Heart Rate Watch

lemel

I bought a German make (think it was called Sigma) some years ago for 3,000 at the bike shop in Naklua. It worked fine a long time, until the strap broke, and I was too lazy to change it. It worked fine with the threadmills at the gym at Marriott hotel, so you could get the reading up on the machine display as well as the watch on your wrist.

If you go south on Sukhumvit, you go just past the lights for Sawang Faa, and the bike shop is on your left, just before the big soi going out to the north side of Mabprachan lake (there are lights at this junction as well, but either turned off or blinking orange). True is on the other corner.

Or wait until Central opens here in Jan/Feb, or go to BKK, if you dare...!

Good luck!

Polar watches available in that large exercise equipment shop on Sukhumvit, if heading North - South along Sukhumvit situated on the left hand side, before North Pattaya road junction. Sorry, can't remember the name of the place.

Polar watches available in that large exercise equipment shop on Sukhumvit, if heading North - South along Sukhumvit situated on the left hand side, before North Pattaya road junction. Sorry, can't remember the name of the place.

There is a pharmacy outside of Carrfour, which sells a a good quality Swiss made product called Microlife. I paid 1950 THB about 5 months ago and it works well. I took it to my doctor and we compared readings and they were almost identical. It is a blood pressure monitor, which also tells you your pulse rate. Try it out in the shop when you buy it. It is cheap and money well spent. They also sell monitors to check your glucose level. They are a bit more expensive, approximately 4000 THB, a good investment to make sure you do not have diabetes or pre-diabetes.

Try it out in the shop when you buy it. It is cheap and money well spent. They also sell monitors to check your glucose level. They are a bit more expensive, approximately 4000 THB, a good investment to make sure you do not have diabetes or pre-diabetes.

Fascino is the best place to buy glucometers. They have quite a few different models to choose from.

To find this store are you heading North or South along Sukhumvit?

• 6 months later...
anybody know where I can purchase a heart rate watch (reasonable price....upto 4000Baht) from Pattaya or surrounding areas, I am prepared to go to Bangkok as well. Any help appreciated.

i have a polar top of the range which i bought in feb, tried it once, according to the booklet that came with it i had the heartrate of 55- 60 yrs old only doing a moderate jog... got a bit worried and never used it since... ill take your 4k..pm me if your interested, i could drop it off at the weekend

anybody know where I can purchase a heart rate watch (reasonable price....upto 4000Baht) from Pattaya or surrounding areas, I am prepared to go to Bangkok as well. Any help appreciated.

i have a polar top of the range which i bought in feb, tried it once, according to the booklet that came with it i had the heartrate of 55- 60 yrs old only doing a moderate jog... got a bit worried and never used it since... ill take your 4k..pm me if your interested, i could drop it off at the weekend

Where can we get Plar Watch in Bkk ??? Tkx. :)