm not defending him and have no love at all for him, just saying that the wider issue is corruption and greed in thai politics in general, thaksin alone isn't to blame for that.

If we look carefully at this, and I do agree, that it is a cultural problem of corruption in Thailand.

1. For the 1st time put these people in jail.

2. The courts finally seem to be activist, and will to do so.

If somebody Like Thaskin and Pojaman, were placed in jail, then the rest of the cases against him and his clan could continue. They are stalled at this time, because he cannot be brought before the court to hear the charges....(a requirement in Thailand).

Pulling down this corrupt family, would really give a different look to those that think if you have money, you can do anything.

If there are no real penalties for corruption, why change?

This is why I take such strong opinions against minimizing Thaskin and Pojamans actions.

I also wondered about pilferage, no doubt a lot of the lady supporters are wearing expensive make up and carrying expensive hand bags whilst the guys are well stocked up with ciggies and booze !!!

Funny really King Power getting a little Karma

I was wondering the same thing as I've been trying to find out from Thai Post when Reg Air Mail and Air Mail service will re-start.

I've got one Reg Air Mail Held in the Post Office waiting to go and one Reg Air Mail one the way to me from U.K. which has been at Suwannabumi since the occupation! If Thai Post can't say when service will restart they can't be that confident that Airport is going to fully reopen.

I remember seeing videos of a western reporter, maybe Dan Rivers, going through

the deserted duty free and noting, with an amazed look on his face,

plastic wrapped around all booze and cigs and perfume,

and that for all intents and purposes the PAD hadn't TOUCHED a thing there.

This video is available on a TVF link. Don't remember the topic thread.

Doesn't mean that a miraculous stolen item budget into the billions

won't miraculously appear within hours of King Powers accessing the site.

And won't stop PAD haters from posting that this is not so...

I saw the video, so I'll believe my own eyes.

I also wondered about pilferage, no doubt a lot of the lady supporters are wearing expensive make up and carrying expensive hand bags whilst the guys are well stocked up with ciggies and booze !!!

Funny really King Power getting a little Karma

haha!!

i couldnt agree more.

king power is a genuine rip-off merchant and are very unscrupulous.

maybe this is time they gave back what they have been ripping off for so long!

Am always amused when people say they have been ripped off by King Power-Why ???

Have they scammed your credit cards ?

Abusive too you ??

Counterfeit products ??

Personally have always found them helpful giving discounts etc and certainly never been scammed.

If you think the prices are high then dont buy the product-its as simple as that ??

Chivas

Bought two watches from King Power for my anniversary. Spur of the moment.

Both had 5 year old dated nearly dead batteries put in them rather than the new ones,

and then King Power demanded 1,000 baht and a month to replace with new batteries.

The watch wasn't even manufactured when the battery was made....

KP buys bulk watches, and also nearly spent batteries for a song.

Sells you a, nearly on time watch, as you come in and then tells you 1,000 baht

and we will mail it to you as you leave to have the ORIGINAL battery put back in the watch.

Watch them and you see the sales reps updating the watches times

in a cycle when not waiting customers. Scam city.

Easy to give a discount on an over marked up item. Classic sales technique.

Catastrophic is 100,000 people dead because of an act of nature,

compounded by the government refusing aid from outside sources.

Catastrophic is not 100,000 inconvenienced on vacation.

They weren't even using this word in Mumbai last week.

This undermining of hyperbole, doesn't diminish the loses to food

and orchid growers for instance. It's just perspective on word usage.

If I understand this correctly, one of the ringleaders of an event that featured vandalism, criminal mischief, contempt of court (there were court orders to leave the premises), extortion, large financial loses incurred by hundreds of thousands of people if not millions, was allowed to participate in a "ceremony" whereby, he and his organization temporarily withdrew from the airport?

And the Thai people wonder why every foreign country still has travel advisories in place and the civilized world watches with disgust?

Well, everybody here seems to all agree that PAD are terrorist etc., but did one of you ever thought about some of them just having different point of view than you? like being critical about their own governement. Because having your own thought about the governement and politics doesn't seems a very spreaded idea.

Just my two cents.

I don't say they were right to do that, but your story just seems too black and white to ba accurate... the vilain coward PAD that steal and destroy Vs the good holly governement...

I'm not saying that just to defend them, but I also been in a similar position. Our governement was puting some insane law, many students and teacher were against it, but the governement was ignoring us, explaining to us like little kids the official aim of the laws...

But we wanted to be hear, so we had to do some crazy stuff. Thing is, in the medias, they always put it in way so we looked like criminals. For exemple, we decided to take over a famous University in Paris (Sorbone), sleep there the whole night, but of course it was out of question NOT TO respect the place. We are students, why would we destroy our own univerities? Thing is, the police did, when they kicked us out. And of course, afterward, on TV, it was said the studends did. And ho yeah, they also said most of people there were NOT students...

So of course if you listen blindly to the TV and journals that are most likely handled by officials, you're not going to hear anything nice or even neutral about people who did something again the governement.

Just wanted to remind you to stay critical and think by your own. It's important, people. I mean, don't take my word for granted either. This would be non-sense. Just listen, watch, get info from people, and think about it with your judgment.

Edited by thirrouard