Dogs

wolf359

Good Morning Thailand :o Can you help me? I am moving to Thailand soon and I am bringing three dogs with me from the UK, do I have to quarantine them? and are there any boarding kennels anybody can recommend in the Pattaya area?

Many Thanks...........

I think you should have them put down mate, not only are dogs pests but I think you'll find thailand has too many already-peter

Good Morning Thailand :D Can you help me? I am moving to Thailand soon and I am bringing three dogs with me from the UK, do I have to quarantine them? and are there any boarding kennels anybody can recommend in the Pattaya area?

Many Thanks...........

I think you should have them put down mate, not only are dogs pests but I think you'll find thailand has too many already-peter

Its nice to know there are smart arse people out there I hope when you are looking for advice SOMBODY has the curtesy to reply properly. :o

Good Morning Thailand :D Can you help me? I am moving to Thailand soon and I am bringing three dogs with me from the UK, do I have to quarantine them? and are there any boarding kennels anybody can recommend in the Pattaya area?

Many Thanks...........

From what I've seen of stray dogs in Thailand while on holidays, and what I've read on here... I can just see everybody on TV thinking... "Jesus! THREE more dogs!" :o:D:D

If you do not have anything helpful to say don't bother :D

Many Thanks...........

From what I've seen of stray dogs in Thailand while on holidays, and what I've read on here... I can just see everybody on TV thinking... "Jesus! THREE more dogs!" :o:D:D

Wooooooooooooooo! Wolf touchy.

Why dont you do a search regarding bringing dogs into the country?

Also bare in mind that i THINK they gotta go into quarantine for 6 months when you leave.

Good Morning Thailand :o Can you help me? I am moving to Thailand soon and I am bringing three dogs with me from the UK, do I have to quarantine them? and are there any boarding kennels anybody can recommend in the Pattaya area?

Many Thanks...........

From what I've seen of stray dogs in Thailand while on holidays, and what I've read on here... I can just see everybody on TV thinking... "Jesus! THREE more dogs!" :D:D:D

Wooooooooooooooo! Wolf touchy.

Why dont you do a search regarding bringing dogs into the country?

Also bare in mind that i THINK they gotta go into quarantine for 6 months when you leave.

Nice one its a joy to realise that humou :D r is not dead

Wolf, I don't believe they have to be quarantined entering thailand but will have to if you ever decide to return to the UK. Also speak to the vet about special vaccinations, there are a lot of worms in thailand that can kill your english dogs as well as parvo virus and many others that western dogs aren't immune to. Also please bear in mind that some breeds dont do well in tropical climates, I've seen a great dane once near skeletal with skin disease as it was completly unsuited to this climate.

Also remember that a lot of thais have a different attitude to pets than westerners & if your dogs are naughty or untrained you may find them dead one day as they might piss off the neighbours (this happened to one of my thai dogs, the goivernment did a randome poisoning of the bins in the village after complaints about strays & my dog ate the food & died, very upsetting). If you have a house with an enclosed garden & lots of shaded space there's no reason that they can't be ok but walking them in LOS is unheard of due to the number of strays on the street & taking them to the beaches for runs is not appriciated by the locals & tourists either.

Sorry to sound so negative but your pets may be better rehoused in the UK. :o

i have 3 dogs here in Thailand, the first thing is they only go for walks with either me or my galfriend, so then they dont eat out of the rubbish bins, if your the sort of person to let your dogs roam the streets, then good for them if they eat the poison and die, i just wish more stray dogs would fall for that trick, during the hot season an aircon room for the dogs is a good idea as it can get way to hot for them.

to bring the dogs here you need all there injections done etc, you need to arrive in bkk in the daytime as the vet only works daytimes, and thats about it, there is a really good thread somewhere here that goes into all the ins outs of it.

The search buttons are great. Wolf359 dog poop is not uncommon in LOS. Just check the bottom of your shoe after a walk. This means your dogs can pick up many diseases by just sniffing around whether they are on a leash or not. Dog poop. Why doesn't some enviornmental group plant a seed in each pile?

-a

Edited by aughie

sighhhh it seems no one likes to just offer their experience in doing just the same as you want. I have 3 cats i brang with me from Canada and all i needed was the regular papers saying all shots were given and healthy. this most be done within 10 days no longer to be valid. not sure if its the same from your country but should be. as for people saying there are too many strays here. then remind your local thais next time the gov wants to clean them up not to try and say its so evil to kill them and then run when they bite some one saying not their dog.