Pojaman Is Landing In Bangkok Tonight

george

POTJAMAN'S CALLS TO NEWIN GO UNANSWERED: 'IT'S TOO LATE'

"It is too late," Newin Chidchob told his close aides when asked why he did not answer the three phone calls from Potjaman Damapong yesterday afternoon. The move by the ex-wife of former PM Thaksin was a last-ditch attempt to convince Newin not to let his faction of 37 ex-PPP MPs defect to the Democrat Party camp in a bid to form a new government.

Maybe there's still time. Where does Newin reside? Pojamin could get her chauffeur to drive her 'toot sweet' - along with a few black SUV's loaded with gifts (like a newfangled Ms Santa Claus) - and dump money bags at Newin's feet, and then drop to her knees with her flat face pressed on the cold tiles - and beg Newin to take the money - for him and his 'friends.'

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologise if this has already been pointed out, there are just so many threads related and inter related :D

The story was that she and Thaksin got divorced because she wanted him out of politics, he agreed :D and then he went back on hs word :o and so she divorced him.

She is now in town running around like a blue arsed fly, doing the mother hen impersonation..ALL POLITICALLY RELATED.

It really is a Shinawatra Flying Circus. They are all liars of an extreme kind and how anybody is naive enough to believe anything that the Shittywats say is beyond me. I am not a fan of any Thai politician.They are all at it. But I just hope for the good of the country that somehow they bury the Shittywat clan once and for all.However, I doubt it as there is just too much money involved :D

She is not running around, she's been holed up in ther "moonlight" residence ever since her return, with significant police presense around. She could have called people, of course.

Newin apparently didn't answer, and, I believe, her attempts are only half hearted anyway.

She might be under effective house arrest, too.

>>>

She won't be going shopping to Emporium any time soon - she was hustled last time she showed up there, that's democracy, too, though not the Belgian kind.

Bird Thongchai can't even dream about going shopping in Thailand - too many fans.

To compliment Kxfields post along with the details :-

Sun, December 7, 2008 : Last updated 14:49 hours

Yongyuth becomes new Pheu Thai leader

By The Nation

Caretaker Pheu Thai Party leader Yongyuth Wichaidit was Sunday elected as the new leader of the party which is the reincarnation of the dissolved People Power.

It was earlier speculated that Yinglak Shinawatra, a sister of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, would be elected as the new Pheu Thai leader.

The party election was held at the party head office at 10 am.

Former Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat and his wife, Yaowapha Wongsawat, left their house at 9:30 am to observe the election of the new Pheu Thai board.

The party assembly voted unanimously to retain the same number of 13 party executives before electing the new board.

Caretaker party registrar Kamol Bandaiphet nominated Yongyuth to the post of party leader without anyone nominating another candidate to contest against him.

Yinglak, who was sitting in the front row, was apparently surprised that her name was not nominated.

She rose from her seat and walked to the back of the room to talk to a party member after her name was not nominated.

When realising that she was being watched by reporters, she and the party member went inside a room behind the meeting room immediately.

Unquote

It would seem things are not going the way they were expected to go, that is, via the Thaksin family injections...monetary and verbally, MY MY MY :D

marshbags :o:D

Edited by marshbags

I think it's very not Buddhist to wish people to 'rot in jail' regardless of what they have done...

her crime - she didn't pay taxes. once, long time ago.

short list of her main "evil doings":

- she have money

- she left thailand

- she came back to thailand

- she is a woman

- she doesn't look like a 23 years old fashion model (but if she would do - it would be "devil doing" as well, if in doubt see one point above)

- she have that name, that provoke word play with japanese cartoon character

her crime - she didn't pay taxes.

Over a Half Billion Baht in taxes...

short list of her main "evil doings":

- she have money

the majority of it derived from pilferage of the Thai Treasury through her husband's financial shenanigans... reaping deal..

60nl007.jpg

after deal...

es_son_007.jpg

- she left thailand

fled with her brother, son, and daughter, amongst others...

brothersonanddaughter.jpg

prompting the issuance of an arrest warrant...

69100_620784.jpg

- she came back to thailand

eager to sit in a docket yet again and be told yet again that she's guilty...

thumbxphp.jpg

- she is a woman

no comment...

e973655b.jpg

- she doesn't look like a 23 years old fashion model

but she can't help that...

