Ubc Problems 06.12

LivinLOS

Is it just me ??

I have UBC signal breaking up and macroblocking with sound glitches.. Everything was fine before but I do have a unusual setup (dreamboxes and card splitters)..

Anyone else ??

Nope. Just flicked through a load of random channels and it's fine here in Pattaya

Since posting signal has dropped totally twice, gone for a few mins and come back.. Currently gone..

SNR and AGC hopping about.. A variable of ber (dont know what that is) occasionally changing, seems to be best when ber = 0..

Problem I have is the UBC people always get snotty and blame non UBC hardware even when the problem is thiers.. Before they have refused to touch it when I showed them faults (thiers) so I keep a UBC rented box here to plug in to show them issues.

Since posting signal has dropped totally twice, gone for a few mins and come back.. Currently gone..

We've certainly not had any total losses since you posted (been watching the V8 Supercars on AXN). May be a combination of a UBC issue and your setup :o

So I turn the xbox on so she can watch a movie.. And the xbox 360 dies with its first ever 3ROLD !!! :o Not recovering either.

Not your day for technology is it :D

Perchance are you suffering from low mains voltage?

• 1 month later...

What's a dreambox? I know what a splitter is but what's a dreambox?

Does the wireless have good range?

I need it for the 2nd floor of my house. I hate running the telephone wire for the split card.

Edited by mdechgan

What's a dreambox? I know what a splitter is but what's a dreambox?

Does the wireless have good range?

I need it for the 2nd floor of my house. I hate running the telephone wire for the split card.

Dreambox http://www.bkkcabletv.com/index.php?lay=sh...e&Id=363337

The wireless range depends on the materials, ours goes through a concrete wall and about 10m with no problem, but I've not tried it through the floor. Since the master unit can go anywhere you can position for best effect.

Edited by Crossy