Dealerships Giving Deals, Or Biz As Usual In Thailand?

steelepulse

So I see all over the news that the car industry is slow and that dealerships are having to give great discounts and deals to make a sale.  Has anyone heard of this happening here, or is it normal business, "Here's the price, either buy it or don't" attitude.  I'm not talking about the normal 1 year free insurance, but some actual discounts off list price.

So I see all over the news that the car industry is slow and that dealerships are having to give great discounts and deals to make a sale.  Has anyone heard of this happening here, or is it normal business, "Here's the price, either buy it or don't" attitude.  I'm not talking about the normal 1 year free insurance, but some actual discounts off list price.

No, specially in Thailand not. The problem is not that peaple not want new cars, the problem is to get finance done. 2 Years ago you can get a new Toyota with 10% down. Now they want 20 to 25% down. The finance rules getting much tighter now. Even you have u good bank statement and a good guarrantor, the finance company maybe not "pass" you. This procedure can take several weeks or even months sometime. The banks can't loan money at the moment. BTW Dealer profit is so small in Thailand, they can't do any big pricereductions and usally they not interesting in selling the cars for cash, because they make another profit on financing the car.

Yes you can get discounts but it requires good negotiating skills on your part. The amount of discount you can get will depend on cost of model you wish to buy, how many of that model are sitting on the lot and your skill at negotiating. Remember you have nothing to lose by walking if you can't get the deal you want but if its doable they won't let you leave.

A couple simple things to remember. Don't buy into the line that dealers will not discount. Also, if salesman says cannot sell for price you offer insist offer be taken to sales manager.

I purchased two cars in the last couple years for cash and at price cheaper than what they first quoted so it is possible. I also received the normal 1 class insurance and other cheap stuff they throw in like window tint film, undercoat, etc when trying to make deal.

Edited by ballbreaker

a dealer told me today for a 1,000,000 baht car they were salling at the same price they sell this week at Bangkok motor show, which took off 100,000 baht. i negotiated further and they agreed if i pay cash to take off another 50,000 baht. that seems good to me; should i expect to do better or should i grab a deal like that? also includes free tint, 1 year first class insurance, roof rack, rear spoilers whatever that is;

they said they would let me buy the car within a few days at that deal. if i'm paying all cash upfront, should i expect to get more off, or should i grabl this deal?

thank you .

I had my car serviced at the Ford dealership in Loei and noticed a new Everest for 999,000 Baht. Diesel and two wheel drive. I wasn't interested so I didn't ask any question but I do know the retail price is much higher.

I had my car serviced at the Ford dealership in Loei and noticed a new Everest for 999,000 Baht. Diesel and two wheel drive. I wasn't interested so I didn't ask any question but I do know the retail price is much higher.

Yes maybe Ford, Mitsu, etc. They are good cars, but Thais don't want them. So they are not really in the Marked. But with Toyota and Honda is no deal, specially in the lower price range, like a Vios, Jazz or City. You are lucky if you can get 10'k of freebees and free insurance.