When To Change Money To Pound?

Can someone tell me the best time to change baht to the pound?

My girlfriend wants to come to UK early-mid next year, and wants to change some money over. What would be the best time to do it?

appreciate any help

The Pound has been falling against the Baht for some time but now that the BOT has started to cut rates and the Thai economy is starting to look a little shaky that fall may slow or even stop. If it were me I would make the exchange fairly soon, don't wait too long.

Average last (1891 days): 68.93791

High: 76.66120

Low: 51.92660

Seems the pound is starting to fight back, I would change now

Well I hope the pound does fight back!! I'm looking to my change my pounds to Baht, though at this rate im better off leaving my sterling in the UK. :o

Anyone have any predictions for the pound/baht exchange rate in the next year, ive been looking at it at some time, surely it couldnt be any worse, than it is currently?

Well I hope the pound does fight back!! I'm looking to my change my pounds to Baht, though at this rate im better off leaving my sterling in the UK. :o

Anyone have any predictions for the pound/baht exchange rate in the next year, ive been looking at it at some time, surely it couldnt be any worse, than it is currently?

Thailand cuts its rate yesterday, but Bank of England looks set to cut UK rates again this week, so I wouldn't expect a rally in the ound any time soon. You never can second-guess these markets though, and I reckon changing bhat to pounds now is as good as any time. The other way around, like me, I'm going to wait as the rate is terrible at the moment.

Thailand cuts its rate yesterday, but Bank of England looks set to cut UK rates again this week, so I wouldn't expect a rally in the ound any time soon. You never can second-guess these markets though, and I reckon changing bhat to pounds now is as good as any time. The other way around, like me, I'm going to wait as the rate is terrible at the moment.

Artamus, That is very good advice! The BOE will indeed be making another substantial rate cut (and that will not be the end) tomorrow and it is likely that the Pound will be in the low $1.40's to the Dollar by years end (some are predicting $1.40/Dollar). If the BOT sticks to their plan to keep the Dollar between 35 and 36 then the Pound could see a new 52 week low vs. the baht before years end.

Hope no one minds me latching on to this with a related question.

I'm heading back to London for Christmas & New Year and wondered if anyone could advise as to whether it's best to convert my baht to sterling here in Bangkok or in London ? I know it's best to convert sterling to baht here but not sure about the other way round.

Any help is much appreciated !

Artamus, That is very good advice! The BOE will indeed be making another substantial rate cut (and that will not be the end) tomorrow and it is likely that the Pound will be in the low $1.40's to the Dollar by years end (some are predicting $1.40/Dollar). If the BOT sticks to their plan to keep the Dollar between 35 and 36 then the Pound could see a new 52 week low vs. the baht before years end.

Vic the Pound does seem to like to hang around the 1.47 level, despite the 1.% rate cut yesterday, all the indications are that a new low will not be reached this year although that's not to say it will not happen at some point. Remind me, the month of December does something odd in terms of USD and/or GBP strength where one or both tend to surge as a result of year end activity?

I would say Change in Here TOMOROW

Of corse you know what they say TOMOROW Never comes

So I'll get more pounds for my baht if I convert it here in Bangkok ?

Onshore and offshore rates on GBP/THB are about the same right now but by exchanging in Thailand you will avoid high commission charges.

I would say Change in Here TOMOROW

Of corse you know what they say TOMOROW Never comes

So I'll get more pounds for my baht if I convert it here in Bangkok ?

Onshore and offshore rates on GBP/THB are about the same right now but by exchanging in Thailand you will avoid high commission charges.

Excellent. Thanks for the info, ChiangMai. Much appreciated . . :o