Imigration And Luggage

BeauKarl

I have a flight from the UK to BKK in Januari, will get a visa from embassy, but my 90 days in 180 have been used.

I'm planning on flying from BKK on the same day to Singapore, but so far only have a ticket to BKK.

Would I be able to buy an airasia ticket in the airport to singapore without going through the immigration and how would I be able to get my luggage on the flight to Singapore.

Or is there another possibility?

Strange situation, I know :o

the budget airline tickets bought on the day are very expensive, because you know your exact date by the bkk-sin ticket now.

I do believe they will allow you to fetch your luggage and check in with airasia (as they do allow overstayers to stay stay for up to a week extra with a red stamp)

I could get my ticket online now, but just want to be sure about things.

If I showed my ticket to immigration that I need to board a flight to Singapore the same day, would they give me a red stamp and would that give me problems in the future, or would they just let me get my luggage and check in again?

"I have a flight from the UK to BKK in Januari, will get a visa from embassy, but my 90 days in 180 have been used."

If you have a visa it shouldn't matter how many visa exempt days you have, even if they haven't done away with that particular rule.

"I have a flight from the UK to BKK in Januari, will get a visa from embassy, but my 90 days in 180 have been used."

If you have a visa it shouldn't matter how many visa exempt days you have, even if they haven't done away with that particular rule.

Please read my initial post, I will have to got through security to get my luggage, meaning I have to exit the airport and with the old rules it woulda been risky.

Please read my initial post, I will have to got through security to get my luggage, meaning I have to exit the airport and with the old rules it woulda been risky.

I think you are missing the point.

Your 90/180 refers to the 30 day stamps, correct ? If you have a proper visa, then you don't have to worry about the 90/180 rule (under the old rules).

With the new rules though, the whole discussion is moot, unless we start getting reports of people being turned away (unlikely). You'll get a 30 day stamp on arrival at the airport (unless you have a proper visa and get the 60 days). Fly out the same day, return (whenever) and carry on.

How ever, if you are getting, for example, a single entry tourist visa (good for 60 days + 30 day extension), and you arrive and depart the same day, you've just used up that visa.

And if it is a multi-entry visa, you've just burned one of your "entries" for a few hour stay.

Check the Thai visas, residency and work permits forum for more information and the latest updates to the the ever-changing rules.