Doi Intanon With Thai Drivers License?

Artey

Or can i get in for Thai price?

I've heard mixed reports, has anyone actually been there recently, with Thai license only?

Curious; & just what would you do when you rolled up with your Thai licence & had to pay the farang tourist price - turn around & come back, wasting your petrol money both ways?? :o

Is farang price so expensive?

YES.

(And it's not a Farang price actually, it's a price for non-Thai tourists.)

YES....

I tried leaving my helmet on and talked with the gaurd in broken thai....

Showing off my orange king bracelet hoping he thought i was thai :o didn`t work though....lol

i paid about 500....

Edited by junki3korean

I don't have a Thai DL and I still got for the Thai price. I only had a Thai business card...

So, Ajarn, what is your secret of being able to drive all these years in Thailand without a Thai DL? I was under the impression an Intl DL or a non-Thai DL was good for only a few months; and, in the event of an accident not having a Thai license puts one at a disadvantage. Just wondering...

If it's really an issue, one can go past the usual turnoff for the park (go to Hot, then Mae Chaem) and take the back entrance.

Road dumps you out just up from the park entrance.

Cost to visit park....zero baht

Look on park ranger's faces....priceless

:o

should the driving license work at the zoo and other national parks (eg. Mae Sa waterfall) as well? my employer is holding on to my work permit and it is clumsy to always ask for an updated photocopy after every extension and then carry around a bunch of papers.

thanks

I used a Thai DL just last month and got Thai prices at Doi Intanon, the zoo, and some other place operating this that slips my mind right now.. Each place there was no argument, no problems, just received with a smile.

A radical change from the surly attitudes and flat out refusals here on phuket where the prevailing attitude is flat out 'you farang you pay' no matter what.