004-1.jpg

- she have that name, that provoke word play with japanese cartoon character

they do have their similarities...

pokemon.jpg

When you read comments like this, from someone who obviously has no understanding of what it was that she and her family has done to the country over the last ten years or so, it really does make you wonder. Just how deep is your head in the sand to think of her as the victim in all of this?

And what does it being a long time ago have to do with anything? Just means you've evaded justice well, not that you are any less guilty.

Between Mr Shin and Mr Mugarbe there would appear to be a similar solution.....arrest under an international warrant. Mrs Shin seems to have wasted her time trying to talk to Newin...better luck next life?? :o

When you read comments like this, from someone who obviously has no understanding of what it was that she and her family has done to the country over the last ten years or so, it really does make you wonder. Just how deep is your head in the sand to think of her as the victim in all of this?

And what does it being a long time ago have to do with anything? Just means you've evaded justice well, not that you are any less guilty.

did i say she is a victim?

what have her name or her haircut do with it? all this sauna gossip and beach bar trash talk is lame.

if you know more than me - do you know how much tax money the thaksin complex still did generated every year?

the protests just wasted other peoples money, hurt and destory other people businesses, other people lose their jobs.

anyway, purpose of my entry was mainly to joke.

if your emotional overpressure needs some relief, check this out:

guess who said that "Thaksin is no saint, please do not be mistaken, but he is the best prime minister our country has ever had.” no, not me that comes from Sondhi.

guess who did defend Thaksin, said that Thaksin just do what a Leader have to do and that he is 'an outstanding personality unlike other many other politicians'. no, not me that comes from Chamlong.

Wait until their asset concealment case starts.

Once they can legally prove what the whole country knows already - that Thaksin had full control of Shin while "serving" as a PM, it will be a lot more than some unpaid taxes ten years ago (half a billion!).

Legally Pojamarn might escape but the money will be gone.

That answers a question of why time is of the essense - you can beg a pardon for jail sentence but you can't beg 76 billion baht back. Once it's gone, it's gone.

To compliment Kxfields post along with the details :-

Sun, December 7, 2008 : Last updated 14:49 hours

Yongyuth becomes new Pheu Thai leader

By The Nation

Caretaker Pheu Thai Party leader Yongyuth Wichaidit was Sunday elected as the new leader of the party which is the reincarnation of the dissolved People Power.

[/b][/color]

Anyone know what the new leader is all about? His position regarding foreigners residing in Thailand for instance?

what have her name or her haircut do with it? all this sauna gossip and beach bar trash talk is lame.

if you know more than me - do you know how much tax money the thaksin complex still did generated every year?

the protests just wasted other peoples money, hurt and destory other people businesses, other people lose their jobs.

guess who said that "Thaksin is no saint, please do not be mistaken, but he is the best prime minister our country has ever had.” no, not me that comes from Sondhi.

guess who did defend Thaksin, said that Thaksin just do what a Leader have to do and that he is 'an outstanding personality unlike other many other politicians'. no, not me that comes from Chamlong.

Question: What's the difference between Sonthi, Chamlong, PD and Koo?

Answer: The former two smelt the dog turd, while the latter two still thinks it smells like coffee. :D:o

Wake up or better still.......... go back to sleep. :D

If you like I can give you along lits of praising comments of democratic elected political leaders towards

Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Mussolini, Ceaucscu, Idi Amin, and we all know they where making a misjudgement.

If you like I can give you along lits of praising comments of democratic elected political leaders towards

Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Mussolini, Ceaucscu, Idi Amin, and we all know they where making a misjudgement.

how about to tell me how much tax money the thaksin complex had generated every year?

and what has it to do with "Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Mussolini, Ceaucscu, Idi Amin" and "democratic elected political leaders ?" if you want bring there somekind of list you must also explain why you want to do it.

do you know in what kind of relationship the 2 persons i mentioned above have been with thaksin and for how long?

i would be much more interested to see a list with comments from academics, political scientists, international observers, independent media and so on who can explain to me that the PAD is somehow good, cool and do the right things.

how about to tell me how much tax money the thaksin complex had generated every year?

A better question would be to gauge how much taxes Thaksin and his ilk have withheld/cheated from the Thai people. My guess is somewhere in the tens of billions of Baht.

