If You Got Kicked Out?

Jockstar

Ok. If you got kicked out of LOS tomorrow. Where would you go and what would you do?

Would it be back to your home country or maybe somewhere else in Asia?

Personally i'd go to Oz as i got residence there. No way would i go back to the Uk. But i at least i a have choice. so what about the rest of you? I'd have to go back toi being a sparky for at least a while. I would miss my life and teaching job here. It will probably never happen to most of us. But just a thought.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jockstar, where do you get your avatars... not sure which is worse, this one or the guy punching his teddy bear?

Maybe i should start a thread. What is your favourite Jockstar avatar? :o:D:D

Never been to Turkey. An ex wanted me to go there years ago but i split up with her before i got the chance. Maybe in the future though. I've been to Rhodes one of the Greek islands. That was years ago. also full of tourists, But i had a good time. i love Gyros pitas.mmmmmmm

You always have choices. Just because it didn't work out here. Doesn't mean you gotta go home. For me thats like taking a step back in your life. I cant ever see me living in Scotland again. I'm Scottish and always will be. I'm proud to be Scottish. But i cant ever see me living there again. If i really had to go back to the Uk . then it would be London. anyway thats not gonna happen.

If you really had to leave. would you really have to go home?

Left my home country 35 years ago, so hardly desirable to go back now, except for a visit.

However, this is an interesting subject. I was always wondering how the settlers coped after being thrown out of African countries, having lived there for one or two generations.

jings, crivvens and help ma boab...London? one of the last places I would settle, not after living in the LoS.

I would probably look around asia, but to be honest I was enjoying a beer with one of my mates last night and he is head over heals for the Ukraine, he has done the LoS thing and moved on.

His description sounded pretty good, and you should see his girlfriend :o

Ok. If you got kicked out of LOS tomorrow. Where would you go and what would you do?

Personally i'd go to Oz as i got residence there. No way would i go back to the Uk. But i at least i a have choice. so what about the rest of you? I'd have to go back toi being a sparky for at least a while. I would miss my life and teaching job here. It will probably never happen to most of us. But just a thought.

Jockstar, where do you get your avatars... not sure which is worse, this one or the guy punching his teddy bear?

Kidding. :D

I am English and do not live in Thailand, but am married to a Thai woman. We are thinking of moving there in the future, 5 years or so. I have thought of alternatives... and the UK is definitely NOT one of them. I lived in Turkey for three years before coming to Greece. It is practically as cheap in Turkey as it is in Thailand and a great country with great people. Also right now, possibly one of the best places to 'invest' in as I am sure they will get inot Europe within a few years... then the prices will rocket.

Turkey is a poor country like Thailand and some beautiful women there... The food is as good as it gets in any country I've been to. If you have a little money a great life can be had there and the crime rate is minimal, due to the harsh sentances for criminals and the not so nice prison conditions. It is a country I feel 'safe' in.

Maybe I should get a job there in the tourist industry :o

My God what's happening!! I agree with Ravisher again.Seriously Turkey is a wonderful country and I think will become increasingly important in the world as an example of where Islam and a relatively modern outlook on life can co-exist.The country is also extremely beautiful, the people hospitable and what is more Ataturk is one of my heroes.

On a different tack have you noticed that British expatriates who say "of course I will never go back to the UK again" tend to be fairly creepy losers (especially when somewhere like Australia is their ultimate destination).

Ravisher has made me quite interested in Turkey, I shall google a bit and learn.

I would go back to Noosa in Qld Aus. Noosa IMHO is the best place in Australia for lifestyle, weather, beaches and outdoor dining. I actually think I will go back there in the next few years and relax more than I do now. Ah! 25 degrees every day!

NOOSA! :o

Edited by Tornado

Kidding. :D

I am English and do not live in Thailand, but am married to a Thai woman. We are thinking of moving there in the future, 5 years or so. I have thought of alternatives... and the UK is definitely NOT one of them. I lived in Turkey for three years before coming to Greece. It is practically as cheap in Turkey as it is in Thailand and a great country with great people. Also right now, possibly one of the best places to 'invest' in as I am sure they will get inot Europe within a few years... then the prices will rocket.

Turkey is a poor country like Thailand and some beautiful women there... The food is as good as it gets in any country I've been to. If you have a little money a great life can be had there and the crime rate is minimal, due to the harsh sentances for criminals and the not so nice prison conditions. It is a country I feel 'safe' in.

Maybe I should get a job there in the tourist industry :o

My God what's happening!! I agree with Ravisher again.Seriously Turkey is a wonderful country and I think will become increasingly important in the world as an example of where Islam and a relatively modern outlook on life can co-exist.The country is also extremely beautiful, the people hospitable and what is more Ataturk is one of my heroes.

On a different tack have you noticed that British expatriates who say "of course I will never go back to the UK again" tend to be fairly creepy losers (especially when somewhere like Australia is their ultimate destination).

Fortunately, I can never be kicked out with a Thai PP :D

BUT, if I was forced to leave, I would head back to my beloved Melbourne (and on my way out I think I'd give Boris a kick right up the backside for his last comments)

Ravisher has made me quite interested in Turkey, I shall google a bit and learn.

I would go back to Noosa in Qld Aus. Noosa IMHO is the best place in Australia for lifestyle, weather, beaches and outdoor dining. I actually think I will go back there in the next few years and relax more than I do now. Ah! 25 degrees every day!

NOOSA!  :D

Boris! You really have no ###### idea. Have you ever been to Oz? i doubt it. You are a ###### <deleted> who knows ######c all. I think you are the creepy loser mate,

NOOSA!  :o

Hmm, went for a holiday in Noosa about 10 years ago. Very nice place. I did hear that the property prices have gone through the roof though??

quote=chuchok,2004-12-17 21:27:11]

Hmm, went for a holiday in Noosa about 10 years ago. Very nice place. I did hear that the property prices have gone through the roof though??

