Ban Chang House Rent Rates

Kinter

Hi,

I have a question about accomadation rental in Ban Chang as I am considering a move there from Bangkok. I have read about some very nice sounding mobans in the area on this forum, but there doesn't seem to be any info on prices. Could anybody give me a ballpark figure for the cheaper end of the spectrum? House preferably.

Thanks

You have to look but the 15,000 baht places are around. Trouble is they just aren't advertised in some way that you would notice. You have to drive into the villages and look around at the signs on the gates. If the place has a sales office stop in and ask them

long ball is right-

15,000 can get you a pretty good place but you have to search for it ( plenty at this price but grotty- good ones too though)

20,000 up and you 'll find some nice new places pretty easily

25,000 up- easy to find something

it all depends on what you expect / what is your bottom end of the acceptable range

the problem is having local knowledge to know where to find them-- things aren't clearly advertised so it takes time

unless ofcourse you reserve yourself to the big villages-

try these villages:

payoon green ville ( payoon rd on left 3km south towards sea- has been green sign and orange fountain)

simthavee park (payoon rd on left 1km down after sports field)

simthavee gardens (sukhumvit rd on south side 2 km out towards maptaput way)

lom talay 1 (1 and 2 down by payoon beach- down payoon rd turn left at bottom- take small soi 500m on left with dolphin statue)

lom talay 2

payoon rd is the one going south to payoon beach from the sukhumvit rd traffic light junction-- has a 711 on the corner and police box and is 200m after the tesco express shop - it is the centre of ban chang) as you turn into it you go under the big royal ornate arch

sam prao pong ( north side of payoon green ville)

ban chang garden home ( temple entrance- next to payoon green ville)

romsuk ( sukhumvit rd)

ban chang village ( sukhumvit rd)

another one opposite the Garden International school too- can't remember name

The place I am currently renting will be available when we move next June/July. The owner is Thai lady and Japanese husband who are living in Japan. House is clean and comfortable with basic furniture. We make it home. Nice garden that my wife takes care of. The village is nothing fancy and not maintained too well but the neighbors are good and the place is pretty quiet most of the time. We pay 13k plus utilities.

We are less than 5 minutes from the police box on Suk and 5 minutes to the sport field and Banchang pool .

Not sure if any other places are for rent here as I have not looked.

Hi there I am also looking for something in the 20K range but can pay more if needed. I am familiar will all of the villages moo bahns etc but not many reasonable for rent. I hope we keep this post alive for all to pursue, so any leads would be appreciated. I prefer south west side rather than east. I am following a lead right now, and might have something by tomorrow.

Saw a new sign today that was clear and written in very good english.

Caught enough to see advert of a new house. I will be by that way tomorrow so I can take a pic of the details

The sign was on a post on the intersection for the kindergarden school half way down Payoon Beach rd almost to Payoon Greenville. it was nailed to the stop sign post i think.

Saw a new sign today that was clear and written in very good english.

Caught enough to see advert of a new house. I will be by that way tomorrow so I can take a pic of the details

The sign was on a post on the intersection for the kindergarden school half way down Payoon Beach rd almost to Payoon Greenville. it was nailed to the stop sign post i think.

Well I bad! I thought the ad was for a house but now today I had time to take a pic of the sign and it is for a Condo.

Here's the pic anyway in case anyone is interested.

post-20917-1229658423_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there I am also looking for something in the 20K range but can pay more if needed. I am familiar will all of the villages moo bahns etc but not many reasonable for rent. I hope we keep this post alive for all to pursue, so any leads would be appreciated. I prefer south west side rather than east. I am following a lead right now, and might have something by tomorrow.

So how did the lead pan out? And can you find something in the 20k range that meets your needs?

Southwest side of????Banchang? or Rayong?

:o

• 1 month later...

Has anyone noticed there being more empty houses for rent lately. I live up country and there are more houses for rent now than ever.

How are the prices in Ban Chang?

Have rents gone any down yet?

Edited by MAC10

Has anyone noticed there being more empty houses for rent lately. I live up country and there are more houses for rent now than ever.

The empty houese on the estate I live on are being occupied so less of them available now and no drop in rent prices.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from Ban Chang yesterday. Spent Saturday and Sunday there trying to find a house. The nice mooban houses were 25,000 and up. We did find a few for 16,000 and even an okay one for 13,000, but it only had two bedrooms. We ended up driving around outside the moobans and found one near the beach for 16,000. It's not exactly what I was looking for, but a bit of tweaking should make it home for at least a year.

We were told by some people we met that if you go on the other side of Sukhumvit (not the sea side) that there are unfurnished houses for as low as 3,000 and average around 7,000. Didn't explore that avenue, though, as with houses and most other things you usually get what you pay for.

That was our first time to Ban Chang, though, so I expect when this rental contract expires in a year we'll have a much better idea of what's out there and where it all is.

• 2 weeks later...

Banchang rents are inflated due, quite rightly, to the high demand from the working/expat community and its proximity to the Mapthaput industrial zone and I guess Pattaya too!

Better value can be obtained by moving eastwards and into the city of Rayong.

• 1 year later...

Hi, just pulling this old thread from under the dust or sand...

we are in the final stage of moving to Thailand,and looking at your post thought worth while to remind you of your statement and ask for an update :)

We are looking for a 3 bedroom house and a private swimming pool would be very nice...

Kids are planned for St Andrews, but we can still look at Garden international or Regent,

we have a car and the Mrs drives, so where should we start looking ? 25K is an OK price for us.

I made the same experience that it is difficult to find anything online for Ban Chang area,

for Pattaya tons of info available, but we are still hopefull to find something nice in Ban Chang area.

all info much appreciated

2009-03-17[/b] 10:26:30' post='2601875']

Just got back from Ban Chang yesterday. Spent Saturday and Sunday there trying to find a house. The nice mooban houses were 25,000 and up. We did find a few for 16,000 and even an okay one for 13,000, but it only had two bedrooms. We ended up driving around outside the moobans and found one near the beach for 16,000. It's not exactly what I was looking for, but a bit of tweaking should make it home for at least a year.

We were told by some people we met that if you go on the other side of Sukhumvit (not the sea side) that there are unfurnished houses for as low as 3,000 and average around 7,000. Didn't explore that avenue, though, as with houses and most other things you usually get what you pay for.

That was our first time to Ban Chang, though, so I expect when this rental contract expires in a year we'll have a much better idea of what's out there and where it all is.

This is the house I am renting between Phayoon and Nam Rin beaches for 20k p/m. Been there 1 year now and just renewed contract for the same price. There are 2 the same for rent nearby for the same price - no pool though but only 500m from the beach. PM me if you want some further info.

post-70456-1273810140_thumb.jpg

The empty houese on the estate I live on are being occupied so less of them available now and no drop in rent prices.

Since I posted the above I have recently counted 22 empty houses in my estate, most for rent.

Just in the process of moving from beach front, 2 bedroom, house at Phala (36,000 p/m) to about house about a mile inland. 4 bedroom, 4 rooms down stairs + kitchen, 2 bathrooms and 2 rai of garden 10,000 p/m. Bargins are there if you look around.

• 11 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/21/2021 at 2:26 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

We are looking for a 3-bedroom house in Ban Chang (as near as possible to REPS or Garden International school).  Have rental prices changed much since this thread was started?  Ideally, we're looking at paying around 20k.

I highly doubt it . Just look at a house and offer what you can afford . They can only say no .

• Like 1