Legal For Foreigner To Export Bolts Of Silk Cloth?

Hi,

I was reading through the occupations not allowed for foreigners and could not positively establish if foreigners are allowed to export silk.

If legal, I guess I need an export license. How do I get one for this and what does it cost? Do I (we) have to set up a local company with 2 million start up capital?

What if the company is 51% thai owned?

Hi,

I was reading through the occupations not allowed for foreigners and could not positively establish if foreigners are allowed to export silk.

If legal, I guess I need an export license. How do I get one for this and what does it cost? Do I (we) have to set up a local company with 2 million start up capital?

What if the company is 51% thai owned?

What are " bolts of silk cloth" ?

There is nothing special about Thai silk. It's a normal textile product and there are no restrictions to export as far as I'm aware; in fact they will be happy if you export Thai silk products or material.

Can't guide you through the necessary documents though but buying is simple and exporting ? .......just hire an agent and he will be able to tell you how.

LaoPo

What are " bolts of silk cloth" ?

Bit surprised you didn't know that one LaoPo. :o

"A large roll of cloth of a definite length, especially as it comes from the loom."

Bolt of Cloth

A standard unit of length used in the fabric industry.

Conversions

1 bolt of cloth = 36.576 m 1 bolt of cloth = 120 feet

1 bolt of cloth = 40 yards 1 bolt of cloth = 1440 inches