Yes, you cannot get much for a mil, thats for sure. I like that aspect of it though as it keeps out the riff raff (stuck up arent I :o ).

I lived there for about 2 years about 10 years ago and could of bought a home in Noosa Waters for under 200k, now the same house is 1.6. I am kicking myself!

noosaaccommodation-dec2004.jpg[

Edited by Tornado

NOOSA!  :o

Well, I've tried Australia too... lived in Melbourne Brisbain and Syndey for three years, about one year in each. That is another place I'd never go back to, not even with the air fare paid. I must admit, it was a very long time ago that I lived there, back in the 1960's when I was 18-21. Had such a bad experience there with the Aussie attitude to poms and foreigners in general at that time, I never had the desire or inclination to return.

The only things I really enjoyed was the weather and humping the chicks at parties while the guys were all p*ssing it up in the kitchen. :D

I think you will find that Australia has changed a <deleted> load since then :D

They still give pommies a hard time, but I don't believe to the same extent. You will probably find that there are more Greeks than pommies living there now. :D

Well, I've tried Australia too... lived in Melbourne Brisbain and Syndey for three years, about one year in each. That is another place I'd never go back to, not even with the air fare paid. I must admit, it was a very long time ago that I lived there, back in the 1960's when I was 18-21. Had such a bad experience there with the Aussie attitude to poms and foreigners in general at that time, I never had the desire or inclination to return.

The only things I really enjoyed was the weather and humping the chicks at parties while the guys were all p*ssing it up in the kitchen. :D

You make a fair point regarding the 60's 70's as it was the "10 pound pom" surge. Things have changed as it does in second generations. Part of the evolution of multiculturalism, it happesn in all countries.

Brisbain is the way the yanks say it :o it is Brisbane, pronounced Brisbun, Brisbon or Brisborn, depending on what state you come from :D

You make a fair point regarding the 60's 70's as it was the "10 pound pom" surge. Things have changed as it does in second generations. Part of the evolution of multiculturalism, it happesn in all countries.

Brisbain is the way the yanks say it :D it is Brisbane, pronounced Brisbun, Brisbon or Brisborn, depending on what state you come from :D

And its also Sydney. Not Syndey. Sorry Rav but i had to point that out. Probably a typo. but you would have done the same. :D:o:D

I'd go to Malaysia. Good multicultural society; Great indian and chinese food; just over the border; Malaysia government offer good package to foreigners to move there.

Malaysia?? H3ll, ZOVOX, you must be easily pleased :o

Turkish Law for foreigners buying property.

"Buying property in Turkey is far less complicated than in the UK. The Estate Agent plays a more active part in "managing" the process. Generally speaking the entire process takes between 6 to 8 weeks.

Foreign nationals may purchase most types of property in Turkey in their own names and when the time comes to sell, the proceeds of the sale may be transferred out of Turkey. "

I have decided to go over and have a look, maybe early next year.

I did notice on looking for properties on the net, that there are a lot of British agents there, but the prices vary from 40,000 pound til ^. Might be worth buying something as Turkey will be part of the EU within 15 years.

Thanks for the seed Ravisher. :o

Looks like its on the cards but not 100% for sure. :o

Prime Minister Balkenende about the start of negotiations with Turkey.16-12-2004

During a press conference after the working dinner of EU Heads of State and Government, the Dutch Prime Minister and President of the European Council, said the following about the start of negotiations on EU membership of Turkey.

Tonight, EU leaders discussed a number of important elements of the decision about accession talks with Turkey which will have to be finalized tomorrow.

The 25 European leaders decided to say yes to opening accession negotiations with Turkey. We took this decision on the basis of the analysis of the European Commission.

These negotiations will start on 3 October 2005.

The goal of these negotiations is EU membership. The talks will have an open ended character, meaning that there is no guaranteed outcome.

We also discussed the issue of what we will do if the talks are not successful. We agreed that we have to make sure that a candidate member state will be anchored in European structures.

We also discussed the issue of Cyprus.(sticking point)

There will be a meeting with the Turkish Prime Minister Erdogan later on tonight. Further details of this meeting will be provided on Friday in the course of the day.

http://www.eu2004.nl/default.asp?CMS_ITEM=...30ACX1X2475X991

Re :Australia ...Nice place but I got deported from there 30 years ago...wonder if I am on any blacklist :D

Turkey is a pretty good call, except for the weather extremes. Uncomfortably hot in the summer, and uncomfortably cold in the winter. Friendly people, though, with good food, interesting people, and cheap prices.

Until recently, I would have said South Africa -- especially around the Cape -- might be a good recommendation. But it is no longer such a bargain with the stronger rand.

Anywhere else in Africa that is pleasant, friendly, cheap, and safe?

Boris! You really have no ###### idea. Have you ever been to Oz? i doubt it. You are a ###### <deleted> who knows ######c all. I think you are the creepy loser mate,

Actually,ignoring if I may your coarse spluttering, I know Australia extremely well and have visited extensively usually staying with Australian friends.I think Australia really is a great country and am thinking about buying an apartment in Melbourne (St Kildas).The point I was making was not about Oz at all but about scummy little Brits who foul up the place, and don't even have the courage to be proud of their UK origins.Most dinky di Ozzies have the same negative view of these Pommie wastrels and I don't blame them.I would kick these creepy losers all out (and out of Thailand too if I had the chance)

Not in Thailand at the moment (but coming back in January); but if it came down to not being able to be either there or here in the US, I'd live in Krakow Poland. Stayed there a summer last year, truly a world-class city. Although must admit, from the descriptions I've read here, Australia sounds pretty great too.