Edited by brahmburgers

A better question would be to gauge how much taxes Thaksin and his ilk have withheld/cheated from the Thai people. My guess is somewhere in the tens of billions of Baht.

Not to mention that Thaksin's main business is now earning revenue for Singapore (though whether they pay taxes or not I'm not sure).

And his other (former) business now earns revenue for Abu Dhabi (and I'm pretty sure Thaksin never paid any taxes on the earnings from that business, or on the huge profit he made when he sold it.).

And how much tax was paid on the property that he arranged to be sold to his wife at a 75% discount, so she could resell it and make a huge profit ?

Oh right, NO taxes were paid (which is why she has that 3 year prison sentence hanging over her head).

So all in all, I'd say the mighty Thaksin complex is generating next to ZERO tax money for the Thai people every year.

(Unless he has other businesses that are still operating.....legally.......in the country ?)

Pojaman changes surname back to Damapong, gets new ID card

Pojaman Damapong Monday officially changed her surname back from Shinawatra to Damapong at the Dusit district office. She arrived at the district office at 8 am.

Wearing orange shirt and brown skirt,spent about ten minutes to apply for a new identification card. After getting her new card, she and her aides left the district office in a van.

- The Nation / 2008-12-08

Pojaman changes surname back to Damapong, gets new ID card

Pojaman Damapong Monday officially changed her surname back from Shinawatra to Damapong at the Dusit district office. She arrived at the district office at 8 am.

Wearing orange shirt and brown skirt,spent about ten minutes to apply for a new identification card. After getting her new card, she and her aides left the district office in a van.

- The Nation / 2008-12-08

Hi S.J

I must have missed a lot about Potjaman. Why no arrest?

phupaman

and what has it to do with "Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Mussolini, Ceaucscu, Idi Amin" and "democratic elected political leaders ?" if you want bring there somekind of list you must also explain why you want to do it.

do you know in what kind of relationship the 2 persons i mentioned above have been with thaksin and for how long?

i would be much more interested to see a list with comments from academics, political scientists, international observers, independent media and so on who can explain to me that the PAD is somehow good, cool and do the right things.

I think my comment is very easy to understand, but maybe I overrated your intelligence

Hi S.J

I must have missed a lot about Potjaman. Why no arrest?

phupaman

She's out on bail appealing her conviction...

Pojaman appeals tax-evasion verdict

A defence team yesterday completed the filing of an appeal seeking to overturn the guilty verdict for tax evasion involving Pojaman Shinawatra, ex-wife of former prime minister Thaksin.

The appellate writ is 130-pages long, containing 10 factual and legal issues disputing the conviction and sentencing of Pojaman, her brother Bhanapot Damapong, and her private secretary, Kanchanapa Honghern.

The Criminal Court in July convicted the three for Bt546 million in tax evasion, relating to a share transaction between pojaman and Bhanapot which was illegally declared as a family gift to avoid paying income tax.

Pojaman and Bhanapot have each been sentenced to serve a combined jail term of three years, two for tax evasion and one for making false statements to violate the excise code. Kanchanapa has received a jail term of two years for being an accessory to evade tax. The three have been released on bail pending appeal.

The appellate writ was lodged at the lower court within the November 18 deadline and formally acknowledged by the Court of Appeals yesterday, paving the way for the commencement of the appellate review.

The Nation / 2008-11-21

Edited by sriracha john

Not to mention that Thaksin's main business is now earning revenue for Singapore (though whether they pay taxes or not I'm not sure).

And his other (former) business now earns revenue for Abu Dhabi (and I'm pretty sure Thaksin never paid any taxes on the earnings from that business, or on the huge profit he made when he sold it.).

And how much tax was paid on the property that he arranged to be sold to his wife at a 75% discount, so she could resell it and make a huge profit ?

Oh right, NO taxes were paid (which is why she has that 3 year prison sentence hanging over her head).

So all in all, I'd say the mighty Thaksin complex is generating next to ZERO tax money for the Thai people every year.

(Unless he has other businesses that are still operating.....legally.......in the country ?)

Plus AIS recieved 5 year tax breaks for using Thailand as its regional hub an incentive only given previously to foreign companies.

Edited by parryhandy